PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Poll....

My3Ds
10-27-2007, 07:07 PM
I feel like a thread hog tonight, but I was watching Psycho earlier and was wondering what your favorite scary movie is. I do't know if I have a fave, but the original Psycho is pretty good. I think The Exorcist is my all time scariest. How about you whats your fave (or least fave)?

cindi
10-27-2007, 07:18 PM
I have never been into horror, and I try to avoid them! I did see invasion of the body snatchers when I was a teenager..thats the last one I've seen, lol
:)

ccstampin12
10-27-2007, 07:23 PM
I can't watch them either....I get too terrified...which means they are doing their job, but I just cannot!!!
I did watch a few way in the past, and probably would have to say "The Exorcist" or "Rosemary's Baby" would be the WORST ones I saw.
Funny story....DH and I were watching an (in my opinion) awful movie...just terrifying! I watched and felt more and more scared as the moments went on. Just about to the end, I made him turn it off because it was too awful! To this day, we never talked to anyone who knows how it ended! DH never let me forget that one! LOL
Joanie

directmailscrapper
10-27-2007, 08:34 PM
I do NOT like horror movies -- but I will never forget watching The Exorcist when I was in college. I read the book (it was all the rage back then and I wanted to know what was going on) so I figured I could handle the movie. NOT! I had to leave the theatre. I had nightmares for years afterwards. I think that movie was particularly scary for a Christian, because it had so many biblical references.

Spartymom
10-27-2007, 08:58 PM
I never saw the Exorcist. I think just had snip its of it from the entertainment shows! I like Friday the 13th (the first one), and Freddy Kruger. That's about it. I love Twilight Zone! I use to watch that alot as a teenager.

loobylou
10-27-2007, 09:03 PM
nope, I don't do scary movies.
As a teenager I went to see Poltergeist with a group of friends, and to this day i do not like clown toys
I couldn't even stay in the chat room when they were telling ghost stories.
LOL I know I'm a wuss.

MyRnAbS
10-27-2007, 09:07 PM
I have many many many! But let me tell you that the oldies are my favorites, those such as night gallery and twilight zone. I am a scary movie freak! Ask Mary jayne! So this is basically my favorite thread in the whole wide world! ;) BTW, pshyco and excorsict (sp) are awesome. I want to go see 30 days of night (is that the name of it?) Let's see, but my personal favorite, hummmmm I don't know I think I like the house on haunted hill tons, because it's about a haunted house, duh! But I also love silent hill. I dunno I have many I don't qualify for this thread, I'm what some would call a professional :shocked: :lol:

Firecracker
10-27-2007, 09:52 PM
I love scary movies! I haven't seen the exorcist. I loved the first Friday the 13th, Freddy Kruger, Happy Birthday to me. In high school, my friends and I would watch them! Hugs, Heather

smileycollector
10-27-2007, 09:56 PM
I don't do scary movies either! I'm in the "wuss gang". :)

emmcee
10-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Here's another "wussie". I can't do scary movies. When we got our 1st VCR years ago, some friends would come over every Saturday night to watch movies. THey always wanted scary stuff. I'd sit in the kitchen and cross-stitch while they watched their scary movies. I'd always get a comedy and then I'd make them watch my comedy after their scary movie. LOL!

cindi
10-27-2007, 10:08 PM
when I was about 10 I saw Stephen Kings the shining!!!
geez..no wonder I can't watch that stuf..he scared the begeebers out of me!!
which is really funny since I know what a great guy he is...and all the good works he does..but to this day I can see that apparitian scratching on the window!!!
YIKES!
:)

workin4stamps
10-27-2007, 10:19 PM
This isn't really your typical "gorey" scary movie, or anything like that....but the one movie that scared the living daylights out of me, to the point of having to lock my doors and windows, etc, is "What Lies Beneath". That one really creeped me out!!! I don't ever recall watching any other flicks where I was so scared I had to close up my house on a hot summer night! LOL

Traci

mcourtney
10-27-2007, 11:13 PM
The only movie that ever scared the beeswax out of me was "The Horror of the Beach Party" back in the early 60's. For a long time after watching that movie I would lock all the windows and doors at night and check under my bed before going to sleep. It was my job to take out the garbage every night and I remember racing as fast as I could to the garbage can and back into the house at a dead run. We lived in Kansas back then and there was an old pond near the house and I was sure those creatures lived in there. I was about 10 years old back then and I can still remember the fear to this day. That was 40 years ago.

