PDA

View Full Version : The Shack Newsletter

Sherry
10-29-2007, 08:27 AM
I would love to have your feedback regarding the Stamp Shack newsletter so if you could take the time to answer the following questions, it would be much appreciated.

1. Do you read the newsletter that is released every month?

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time?

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place?

4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better?

5. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see added to the newsletter?

6. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see removed from the newsletter?

5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all?

Thanks!!
Sherry

loobylou
10-29-2007, 08:34 AM
1. Yes I read the newsletter every month
2. I think it is an extra thing to connect us all as a group- and that is beneficial
3.I preferred the printable format, and liked getting it via email
4. I enjoy the newsletter, and appreciate that a lot of work goes into it every month by our volunteer journalists.
5. if you were to add a new section, I'd be interested in you showcasing some cool computer fonts that are available free online, I use computer generated sentiments on both the inside and outside of my cards.
6. no, i enjoy itall
7. Please don't take it away!
Thanks

tesschap
10-29-2007, 08:54 AM
I would love to have your feedback regarding the Stamp Shack newsletter so if you could take the time to answer the following questions, it would be much appreciated.

1. Yes, I read the newsletter every month and often refer back to it several times.

2. I think that it's a benefit.

3. I prefer to receive the newsletter in an email. It's much easier for me to print and read at my leisure.

4. I can't think of anything specific. Hey - it's Monday :)

5. I'd like to see a section highlighting a stamp manufacturer, some favorite LSS's or online stores each month. I'd be happy to take on this task :) I think this could broaden the Shack's exposure. I like Sarah's font idea too.

6. Nope

5. NO WAY!

My3Ds
10-29-2007, 09:02 AM
1. Do you read the newsletter that is released every month? Yes I do

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? I think it's a nice benefit

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place? I liked the old format better. It was more like a newsletter than different sections to click on.

4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better? Hmm...can't think of any.

6. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see removed from the newsletter?

5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all? I personally like it. It's like other areas - if it doesn't interest me, I don't look.

Trapedinga
10-29-2007, 09:43 AM
1. Do you read the newsletter that is released every month? I check it out as soon as it's available.
2.Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? I think it sets The Shack apart from other sites.

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place? I really like the old format so that I could print it off and save it so that I could refer back later.
4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better? Not a thing. I think everyone has worked so hard to make this a great newsletter and as time goes by it gets better and better. All things evolve over time.
5. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see added to the newsletter?The font thing would be a nice addition.
6. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see removed from the newsletter? NOPE

5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all? Are you crazy? :)

Jovi
10-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Yes

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time?
I consider it a benefit.

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place?
Old Format through email

It think all the newsletter journalists are doing an outstanding job.

I would like to see more headline articles about stamping, latest trends, new companies... etc!

No

toao
10-29-2007, 10:11 AM
1. Do you read the newsletter that is released every month? Yes

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? Benefit

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place? Either. I liked printing it out and reading it when I got the time, but I can still do that in this format too.

4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better? I think it's great and is evolving each month.

5. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see added to the newsletter? d/k

6. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see removed from the newsletter? no

7. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all? No way, I like it.

kimmyqtgirl
10-29-2007, 10:24 AM
1. Yes I do!

2. Benefit! I think it always has some helpful information and fun trivia!

3. Either is fine for me!

4. I also think it gets better every month.

5. I think it would be nice to show new companies or have someone put a local store review or something like that. It's nice to hear what other areas have there incase you ever go for a visit.

6. Not that I can think of I enjoy it all!

7. No KEEP IT! I really enjoy it!

cindi
10-29-2007, 10:30 AM
. Do you read the newsletter that is released every month? yes

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? I think it's a benefit

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place? I liked the pdf file better..it seemed easier to read for me

everyone has done a+ work
5. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see added to the newsletter? I like Sarahs idea of fonts

6. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see removed from the newsletter? not that I can think of

no, I like the newsletter
Hope that helps some,
:)

Spartymom
10-29-2007, 11:08 AM
1,.Do you read the newsletter that is released every month? Yes, I do

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? It's a benefit-- as you introduce new (to me) techniques, how to's and share members stories.

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place? The new format works for me. If I need to print it out, I will.

4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better? Nothing I can think of

I can't think of anything
Can't think of anything.
5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all? I like to read it and try the card techniques.

sentiments pat
10-29-2007, 11:52 AM
1. Do you read the newsletter that is released every month? Yes!

