PDA

View Full Version : Its that time of year again when I am starting my D-I-E-T (let's not say the word!)

iloveflipflops
11-04-2007, 07:24 AM
I want to start NOW because:

#1 Thanksgiving is fast approaching. Its only 3 short weeks away. If we start now, we have lost a few pounds and won't pig out on pumpkin pie (too much).
#2 Christmas isn't far off either. According to my blog, its only 51 days away. By then, we could even be down 10 lbs. Would that not be AWESOME?!??!?
#3 2008 is coming up too. Wouldn't it be great to get a head start BEFORE the new year and we will be that much ahead of the game.

Ok .. so who is with me? I am doing Weight Watchers. WW is based on points. Its pretty easy to follow. You can eat ANYTHING you want as long as you count your points each day. When I was doing WW awhile ago, the points you are allowed to eat WAS based on your current weight. But I heard recently you are to take a quiz and based on the quiz and how active you are, etc. it is based on that but I am going to do it the way i know which is based on my weight. This is the current chart according to jazzypurple853:

less than 150 lbs - 20 points
150-174 lbs - 22 points
175-199 -24 points
200-224 -26 points
225-249 -28 points

If anyone is currently doing WW now and has a more recent chart, please share with the rest of us.

http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfoTOC.html This is a great website that has a wealth of information.

Here is another website you can check out that explains how it works:
http://www.webmd.com/diet/weight-watchers-what-it-is

Ok ... WHO IS WITH ME? I am starting TOMORROW!!!

jazzypurple853
11-04-2007, 07:49 AM
I'm currently doing ww right now,
The chart that I have is showing:
less than 150 lbs - 20 points
150-174 lbs - 22 points
175-199 -24 points
200-224 -26 points
225-249 -28 points

However, you have an extra 35 points that you can use on top of your daily points target , that you can use over the course of the week.

If you need any food journals, I can send them to you. I'm normally pick up a bunch when I go. The current plan that I have with ww is $40 a month. You can visit ww as many times as you want during the month. You also have access to their websites for recipes. ( a great resource) The website gives you tons of recipes, not only that you can put in a recipe of your own, and it will calculate the points for you.

If you need me to copy any current stuff for you, just let me know and I'll send it out to you.

loobylou
11-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Ok I just scrape into the 22 point category. I'm in Sherri.
It's coming up to summer and I need to be able to feel comfortable in my shorts and bathers. I gave up on bikinis long ago.
What is the weight watchers recommendation for exercise. I can walk or swim. Can't jog/run or do aerobics cos I get asthma.

The website links you gave are fantastic Sherri. I am off to study my breakfast options

loobylou
11-04-2007, 08:59 AM
http://http://www.dwlz.com/Al/pdfsheets/journalsheet.html

Here is a food journal sheet made to use with WW plan. I just printed off 1, and I worked out if i make 25 copies I will have enough to get me thru to Christmas (there are 2 days to a page.
I see there is no section for Alcohol- would that count as a snack if I have 1 glass with a friend when we stamp together on Saturdays??? I think 1 glass a week is reasonable.
Ok off to find out how many points in a glass of Chardonnay.

Nadine
11-04-2007, 09:11 AM
This is the quiz at the beginning of the WW book in case you want to know your exact points.

1. Are you?
Female (score 2) Male (score 8) A nursing mom (score 12)

2. How old are you?
17-26 (score 4) 27-37 (score 3) 38-47 (score 2) 48-58 (score 1) Over 58 (score 0)

3. What do you weigh?
Enter the first 2 digits of your weight in pounds. For example if you weigh 175, enter 17 for your points.

4. How tall are you?
Under 5'1" (score 0) 5'1"-5'10" (score 1) Over 5'-10" (score 2)

5. Do you spend most of your day:
Sitting down (score 0) Occasionally sitting but mainly standing (score 2) Walking all the time (score 4) Doing physical work most of the time (score 6)

loobylou
11-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Ok, In Nadines quiz I get 26 points. So what do i do? Pick the middle?

iloveflipflops
11-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks Nadine and Shelley for the updated chart and quiz. I looked high and low on the "net" this morning and could not find it. In fact, on the WW sight the quiz is banned on there unless you are a paying member. So this is great. Now I need to take the quiz and see if i get a few extra points that way.

iloveflipflops
11-04-2007, 09:34 AM
I get 24 points. That is 2 extra points. WOO HOO

iloveflipflops
11-04-2007, 09:35 AM
What about for exercise? Is it 1 point for every 20 minutes of exercise you can add to your points? For a max of 4 points per day? I forget.

iloveflipflops
11-04-2007, 09:36 AM
I really think writing things down DEFINITELY helps me.

cecescraps
11-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Okay, what if according to this I'm an 18???? Boo Hoo- does that mean I only get 18 pts???? I'll don't know if I can do 18- 20 sounds like sooooooo much more!!! Wait I just reread the last one-I don't sit down ALL the time so, I think I will give myself 2 on that last one so, now I can be 20 pts. Whew....... now, I'm in with you ladies! WW and the gym on Monday for me!

Cathi

Nadine
11-04-2007, 10:36 AM
You do get an extra 35 points a week to use as you see fit as well, although I hardly ever use those. Exercise points are based on your weight, the intensity of the exercise you are doing, and how long you are doing it. So for example if you weigh 200 pounds and walk at a moderate pace (you start sweating after 10 minutes) and go at it for 30 minutes you'll get 2 extra points that can only be used that day. The exercise points don't carry over.

cindi
11-04-2007, 10:45 AM
I'll have tons of questions..as I don't belong to WW and will need you ladies expert help!
Vacation & bathing suits in January are a good incentive!
:)

midnitecreations
11-04-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm in. I come in at 24, so I'm hoping I can add some exercise to this. So, do I have to join ww to figure out how to use these points?

iloveflipflops
11-04-2007, 12:23 PM
nope you do not have to join - if you go to the websites listed above, there are charts there that can help with what food is what points. You can join online or go to actual meetings if you want and for me, this is the best way to stay motivated. I am still on the fence whether or not I am going to actual meetings. I really think I can do it this time!!

patcreates
11-04-2007, 12:46 PM
I will join you all too! I lost 15 pounds over the summer, but a few have creeped back on and I have plenty more to lose. I won't be doing WW, but will still be watching my portions and what I eat. I also need to take advantage of the nice cool weather and start walking again.

shuggy
11-04-2007, 12:59 PM
wow, i'm not even going to say how many points i get...yikes!!

tojoco
11-04-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm with you Angie but I'm going to give it a try as soon as I have all my strength back.

Darleneh710
11-05-2007, 09:26 AM
I am in! I am not a member of WW, but I was once and I have the chart and the book with the food in it. My points are 21..liking that more than the 20 lol..I worked out this morning for the first time in who knows how long. I just bought the Leslie Sansone walking dvd..I have a bunch of her vhs tapes but my vcr isnt working so I bought some dvds yesterday at WM..Hoping to exercise once a day in the morning before work (cross your fingers lol) But I am definitely on board with you ladies! I have been overeating for so very long that it is time to eat better and get back to the exercising/walking.