PDA

View Full Version : Who has done some or all of their Christmas shopping online?

iloveflipflops
11-24-2006, 05:39 PM
I did some today. I have been looking for these Beanpod candles and the scent is Grandma's Kitchen. LOVE IT!! Anyway, they are soy candles and smell so good. I had used my last one up so I wanted another one plus I wanted 2 for friend for Christmas. I thought "hey I will look online" and there they were. So I ordered 3, free shipping :). I am so excited!!!

stampcrazyjulie
11-24-2006, 05:56 PM
I ordered some Toys from Target.com I love to shop online, but I really hate to pay the extra shipping charges...but hey if it's free, then why not, right? I have never smelled Soy Candles before! Do they smell better then other scented candles Like Salt City or Yankee Candles?

lost luggage
11-24-2006, 07:08 PM
I pretty much do all of my shopping online. There are so many free shipping and discount offers that come in, it's totally worth it for me. :)

I don't think it's the smell of the soy candles, I think it's just that they burn cleaner than a regular candle. Whatever that means. lol I'll burn anything!

iloveflipflops
11-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Soy candles have no soot. They are my fave next to Yankee Candles. They just smell up my whole house and I love candles in the winter!!

tojoco
11-24-2006, 10:54 PM
A little info on soy candles. ALL candles produce soot! Soot does not have to be black; there is also white soot that you cannot see. A soy candle is no longer "natural" once you add fragrance oil or color dyes. The more fragrance oil used, the more soot produced whether you see it or not.:cute: Also, using too large of a wick can produce soot. You are suppose to trim your wick to 1/4" at least every 2-3 hours to help prevent soot from forming. Soy candles are not allergy-free. I know quite a few people who break out in hives just by standing near a soy candle.:cry2:

There is a product on the market now called an "illumalid" that you put on the top of paraffin jar candles. This illumalid is not only decorative but its function is to give you a clean burn as well as reduce the amount of soot formed. This special lid will also prevent "tunneling" down the center of the candle to assure that all the wax in the jar is melted, thereby getting the most for your money. Remember you get what you pay for. Most inexpensive candles have fragrance oil only at the top of the candle so once you burn passed the oil there is no more smell.:chatterbox:

I know no one asked but I thought I would share my wealth of candle knowledge.

And in answer to the question posted, I buy quite a lot of items over the internet including ebay.:wub:

inkinupstamps
11-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Really! :nod: You should teach a class on it! Or go out and demonstrate to groups and sell for YC! :cute: That is really interesting stuff!

So how was your day at work? Did you sell lots and lots and lots and lots of candles?:wideeyed: :nod:

jdpisces
11-24-2006, 10:59 PM
I bought some luggage online at e-bay today for my SIL and a toy on Amazon for my nephew. So far...that's all I've been able to get online.

I've had to buy some things in the stores because they are clothes and I would feel bad buying them online if someone had to return them.

I need to get a couple more things and hope to be able to get them online. Who knows though.....
:D

Julie

Caboverde1
11-25-2006, 12:47 AM
of my shopping online...but I do plan to venture out into the wild blue yonder for some things!
TOnii