PDA

View Full Version : Tonii just called from the hospital.

Erin K
10-22-2007, 01:37 AM
Tonii just called me. (yes, at 1am) She is in the hospital. She had been having some stomache pains for a while but they got very bad last week (forgive me I forget the day) and she went to the hospital. They put her in emergency surgery, removed her gull bladder, which had some sort of stones and was leaking into a pancreas (unless that sounds all wrong, I might have this mixed up a bit, there were definately stones and a leak and the gull bladder is what's gone) She has not been doing well with the recovery, and has been in terrible pain.

Tonight (this morning? but then she's in CA, so yea... tonight) she finally felt up to making a phone call. She sounded pretty rough.

She is all worried about some huge swap she is in. I told her that's silly, but I did PM her hostess for her.

She said she is going to be fine, just painful recovery and some sort of foods she will have to cut, with the no gull bladder, they haven't been clear as to what kinds though, she's going to get that clarified tomorrow.

I'll keep you all updated as I get updates.

(oh and Tonii told me it was fine to share all this)

ellie
10-22-2007, 01:50 AM
Wow, the poor girl. Did she say how long they would keep her? I sure hope everything goes well. I wonder what this means for her lapband surgery?

teabear
10-22-2007, 01:53 AM
Thanks for letting us know, Erin. I'm saying prayers for her. It can be bad if she gets pancreatitis, which sounds like she was at risk for by your good description.

loobylou
10-22-2007, 03:44 AM
Oh no, poor Tonii. I will say a prayer and hope she bounces bac from her surgery really quickly.

Swanie78
10-22-2007, 04:32 AM
Oh wow! That doesnt sound good :(
Sending healing thoughts your way Tonii!! I hope youre feeling better soon :)

iloveflipflops
10-22-2007, 05:35 AM
Thanks for letting us know Erin. I hope she recovers quickly!!!

ccstampin12
10-22-2007, 07:41 AM
Oh, too bad! Glad she is recovering!
Too bad the lapband surgery couldn't have been done at the same time....but what do I know about medicine? I was good with band aids and that's about it!
MEND FAST, Tonii!
HUGS
Joanie

GrammaStamper
10-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Tonii, here's to a speedy recovery. Thanks for letting us know, Erin.

MidwestStamper
10-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Glad to hear she's feeling better! From what I've heard from others that have had trouble with their gall bladder, it can be pretty miserable!

threefriends91
10-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Toni, sorry to hear this and l will be praying for you to recover fast. thanks Erin for letting us know

Robinkay
10-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks Erin for letting us know. Next time you talk to her let her know we are all thinking of her. (((Toni))) Poor thing. I was wondering what this meant for her lapband also?

ChristyR
10-22-2007, 09:53 AM
thanks for letting us know Erin...sending her prayers for a speedy recovery and huggs :)

mdcash
10-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Oh, I have had a couple of friends with Gall Bladder problems in the last few months. Both had to have them removed. For one, the pain was so bad that she thought she was having a heart attack.

I will keep Tonii in my thoughts and prayers. Where in CA is she?

Sherry
10-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Hope you're feeling better soon, Tonii. We miss you!! Hurry back!

cindi
10-22-2007, 11:03 AM
thanks Erin for the update! I will pray she feels better real soon.
:)

hutchink
10-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Saying some prayers for Tonii right now!

TiikkiStars
10-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Hope Tonii feels better soon. Did she say if it was an open procedure or laproscopic? If it was open, that's quite a recovery. But, if it was laproscopic (sp), then she should recover fairly quickly. No lifting for a bit and initially, she needs to eat REALLy bland food, then she'll be able to work back to a normal diet. Its fatty foods that will give her a problem. Fat from foods would normally go to the gallbladder first for the bile to start breaking the fat down. But, with no gallbladder, that doesn't happen. The bile is still produced, but its more of a drip system now. So, eating a lot of fatty food can give you diarrea. Everybody reacts differently though as to how much fat they can eat. A lot of people also often will get a hang over more easily from an amount of alcohol that would not have given someone a hangover before surgery. Best remedy for that, is drinking lots of water while consuming alcohol. The severe pain she was in was most likely from gall stones escaping. They can get stuck in the pancreas, in the liver duct, and other places all requiring emergency surgery if they don't pass on on their own. That sounds like what happened. If she had a leak, then her gallbladder might have been overloaded with stones. Obviously, I'm just going off of what she told you. And I'm not trying to be a know it all, but in 2003, I went through something similar, so just trying to share information.

I hope Tonii heals quickly!!!!!!

:> Karen

Fief14
10-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Get Well soon Tonii! We miss you & wish you all the best for a speedy recovery!

scrappinnuts
10-22-2007, 02:55 PM
I just spoke with Tonii she will be getting out tomarrow...still having a lot of pain...I am going to see her on Tuesday.

Christie
10-22-2007, 03:33 PM
I"m sorry she is still in pain but glad she gets to go home. Hope she is on the mend! Send her hugs and kisses from everyone.

maxiesmom
10-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Oh gosh, thanks for letting us know. Poor Tonii. :(

ccstampin12
10-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Let's all send Tonii cards...her address is listed in her profile!
Joanie

mydogstinks2
10-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Thanks for letting us know. I hope she is feeling better soon