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? Tremendous benefit!

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place? Old fashioned girl - prefer the email/PDF printable format.

4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better? I like all the ideas so far. Any kind of innovative "spotlight" articles would be fun. New products, companies, stores, techniques, books, shows, seasonal gifts, etc.

5. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see added to the newsletter? New products. I'd be happy to head this up, if you need another writer.

6. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see removed from the newsletter? No, it should have something for everybody.

5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all? That would be a NO!

directmailscrapper
10-29-2007, 12:23 PM
1. Do you read the newsletter that is released every month? Absolutely -- I look forward to it!

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? An absolute benefit

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place? Old school -- I prefer the more traditional format -- one that I can print out.

4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better? Maybe include more personal profiles -- I love those!

5. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see added to the newsletter? What about a section on ink? I feel like an idiot when choosing an ink. And there are so many different types of ink on the market these days -- I'd love to know why I need them? :-_

6. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see removed from the newsletter? Nope

5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all? No -- I love the newsletter! And I'm always so impressed by the wonderful writing skills of my fellow Shackies! There is a lot of talent here!

GrammaStamper
10-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Here are my answers.

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? Definitely a benefit.

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place? I like the .pdf 'cause I like to print it out.

4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better? Nothing comes to mind just now.

5. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see added to the newsletter? I like the idea of free computer fonts.

6. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see removed from the newsletter? Keep the topics we currently have.

5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all? I would miss the newsletter if it disappeared.

firefly
10-29-2007, 12:37 PM
1. Do you read the newsletter that is released every month? YES!

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? I enjoy it alot!

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place? Electronic is much easier - let's save some trees

4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better? Can't think of a thing

5. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see added to the newsletter? Please don't remove the Stamp space section - I love to see others' studios

6. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see removed from the newsletter? no

5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all? No no no!

Christie
10-29-2007, 12:38 PM

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? I think it's beneficial

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place?I like the old email format better.

4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better?Not that I can think of.

6. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see removed from the newsletter? Nope

5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all? No.

jazzypurple853
10-29-2007, 12:39 PM

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? No, I love everything about it

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place? It doesn't matter to me as long as I can read it.

4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better? maybe when someone makes a design team, you do a spotlight on that person.

5. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see added to the newsletter? maybe a particular paper craft product that someone would recommend example ink, paper etc.

5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all?no, I find it a great reference tool.

emmcee
10-29-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm on the newsletter staff so maybe my answers won't count much but here's what I think anyway:

1. Do you read the newsletter that is released every month? Yes I do!

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? An absolute benefit.

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place? I like the pdf/email; however, I do look at it a lot here at work so I like the electronic format as well.

4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better? Someone had a comment about doing a spotlight on folks who make a design team, that would be nice.

5. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see added to the newsletter? I can't think of anything right now.

6. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see removed from the newsletter? No.

5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all? Not at all.
I think the newsletter gives the Shack a more elite presence in the world of stamping and internet communication.

threefriends91
10-29-2007, 01:43 PM
1- Yes l look forward to reading it each month.
2- Oh yes a big benefit, l think it helps to pull us together, l have learned lots and need to learn more
3-l would like to beable to print it off and read it on my down time.
4-No l can't think of anything
5-more how too for starters, how to put your cards in, your picture photo in,step by step. okay l'm just learning Ha Ha
6-no can't think of any
7-No please don't take it away l love it all

Inkisallover
10-29-2007, 02:27 PM
1. Do you read the newsletter that is released every month? yes

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? Benefit

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place? I liked the old format better, but the new format is okay.

4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better? Not that I can think of.

5. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see added to the newsletter? Not that I can think of.

6. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see removed from the newsletter? No

5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all? I love the newsletter! Please don't get rid of it!

ccstampin12
10-29-2007, 05:34 PM

1. Do you read the newsletter that is released every month?Yes, I read it every month!

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? I do think the newsletter is a very big benefit to the Stamp Shack. I refer back to it!

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place?I do like the electronic format, but I think I prefer to print mine out. Can it be presented both ways?

I really enjoy it...everyone works so hard on it.

That's a hard one....I can't think of anything to add.

6. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see removed from the newsletter?No, it's all good!

