PDA

View Full Version : I nearly killed my granddog Levi last night (kind of long story)

emmcee
10-24-2007, 08:54 AM
and it would not have been an accident. I guess labs stay puppies til they are about 3 or 4 years old and Levi is only 1 1/2 so he still has a lot to learn.

Anyway, when I got home last night and it was about 8:30, I noticed some peppermints on the living room floor, and then I saw one of my sour cream container wrappers on the floor. I had made a few just to see how they looked and they were filled with peppermints or hershey kisses. I had put them in a big pan and had put that pan on my desk. Well, I looked in my pan and not 1, not even 1, sour cream container was in that desk. I just could not fathom Levi tearing all those apart and eating the contents, so I had Laura call Bobby at his work to see if he ate them or took them to work with him. I knew that was far-fetched but I thought I'd give it a try. Oh no, Bobby didn't do that.

my story got posted before I finished. Anyway, about 1 a.m. Levi woke me up, panting and carrying on like some kind of a nut case. I knew he had a belly ache and all that caffeine in those kisses was driving him crazy. So we play fetch for about 45 minutes and then I rubbed his old belly for about 30 minutes. He finally calmed down. I know dogs aren't supposed to have chocolate, and he had eaten almost a whole bag of kisses.

He's OK this morning, told him he'd better behave today or he would get a spanking for sure.

tesschap
10-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Oh no! We have a chocolate lab who will be three in November and he is still a 'puppy'! Even though he's not supposed to have chocolate he always seems to find a way to get his paws on it! I hope that Levi behaves today for you!

threefriends91
10-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Michelle, l'm so glad that Levi is o.k. and pray he behaves today. ty's a good thing you picked up on what was going on and played with him to burn off all that caffeine. my HB and l are going to get a dog when we move so l learned something new today thanks for the heads-up

Christie
10-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Well at least you know they are popular! LOL!! I hope he is a good boy today.

My3Ds
10-24-2007, 09:41 AM
make sure he drinks a lot of water. Hope he feels better soon.

patg
10-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Oh my Michelle! That is funny (sort of). I have lab/sharpei mix dog who likes to get into things like this - it is not uncommon. I'm glad to hear that Levi is doing ok though.

Pat

ellie
10-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Michelle, I know it's not funny but I have to admit I am snickering. Imagine how happy he was when he found those! As the mommy of a 3yr old choc. lab....I have to say I can relate. Someone told me that labs are puppies until they leave the earth!