PDA

View Full Version : guess who just bought an ATG gun

Erin K
11-01-2007, 03:24 PM
What's the G in ATG? Is it Gun, if so I shouldn't call it an ATG gun...

Anyhow I ordered one and 5 rolls of the "gold" crap for it. :)

GrammaStamper
11-01-2007, 03:30 PM
How did you know? I just came back from my LSS and loaded it up. Oh, sorry, you mean you bought one, too. What a coincidence showing yet again that great minds think alike!

Erin K
11-01-2007, 03:32 PM
I bought mine online. I gotta wait heaven only knows how long.

and I'm almost totally out of other stuff.

GrammaStamper
11-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Here's a link to the video on how to load it. You may have it already, if not, I'd recommend it. The paper instructions suck. This video is great. Just click on the picture and a box will pop up. I saved it and then viewed it 'cause I know I'll need it next time.

http://www.framingsupplies.com/3M/3MATGTape.htm

GrammaStamper
11-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Did you get it from www.framingsupplies.com (http://www.framingsupplies.com) I see they have the least expensive prices?

Erin K
11-01-2007, 03:37 PM
I just watched that video, that's where I bought the stuff from

Erin K
11-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Did you get it from www.framingsupplies.com (http://www.framingsupplies.com) I see they have the least expensive prices?

haha! We must be sharing a brain! I JUST typed that I got it from them.

It was less than half the price of the tape refills at my LSS. I don't feel too bad, I buy TONS of stuff at my LSS already. :)

ngreek
11-01-2007, 03:38 PM
I love mine... also the tape... sticks to anything. My Step daughter's number on her basketball uniform was falling off I used it (quick repair at the last minute) and it kept the number on. Also I ahd a friend who used it with her molding for her hosue.

I love mine. One of the ebst craft investments I made.... Just had to keep it from the husband.
NIcole

Erin K
11-01-2007, 03:39 PM
I got the "gold" adhesive,it was only a bit more. that's the best right? usually "gold" is better...

GrammaStamper
11-01-2007, 03:40 PM
haha! We must be sharing a brain! I JUST typed that I got it from them.

It was less than half the price of the tape refills at my LSS. I don't feel too bad, I buy TONS of stuff at my LSS already. :)

I paid top dollar because I felt the need to support my LSS. I make most purchases online, and she was the one who let me use hers to try it out, so I really felt obligated. But, from now on, the tape refills are coming from framingsupplies.com

GrammaStamper
11-01-2007, 03:41 PM
I got the "gold" adhesive,it was only a bit more. that's the best right? usually "gold" is better...

I bought the white, after trying the clear and the white. White sticks better than clear, but I don't know about the gold. Let me know, will ya.

Erin K
11-01-2007, 03:49 PM
I paid top dollar because I felt the need to support my LSS. I make most purchases online, and she was the one who let me use hers to try it out, so I really felt obligated. But, from now on, the tape refills are coming from framingsupplies.com

I tried to pay top dollar yesterday but they were out. I'm almost totally out of stuff so I had to get it. No waiting.

I got the special red on that is for 1/4 tape. Also it's red, which I like. Someone online said they got a PINK one! WOWZERS

BeckyButtshaw
11-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Oooh-you're going to love it! Esp. if you're right handed-I'm a lefty and it took me a little while to get the hang of it. Also, the gold is good for scrapbooking, it think it's the archival safe one (someone let me know if I'm wrong) it smells a little funny, but works good. Have fun. Oh, I got mine from the same place and they ship pretty quick-it's funny, it won't come in a box, but rather a big package of bubble wrap. :)

shuggy
11-01-2007, 06:07 PM
it's like when people call it an ATM machine. or an ER room.

hope you love it.

TiikkiStars
11-01-2007, 06:21 PM
I think you'll love it! I am so happy with mine. I do a buy in with other scrap gals here, so we get the bulk price and share the shipping, which makes it like a penny a foot or something really cheap. I also get the gold acid free since I use it for scrapping. But, now I don't have to switch adhesives when I'm doing something that doesn't need to be AF and since its so cheap, I don't feel guilty about using it! LOVE LOVE LOVE mine!