5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all? NO!!! I want my newsletter!
:laugh:

Thanks!!
Sherry

I hope this posts as is, as I needed more words in my message.
Joanie

Canadian, eh
10-29-2007, 06:20 PM

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? Added bonus, but not one that will "attract" new members.

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place? Yes, I love the new format.

4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better? I wish it could even be longer--don't yell so hard--LOL.

5. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see added to the newsletter? I loved the "summer recap." That was such a fun read. It is so different from what I have ever seen before, and loved it.

6. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see removed from the newsletter? Puzzles because I never do them.

5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all? I really would hate to see the newsletter go because I do love it so much.

patcreates
10-29-2007, 06:43 PM

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? I think its a benefit. It has lots of useful info.

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place? I prefer the PDF format. Like others have said...its great to be able to print off.

4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better? Nothing I can think of.

5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all? I like the newsletter. Definitely keep it.

maxiesmom
10-29-2007, 07:23 PM
So is this why I haven't gotten it in my inbox? I am such a dullard sometimes. I knew it was time for the newsletter and thought I had accidentally delted it, but knew that I wouldn't have!
Otherwise, the concensus seems to be we all like the newsletter. Kimmy's ideas of showcasing new companies and Sarah's of fonts are both great ideas. Although, seriously like we need further enabling! :)

mom_on_line
10-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Yes!
Heck no!
I have to admit I do like it in PDF format, as then I can read everything at one time instead of click, click, click. It's not so much being lazy or anything, but I get distracted from this and that so much I would lose my place otherwise.
I like the idea of new stores that was mentioned. I already have quite a few fonts so that's not my priority (although I do like to collect them! and alphas). Otherwise, I like the newsletter as it is!
I love the tuts and can't really think of anything else to add to it.
Nope!
What?????????????????????????

iloveflipflops
10-29-2007, 09:08 PM
1. Do you read the newsletter that is released every month? Yes each and every month!
2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? Its a benefit.
3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place? Either way is fine with me.
4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better? I think its great
Not that I can think of at the moment.
Nope!
5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all? What we would do then?

spredbirds
10-30-2007, 07:42 AM
1. Yes ... I look forward to it

2. Benefit .... I love learning new things and things about other stampers

3. I like the PDF/email better if I had to choose

4. I like it how it is

5. Again I like it how it is

6. I read every section and love them all

5. I would be sad if the newsletter was taken away!

ellie
10-30-2007, 09:26 AM

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? I do think it's a benefit...I enjoy reading all the articles and especially like reading about fellow shackies and their spaces.

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place? I am not a fan of PDF files

4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better? I am HAPPY!

5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all? I enjoy the newsletter and I think you girls do a great job on each section. I appreciate all the time and effort it takes to do this. You are all awesome!

inkinupstamps
10-30-2007, 11:55 AM
1. Do you read the newsletter that is released every month? Yes!

2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time?It is a really nice feature for the stamp shack members to share with one another.

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place?I prefer the PDF format and found it much easier to read as a Newsletter than the electronic format. The PDF makes it nice to be able to print it and read it through as an actual newsletter as well as keep them in a notebook for future references at a quick glance without having to go online.

4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better?JMO, but I didn't find the electronic version an improvement so I would have to say going back to the PDF would be an improvement.

5. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see added to the newsletter? Can't think of anything.

6. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see removed from the newsletter?The games aren't especially of interest to me, but if they appeal to most people then I'd not remove them. I can skip those.

5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all?The newsletter is a unique feature of the stamp shack message board. I see no reason to delete it.

Jarie
10-31-2007, 04:00 PM

3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place? PDF works better for me.

4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better? I can't think of anything.

5. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see added to the newsletter? I can't think of anything

6. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see removed from the newsletter?I can't think of anything.

5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all? Keep the newsletter.

Janet

Patty
11-01-2007, 05:22 PM
I was reading it when it was in email format--I like to print it and take it to bed and read it then--

shuggy
11-01-2007, 05:59 PM
1. Do you read the newsletter that is released every month? yes
2. Do you think the newsletter is a benefit to The Stamp Shack website or do you consider it a waste of time? i think it's a benefit
3. Do you like the new electronic format or would you prefer to see the old PDF/Email format back in place? i prefered the old version better, i liked printing it out
4. Is there something we can improve on to make the newsletter better? i love it
5. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see added to the newsletter? nope
6. Is there a section/topic that you would like to see removed from the newsletter? nope
5. Would you prefer that there was no newsletter at all? no way!