PDA

View Full Version : Since it's almost Halloween -

My3Ds
10-24-2007, 05:12 PM
tell us what your favorite costume was when you were a kid. I dressed up as Cher one year. I had really long hair. I remember my mom wanted to cut a diamond shape hole in the dress so you could see my belly button and I wouldn't let her. So what was your fave?

ccstampin12
10-24-2007, 05:16 PM
My Mom made me a costume that was a nurse. She made me a white apron with pockets, a nurse's cap with a red cross, and a dark blue cape...kinda Florence Nightengale style I guess. I had a little doctor kit that I carried with me. I won a prize at the school parade! How fun was that???
Joanie

ccstampin12
10-24-2007, 05:22 PM
You didn't ask, but I was also into dressing up as an adult. I taught 4th grade, so we teachers all dressed up too.
I made a pink flannel bunny costume. It was so funny....complete with a white yarn pom pom tail. When my kids were in HS, the band director borrowed it and one of the boys in the band wore it while he was beating the bass drum.....like the Energizer Bunny! Lots of laughs, as he interrupted an actual concert doing this.
Then there was the year that the principal proclaimed a THEME for everyone's costume. It was CIRCUS. So I went as the Big Top. Huge golf umbrella.....piece of fabric pinned to the edges. I put a bunch of "circusy" signs around the "tent" and a 3-cornered flag at the top of the umbrella. For the parade, I had to pin a flap open so I could see where I was going. Everyone was glad someone brought the Big Top to our Circus Parade!
LOL
Joanie

My3Ds
10-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Joanie - the big top sounds awesome. tfs

Spartymom
10-24-2007, 06:10 PM
As a kid, my mom had three stepkids plus my brother and I. A total of 5. She made us look like martians! green faces, antennas, and we used green stockings for something. And tin foil. My mom was very crafty. We won 1st prize in the costume contest. As a adult, I've dressed as a bag of jelly beans (bag with balloons in it. YOu are in the bag from legs to arms, marge simpson, and Dorothy from Wizard of Oz. Lots of fun. The jelly bean bag was hard, b/c when you have to go to the bathroom.