PDA

View Full Version : Glitter dress on my Hanna stamp

Erin K
10-20-2007, 05:07 PM
I got a few questions about how I got glitter on the dress of my Hanna Stamps! cards.

I took one of those full sheets of double sided tape sticky stuff. Like that red line tape stuff but a full sheet you know? Do you know... sticky both sides...

Ok, so I stamped the girl on the white paper and colored her skin and hair and all, then stamped her on patern paper and cut out the dress and glued it to the girl, standard paper piecing style.

Then I stamped her a thrid time on the sticky sheet stuff. On the release paper. I used stazon because it is a mess if not because it doesn't dry. (then you get ink on your fingers and then get inky fingers on the sticky stuff and then you can see it, does this sound like the voice of experience... hmm, it is!)
Then cut just the dress out just like paper piecing, carefully pull the sticky stuff back and put it on the girl's dress. then pull the rest of the release sheet off and you will have a sticky dress. Dump clear glitter (or a color, I was getting the patern in my patern paper to show) on top smash it a bit to make sure it sticks, and dust off the excess.

That's all. It took longer to type than it did to actually DO. One cool thing with the Hanna Stamps is that the dress is SUPER easy to paper piece, it's one large piece with no hard cutting or anything.

loobylou
10-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the lesson Erin, I have some of that double stick paper, never thought to stamp on it to use it over patterned paper before. I always use it to punch shapes (like flowers, or Christmas punches) and then glitter on top.