PDA

View Full Version : Stamp/Paper Festival Ft. Wayne

Robinkay
10-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Chris,Michelle(3darlings) & myself are going to the Fort Wayne Rubber Stamp & Paper Arts Festival this Saturday. Here is a list of some of the vendors...is there something we should be on the look out for? Anything "new" that we just have to have? :cute:

ANOTHER STAMP COMPANY ó ARCHIVERS ó BUGAWUMPS
CLOSE TO MY HEART ó COFFEE BREAK DESIGN ó DREAMERS DESIGN
EUREKA STAMPS ó GARY M BURLIN & COMPANY ó HERITAGE MAKERS
HOME STUDIO ó KT DESIGNS/ARTFUL STAMPER/SAVVY STAMPS ó LASTING IMPRESSIONS WITH PANACHE
MOON GLOW / LINDY’S STAMP GANG ó MARCO'S PAPER
POP-UPS BY PLANE CLASS ó PRETZEL CITY PAPER ó RUBBERNECKER
SAR (some assembly required) ó SPARKLE N SPRINKLE ó STAMP IMAGE STUDIO
STAMP ON IT/SWEET IMPRESSIONS STAMPS ó STAMP ZIA
STAMPLAND ó STAMPS N’ MORE ó STICKY SCRAP ó TESSLER STAMP/STENCIL COMPANY
THE STAMP LOFT ó TOP LINE CREATIONS ó VINTAGE CHARMINGS ó WILMA’S EGG ART

tesschap
10-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Do you have time to check out some of their websites and see if there are any new products they will be featuring or any promos they will have? I'm green with envy!

mdcash
10-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Stamp Zia! Zana does amazing work and uses lots of color! Very artistic and not my usual style of stamping but so, so beautiful. Zana taught a class last April at the retreat that I help to plan each year. She is a very nice woman.

If you do get a chance to see her, tell her Melissa from The Cat's Meow in Oakhurst says "hi"!

Savvy Stamps--great little images. Very similar in style to Memory Box and Paper Salon.

SAR (some assembly required) Amazingly intricate images. Some of the stamp sets are pricey and require lots of work, but the outcome is amazing.

Sparkle and Sprinkle-If I remember right from CHA last year, this company has a bazillion colors of embossing powder and fine glitters.

Moon Glow/Lindy's Stamp Gang.-We have looked at the Moon Glow sprays the last couple of years at CHA and they are beautiful mists/sprays of shimmer is several colors.

Well, a little more than .02 worth, but I hope it helps. Happy shopping!

ccstampin12
10-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Go to Sparkle and Sprinkle....I am thinking that is the one I bought these little squares that are sticky for pouring mini beads and glitter on. I cannot separate the protective covers from the squares....can you find out if there is some trick to this? LOL
(Now, I could be wrong about the name, and I don't want you asking questions that have nothing to do with their products, so look it over first so you don't feel silly!) Unless, of course, you WANT to feel silly. I mean, after all, it is a girls' trip out, and you'll be having a fun day, and all.

LOL
Now I'm silly!
Have a great day!
Joanie

ccstampin12
10-17-2007, 11:46 AM
OH, and Stampland.....We all bought their masking tapes and some beautiful stamps.
I, for one, cannot remember how she started her projects.....It's great to go and buy the stuff, but you have to play right away when you get back home so you remember.
LOL
(the voice of experience here!)
Joanie

ellie
10-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Have a great time! I saw some pins that stamp zia did and they were beautiful. It really isn't my style but her technique is amazing...I think she used shrink plastic.

iloveflipflops
10-17-2007, 12:07 PM
I love Savvy Stamps. Cute simple stamps :)

Christie
10-17-2007, 04:10 PM
WEll I'm not sure where you should go first but I lvoe the name Sparkle N Sprinkle!!