MidwestStamper
10-27-2007, 11:24 PM
I love Action/Adventure movies and Sci-Fi movies but I just can't do Horror ones. I don't like feeling scared by a movie--but I know many do like them!

patg
10-28-2007, 01:04 AM
I love scary movies! Don't know why as they give me nightmares. I can't say what my fave is, but I do know the first Chuckie movie scared me!
Pat

threefriends91
10-28-2007, 05:19 AM
l hate horror movies, when the Exorcist first came out over 30 years ago (given my age away again Ha Ha ) l went had nightmares for a long time after that. l used to watch the Twilight Zone all the time. now l run from them all LOL

tesschap
10-28-2007, 07:22 AM
I don't watch scary movies so I can't pick a favorite! I am such a baby when it comes to that stuff!

TiikkiStars
10-28-2007, 03:15 PM
I don't like horror movies in general and haven't seen many of them. Although, thanks to DH, I've seen The Excorist. But, last night on lifetime there was a movie, Hush Little Baby...I think it was called that.....and I'm still freaked out!!!!!!!!!
:> Karen

scrappinnuts
10-28-2007, 03:39 PM
I don't like gorey scary...but I do love the suspenceful (SP) ones....I like Sixth since and Stir of Echos...the shinning also.

My3Ds
10-28-2007, 06:30 PM
I used to like the horror movies when I was younger. Can't watch any of the new ones, but the old black and whites are almost funny.

Trapedinga
10-29-2007, 08:25 AM
When I was younger I loved scary movies, lived for them. Now so many of them have to much guts and gore. I like the ones that make you wonder "could this really happen?" My all time favorite is The Birds. Every time I see a flock of crows gathering I get creeped out. While I was watching it way back when, we had a solarium (sp), which birds had a tendency to fly into the windows because they saw the reflection of the trees, and right in the middle of the movie one hit the window. scared me to death. Needless to say I didn't watch movies out there for a long time.

Erin K
10-29-2007, 09:47 AM
I don't like them either!

But I LOVE Nightmare Before Christmas! :)

mjbonoan
10-29-2007, 10:56 AM
I've watched so many scary movies with Myrna and then after I got married, we watched them all the time. Now, I wouldn't watched them if they paid me, I'm too chicken and then to top it off I have to sleep by myself most of the time since DH workds "GRAVEYARD" shift!!!

The last one I saw was Skeleton Key and now I'm afraid of mirrors at night!!!

My3Ds
10-29-2007, 12:09 PM
make Myrna come stay with you. :)

MyRnAbS
10-29-2007, 12:39 PM
hahahaha! u guys are super funny. the thing is mary jayne will probably scare me half to death if she was to scream ;)

Kreative Dryve
10-30-2007, 05:18 PM
I love Halloween, and scary movies, but I have to admit it takes a lot more than some stupid goblin in a movie to scare me now.
I did love them more when I was younger, and I remember not being able to sleep after seeing "Nightmare on Elm Street". Now I laugh at myself for being so scared about the stupidity of it.

I am hoping that the movie i see tomorrow with the kids will scare me enough that I have to sleep in thier bed. :wacko:

Halloween, the movie, was also a good one, or Texas Chain Saw.
Somebody can PM with a good ghost story, see if you can get my hair to rise.

~MJ

MyRnAbS
10-30-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm just adding this note to let you all know that right now, I'm watching the reaping, and it's AWESOME ;)

My3Ds
10-30-2007, 07:06 PM
In my old age of 40 all I can handle now is Charlie Brown tonight at 8:00. One of my all time faves. It's not Halloween without a little Great Pumpkin.

maxiesmom
10-30-2007, 07:39 PM
In my old age of 40 all I can handle now is Charlie Brown tonight at 8:00. One of my all time faves. It's not Halloween without a little Great Pumpkin.

I can't believe they are actually running this the night before Halloween! It seems that they always run the holiday specials way too early! What a nice treat. I agree, any holiday is better with a little Charlie Brown. The CB Christmas is my fave!!

And I think this whole thread has been a hoot that most of us don't like scary movies at all and don't have a favorite one! Put me in the wuss category too!

Christie
10-30-2007, 07:46 PM
OOOOo, I love, love, love scary movies!! I just watched halloween 2 last night. I like lots of scary movies. I remember when The Blair Witch Project came out, it scared me and I loved it!! II have a lot of favs. Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Friday the 13th, etc.....

irishchristine
10-30-2007, 07:48 PM
I can not watch! to scary for me!!