PDA

View Full Version : Deborah

ellie
10-23-2007, 12:41 AM
I was just wondering how Germain is doing?

Deborah
11-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Sorry, I didn't see this till just now.

She's "holding her own." She's just completed the first course of chemo and radiation, and needed to be hospitalized for about two-thirds of the time, because she was so ill. She has a feeding tube implanted in her stomach because the radiation burned her mouth and esophagus so much that she can't swallow. She's still in hospital, but hopes to be home by the end of this week. Then the wait. In one month, they'll do MRI's to see whether the treatment has had a positive effect on her head and neck tumours. If her oncologists aren't happy enough about the progress, surgery is an option, but not one Germaine is very happy about because of the potentially disfiguring effects, and also because she may lose her voice.

It would be wonderful if you could keep her in your thoughts and, for those of you who pray, in your prayers too.

Thanks so much for asking about her.

ellie
11-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Gosh, I just don't know what to say...this disease is so awful. I have a very close friend who lost his voice to cancer...it must be 25 years ago now. He went through the ordeal of having his esophagus burned...his throat also. He went down to 115 lbs....if you could see him now, you wouldn't believe it. There are people out there who do win this fight...we just have to keep holding her up. I will be praying...