PDA

View Full Version : Bad STORM here in the Northeast~

ccstampin12
11-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Hi, Girls,
We have the winds and rains from Noel closing in on us right now. I will be shutting down my computer just in case we lose power.
Please say a little prayer that there is no damage for us....my DH is in NYState, and I'm not good in emergencies!:swoon:
LOL
It should pass by this evening. Should be just a "lovely" day!
Joanie

iloveflipflops
11-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Oh Joanie .. I hope its not too bad. Stay safe!!!

patcreates
11-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Good thoughts heading your way Joanie!! The wind is already picking up here and its been raining for about an hour. You all are supposed to have it worse than us and we are expecting 2-4 inches of rain and 50 mph wind gusts. It will be a good day for stamping as long as the power stays on.

Spartymom
11-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Stay safe. Isn't Sherry coming to see you too?

Darleneh710
11-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I am all for the power staying on as well..I am at work now, and we dont have any windows to see outside..so I dont know what it is doing out there now...I hope it doesnt get bad. But I did hear Boston area was supposed to get it the worst..not sure how true that is. I will keep you in my thoughts Joanie..I know what you mean about being alone. My DD is with her dad this weekend and my mom headed off to my brother's in Watertown..she is staying the night and I will be home alone..I usually dont mind it but I cant stand losing the power and thunder storms...

teabear
11-03-2007, 01:07 PM
I just saw this storm on CNN and immediately thought of you Joanie. I hope you stay safe and dry inside. Let us know how you are when it passes. Will keep you in my thoughts, too, Darlene.

Nadine
11-03-2007, 02:04 PM
It's supposed to hit around here at about 6 or 7 this evening with hurricane force winds (100-150km/h) but they said they can't classify it as a hurricane because of where it started or something like that. So they're calling it a super tropical storm. Fun. I had my windows replaced just a few weeks ago and the cladding and stuff around them hasn't been replaced yet so I'm hoping there's no major damage. I'm all set in case of a power outage though.

cindi
11-03-2007, 06:56 PM
It has strted in Maine about 3 this afternoon and is steadily buillding. I'm glad to be home, before it gets worse.
Hang in there girls!....oh, and hang onto your stamps!
:)

Patty
11-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Hope everyone is ok---we got some hard rain for a short time--was very windy early today. I had to work 1/2 day and when I went by the shoreline the water was VERY CHOPPY. Now we have nothing. Get cozy girls--hugs and prayers--patty

patcreates
11-03-2007, 09:55 PM
We just lost power for about an hour but its back now and hopefully will stay on. It hasn't been as bad as it could have been here, so we are thankful for that.

ellie
11-04-2007, 01:33 AM
I hope everything will be alright Joanie. I wish you could send us some rain!

loobylou
11-04-2007, 09:21 AM
how are you all today? How did you fare in the storm?
I hope you all stayed warm and dry and kept your roof on.

ccstampin12
11-04-2007, 09:34 AM
WHEW!!!
We lost power around 6:00 last night. LOOOONNNNGGGGG night! Cold, dark. Went to bed really early as I grew tired of looking at the blank TV screen by the light of 10 candles!!!
LOL
I went to Dunkin' Donuts for coffee this morning, and when I got back the power was back on!!!! YAY!
Now the kitties and I are happily warm. The sun is shining, hardly any breeze, just a crisp fall day! You'd never know there was a "YESTERDAY" except for the limbs that are down along some roads and the leaves and twigs littering my yard.
Thanks for your concern....hoping all is well with all in this area of the NorthEast! Maine and Canada...let's hear from you!
HUGS
Joanie

patcreates
11-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Other than losing power for an hour last night, we made out well. We didn't seem to get much rain or wind at all and we are pretty close to the coast (less than 10 miles).

cindi
11-04-2007, 11:09 AM
my power flickered a lot but we didin't lose it..I'm happy for that!
my yard needs picked up..what a mess out there!
Did everyone make out ok? no major damage?
I hope so!
:)

iloveflipflops
11-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Glad to hear all sounds good so far... Check in if you haven't yet.