PDA

View Full Version : Coloring and paper question

ccstampin12
10-20-2007, 11:27 AM
I am wondering how you plan your colors for your cards when you color your images with Prismas or watercolor pencils.
Do you color the image and then find paper to coordinate??? OR
Do you choose the papers first and then color to match??????
I really need to have some input here.
Thanks in advance!
Joanie:notworthy:

ellie
10-20-2007, 11:31 AM
For me it's different each time. Sometimes an image just looks like it should be a certain color...I like to put purple and green on my fairy images...then I look for paper that matches. Other times, I have paper I just love and I choose the colors around that.

teabear
10-20-2007, 11:40 AM
I usually use solids with my colored images, so it's easy to find one of the colors in my pile of paper. I color first. I know alot of patterned paper users pick the paper first and color to match.

GrammaStamper
10-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Not much help here, I use both methods. Sometimes the image just shouts "colour me", I do and then find paper. Other times, the paper is the focus.

hbpuppy
10-20-2007, 04:07 PM
I pick the patterned paper first then, color my images. This worked really well for me here. (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7642&ppuser=484) One time I colored an image that was RAKed to me before matching up paper and, well, I'd post it but it never made it onto a card front.

ccstampin12
10-20-2007, 04:26 PM
That is wonderful, Heather! I can just see that enamel ware in real life! Great card~
and colors!
Joanie

Jovi
10-20-2007, 04:29 PM
I almost always pick out the paper colors (cardstock or patterned). When I color the images I try to add some of the colors from the paper.

I have colored the image first and then picked the paper... I try not to do that anymore, it takes me forever to coordinate the colors.

iloveflipflops
10-20-2007, 05:12 PM
I pick the paper first then color ... almost on every card I do...

mydogstinks2
10-20-2007, 07:48 PM
I do both.

The funny thing is I have some stamps that everytime I use them I always do the same color. I've tried a diffrent color and it just dosen't look right. Same thing with coloring them, some I always use markers some I always use h2o's

JBgreendawn
10-21-2007, 11:50 AM
I do both now, but usually i color the image first then add paper or cardstocks with it. ( but, i have been collecting paper for many years, so chances are i have something that will work with anything i can come up with. )
it seems harder to me to color something to match the paper.
but, sometimes i will buy a new paper and (because i love the color combo) then pick an image i know would look good in those colors and use it.

Erin K
10-21-2007, 12:04 PM
I used to color first but now I'm trying to remember to pick the paper first and it's helping a lot.

Christie
10-21-2007, 02:54 PM
I usually color first.