logcabincreations
10-17-2007, 06:23 PM
and I think the name Bugawumps is hilarious....so check that out to see why they are called that....lol

mcourtney
10-17-2007, 06:31 PM
Rubbernecker always has fun bins of unmounted rubber to dig through.

mahodgman
10-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Wow, I've never heard of a lot of these companies! I love Lindy's Stamp Gang demonstrations at shows! Lindy herself is usually doing the demo, and I love how she embosses charms and all kinds of stuff. Her Moonglow sprays are really cool too! Be sure to check out her unmounted rubber too, there are some really cute animal images and sayings.

spredbirds
10-17-2007, 11:27 PM
Robin-

If you go by the Tessler Stencil booth you will have to see if Awna is running it. Awna is a fellow Shackie (allinkedup) ... her work is amazing and she is regularly published in magazines. She has been helping out the owner and running her booth.

Sparkle and Spinkle does have great stuff and I love SAR (although pricey)

Most importantly HAVE FUN!!!

Robinkay
10-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Wow...I'm glad I asked you guys! I usually have to walk around the whole place at least 2x just to START figuring out what I want to get. Thank you to everyone!

Robinkay
10-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Here is a pic of 3 Darlings(Michelle) Chris(stinkydog) & myself Robinkay
today at the show. The other pic is of Michelle and her sweet son Alex. We had a good time and spent too much. Maybe later we can show you what we bought. I'm pooped! Gotta work tomorrow. :wacko: Here is a web site for some stamps called Bugawumps take a look...couldnt help but pick up a couple of these stamps.
http://www.bugawumps.com/samples.htm
More later...:cute:

mydogstinks2
10-20-2007, 07:40 PM
I forgot my camera but RobinKay and 3darlings had theirs. I bought a ton of stamps. There was a booth there that had unmounted stamps that for however many you could fit in the baggie they gave you it was $5.00!! I counted mine when I got home and I had 15 in there!! What a deal!! I bought a couple of cute weenie dog stamps too. Also found an adorable stamp line call buggawumps. Holy heck they are sooooooo cute!! Robin will have to give you the web-site. I don't remember it!

mydogstinks2
10-20-2007, 07:41 PM
LOL I just posted too!

cindi
10-20-2007, 07:45 PM
sounds like a great time!! I love the stamp deal!..cool.
I hope someone will post pics.
:)

Robinkay
10-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Here are the things I got today...doesnt seem like alot but it wa$!

cindi
10-20-2007, 08:10 PM
looks like some great new toys! thanks for the fun pics...I'm off to check out the stamps

ccstampin12
10-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Glad you had fun!
Joanie

3darlings
10-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Robin, you are so sweet! I love how you posed all your items....I will have to take a picture of my loot......$150 later.....I had to HIDE some from DH!!!

Christie
10-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the pictures!! Looks like you all had a good time. I clicked that link, i like that card with the toes peeking out of the sand! It made me laugh.

GrammaStamper
10-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Those Bugawumps are adorable! They would be great on cards for my grandsons.

cindi
10-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the pictures!! Looks like you all had a good time. I clicked that link, i like that card with the toes peeking out of the sand! It made me laugh.

that card cracked me up, too! hmm..I wondr if it's cause I'm tired & giddy & my feet hurt!

3darlings
10-20-2007, 08:18 PM
My $5.00 baggie had 13 unmounted stamps. I could have fit a few more little ones in it....I should have....but, I didn't want to look selfish! LOL

Spartymom
10-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Glad you had fun. Looks like you got a lot of good deals.

logcabincreations
10-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Remember when you asked on an earlier thread about which booths to stop at, and I said to stop by the bugawumps booth because I thought it was a funny name? Now I can't wait to see their website!!! Sounds like a fun time you had today and some great deals!!

ellie
10-20-2007, 11:34 PM
Chris, did you know that you can buy little flashing lights for the the bugawumps hiney?
I am glad you had a good time and got such a great bargain.

ccstampin12
10-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Glad you had fun and found some things to "need!"
Great looking stash!
Joanie