Also, if you want it to be pink, there are lots of people who are altering theirs. I've seen picks on peoples blogs and on either scs or 2peas...maybe both. I've kept mine red so that I can EASILY find it!! (You'd think something that big wouldn't get lost on my table, but I can amaze even myself when it comes to what a mess I can make!! lol)

:> Karen

JBgreendawn
11-01-2007, 07:17 PM
the store here that i used to teach in the owner has one, and she refused to carry them in her lss, she said no one would buy them... ( cost prohibitive )
so, i have watched threads on this for over a year now and i finally caved and ordered one for my self for my birthday ( and a dozen refills) I got the one that takes the 1/4 sized glue tapes and gold refills.
( its not here yet)
but, I'm really looking forward to it coming.

ah PINK that would be cool, I guess it could be altered if you wanted to??

3darlings
11-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Okay, I need to know what this is, and why it is so wonderful. Why colored tape if you are covering it?

JBgreendawn
11-01-2007, 07:25 PM
its double sided adhesive, My thought is the color refers to the wrapper?
Could be wrong though, its been a long time since i seen it in person.

maxiesmom
11-01-2007, 08:57 PM
How funny, I ordered mine from there this week too. It came quickly, Erin, I think I ordered Mon and got it yesterday. Like Angie sais, it came in a giant bubble wrap package that is a bitch to get into! I felt like I was performing surgery to get into it! I got the 1/4"(cause Traci told me too) and only 2 rolls of tape though, dummy me. It comes empty, like I knew that??
Still trying to figure out how to load it, had a bad day today so I didn't even try today. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. Oh and I didn't find the video very helpful, I did watch it.

MyRnAbS
11-01-2007, 09:35 PM
YAY!! Welcome to the ATG club! ;)

Erin K
11-01-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm way excited!!!

smileycollector
11-01-2007, 10:00 PM
This is really a quinkydink that I would see your message right after reading about the ATG on another site! Honestly, I have never heard of it before and now I'm left wondering if it's something that I "need". I'll check out the link! Thanks! :)

Erin K
11-01-2007, 10:02 PM
I already got a tracking number for FEDEX and it will be here day after tomorrow! TWO DAYS. :)

3darlings
11-02-2007, 07:27 AM
Is this a "MUST HAVE"? Do I spend the money, or wait for you all to try it and tell me "ah..it wasn't so great"

maxiesmom
11-02-2007, 07:31 AM
I have been holding off on this for over a year and took the plunge. I have heard many good things about it. I got the 1/4" one and not enough tape refills apparently!

MyRnAbS
11-02-2007, 08:36 AM
oh no there's not I was disappointed type of deal here u won't regret buying this at all trust me!

threefriends91
11-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Thanks Ladies my hb and l were looking at these a few months ago, l heard they were great, so l have asked (santa Ha Ha ) to bring me one. l'm sending this web over to him thanks Barb

stampcrazyjulie
11-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Which Gun do you all have or are you getting....the red or the yellow? Apparently the red is for the 1/4 only but the yellow is for the 1/4 & bigger.
Looks like you can buy an adapter too......

mjbonoan
11-02-2007, 11:22 AM
You will love it... I love mine and I have both the 1/2" and the 1/4". This one works great for both scrapbooking and cards. What you glue on stays on; I've recieved many swap cards that are coming apart by the time I get them. Just make sure you have your stuff where you want it, it's not removable!!!

stampcrazyjulie
11-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Mary Jayne....so you have both guns?

kix
11-02-2007, 12:34 PM
I love my ATG. It takes getting used to because it's huge! (However, I still manage to lose mine on my craft table.LOL!) Loading the tape is super easy, and the rolls are so big that you won't have to do it very often!

You don't have to worry about things coming unglued with this adhesive! Once put down, it's there to STAY!

I know you're going to love your new ATGs!

Erin K
11-02-2007, 02:43 PM
I ordered the red, which is the 1/4 one, wich is my favorite size of adhesive because you can do ribbon with it. Also I don't really need a fatter adhesive.

:) Tomorrow!!!

mcourtney
11-02-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm gonna get one someday. I can't have one until I use up the 50 rolls of Scotch Double sided tape I have stashed away. 3M had recalled the tape because some of the rolls had breaks in the middle of them, so our local Walmart marked them down to 50 cents a roll. I stocked up. And the break is no problem because I use short pieces anyway. But when it's almost gone, I'm getting an ATG.