PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a Scor-Pal?

directmailscrapper
10-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Do I need one? I read about it in Craft Critique and now I think I need one. Opinions please? If I decide that I "need" one, I'm putting it on my Christmas list...

iloveflipflops
10-26-2007, 03:06 PM
I have been asking this same burning question myself. DH saw my bone folder the other day and he said what the heck do you need that for to fold your paper when you can use your hands?! So there is no way I am telling him about the scor-pal. LOL

hutchink
10-26-2007, 03:18 PM
I just ordered mine for a place in Canada...since they are out of them here until Nov. 16th! I think this is a must have item!

It was shipped today so I will let you know when it gets here if I still feel the same way!

Erin K
10-26-2007, 04:03 PM
what's a score pal? do I need one too?

JBgreendawn
10-26-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm thinking about it...
I don't always get perfect scores using my hands and my bone folder, plus i have the idea you can do cool looking things with it...

but, right at the moment i think my next big thing will be a much better paper cutter then i have been buying... the portable scrapper ones seem to only last me a year before they start cutting crooked.

Erin K
10-26-2007, 04:19 PM
stacy I still like my dahle one that Sherry told us to buy. And Making Memories makes the almost same one, only it has a wider base so you can measure longer cuts.

Jailbirdstamper
10-26-2007, 04:51 PM
no but I want one - it *is* on my xmas list!

Patty
10-26-2007, 05:07 PM
at Archiver's at MOA, and I must admit it makes a very rofessional crease. As I am writing this it just occurred to me why didn't I ever use the scoring blade on my paper cutter? Wouldn't that be the same thing???:worried:patty

Spartymom
10-26-2007, 05:07 PM
I use my fiskers paper cutter to score my cards. My cutter is 7 years old. But what is a scor pal. If it's easier, handy, the 'in' thing, then I should get it too.

tesschap
10-26-2007, 05:15 PM
I've heard about the scor pal but haven't 'seen it in action'! I am terrible about folds and scores, etc. so it may be a good tool for me. I'll have to snoop around and see if I can find more information. What other things can you do with it besides score and fold?

GrammaStamper
10-26-2007, 05:57 PM
A Scor-Pal is a must. Scrappin' Great Deals says they have them in stock right now:

http://www.scrappingreatdeals.com/Scor%20Pal.htm

If you want to see them, this is the manufacturer's site. She is Diana Crick from Calgary, I think:

http://www.scor-pal.com/

I love mine and wouldn't be without it now. I use it every single time, without fail.

beecreative
10-26-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm thinking about adding it to my Christmas list. Not sure if its truely an needed item or just something cool to have.

The claim to fame with the Scor Pal is that you can make multiple scores on a piece of paper without having to move it around. This is where must of my goofs come from. If you'd like to see a Scor Pal (http://www.scor-pal.com/)follow the link.

maxiesmom
10-26-2007, 07:44 PM
I think I need one too. I used to want the Scor-It, but this is a bit cheaper(I think) and has places for multiple grooves so you can score without having to move your paper. Saw this on SCS just yesterday as I was researching it.
I can never get a good score with my Fiskars, out of 16 cards I had to re-fold all but I think 2! I line it up and it never works out for me! Plus I still have birthday money all these months later!

Cinnistew
10-26-2007, 10:41 PM
I didn't even know I needed one... until now!

Far North
10-27-2007, 11:09 AM
I think the scor-it and scor-pal & similiar products are great tools. It is a matter of how you are going to use it. Scor-it has the scoring bar in the center of the base and a zero center ruler across the top...allowing for full flexibility in designing a project. The score-pal has multiple bars of scoring. The large platform is great for creating paper projects larger than a card. Like all of our tools it's use it somewhat defined by our ability to easily access it...if you have room for this on a counter surface all the better.

Here is a link to a video tutorial on Craft TV Weekly (http://www.crafttvweekly.com/player.html?wid=70) using Scor-it in a paper project. Scor-pal has a video on it's site. Both have some gallery project ideas. Happy research and dreaming!

Darleneh710
10-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Of course..I had to check this out..but have decided I dont need this tool:)

patg
10-28-2007, 01:19 AM
I'm not sure if I need it, but I have heard that when making boxes, it scores fairly accurately. May have to check it out.
Pat

threefriends91
10-28-2007, 04:04 AM
l have been looking at this for sometime now, but have not seen anyone who has one. l think l'll wait to see if l need it