PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 - 10 WW here we go!! *merged*

iloveflipflops
11-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Ok, who is starting with me TODAY?

Today is the day. I have been talking about this for too long now and I am motivated to start NOW!!!

I am headed to the grocery to buy all my healthy foods and then I will come back, bundle up and take a walk around the neighborhood. Its 30 degrees right now so I want it warm up just a bit!!

Skinny jeans, here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

irishchristine
11-05-2007, 08:56 AM
fiber one bars are good tasting and fill you up so try some of those! Good luck I am with you! two weeks until 20 year reunion!!

My3Ds
11-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Good luck. I'm not a WW member, but hope to work out more. That's the only thing that's gonna work for me I think. We're with ya.

cindi
11-05-2007, 10:41 AM
it will be portion control & excericse nad WW if I can figure it out. Otrherwise it will be lowfat, portion control & sweat!
:)

iloveflipflops
11-05-2007, 11:54 AM
I was so hungry for lunch that i ate early at 11:30.

I had 6 rolls of ham rolled up with ff cream cheese 3 points. I had 6 triscuits (the thin crisps) 1 point. I had 1 egg 2 points and I had an orange 1 point. I am FORCING myself to drink water instead of my favorite sweet tea.

The first 4 days are the worst for me so I gotta just hang in there!!

cindi
11-05-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm having a bowl of veggie soup..I had it in the freezer..Time to make a few new batches!
I find soup to be a perfect lunch..I can eat a big bowl, feel warm & satisfied as long as I make it myself so it's loaded with veggies and low fat broth .
so far so good..oh & I'm on my 2nd bottle of water already.

Darleneh710
11-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Wow you girls are doing great! I counted my points for breakfast so even though it was a little high..I think I will be ok...plus I worked out for 15-20 minutes this morning. If I could only keep that going...it is so hard with the work schedule I am on now..For lunch I am hoping to have one of my smartones meals that are only 4 points.
Good luck ladies!

teabear
11-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Well, I had grapenuts with lowfat milk and tea. I only got up about an hour ago, so it's easy so far! LOL

logcabincreations
11-05-2007, 01:11 PM
good luck.....sorry I can't join at the moment because I just don't have the right "mind-set" if you know what I mean. But I have lost 10 pounds since the spring and I want to lose another 10 by Christmas. So I will try to get myself psyched. (Guess I really should tell you I just ate at my favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch :twitcy:)

Darleneh710
11-05-2007, 01:16 PM
good luck.....sorry I can't join at the moment because I just don't have the right "mind-set" if you know what I mean. But I have lost 10 pounds since the spring and I want to lose another 10 by Christmas. So I will try to get myself psyched. (Guess I really should tell you I just ate at my favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch :twitcy:)

Hi Jan, Ten pounds! That is great! I think anytime we lose weight it is amazing and wonderful. I have lost some weight before and know or believe I can do it again...or so I hope lol

cecescraps
11-05-2007, 03:14 PM
I made some of the 0 pt. WW soup this morning so, I had a bowl of that and turkey on whole wheat w/ mustard sandwich for lunch. I just ate a few almonds... I really wanted some chocolate candy though. But, I'm going to have an apple w/ fat free carmel dip instead. :)

Great job everyone!!

Cathi

iloveflipflops
11-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Looks like Day 1 is great for everyone so far.

I am still doing good. I have drank 5 cups of water. Trying to get my 6th one down right now. I really miss my sweet tea!! I just crunched on some sugar snap peas. I hope those don't have too many points, I didn't think to check before I started munching away :)

My pot roast smells soooooooooooo good in the crockpot .... I think I can eat it right now and its only 4:00. ha ha

patcreates
11-05-2007, 04:35 PM
My goal for today was to basically stay away from the Halloween candy and I have succeeded so far. :) I also went for a 20 minute walk.

pesc
11-05-2007, 05:55 PM
girls if you did change your hour last weekend as we did here... that's the reason why you are hungry an hour before what you are normaly!! So don't let that get it the way! in a week or so you will be hungry at the right time! :)

iloveflipflops
11-06-2007, 07:37 AM
Day 2 here we are ... I was hungry yesterday but i kept drinking water when I would feel hungry or eat my sugar snap peas. I still need to check and see if those have points. I am assuming no since they are a veggie but then they are sweet so maybe they do have minimal points like carrots do (do carrots have points?)

Good luck everyone. I am definitely going to try and walk outside today as a cold front is headed our way and it will back into the 30's tonight with highs in the 50's tomorrow and Thurs. That's cold for us!!:arghh:

loobylou
11-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Sherri, i'm doing really well for breakfast, morning tea and lunch, but I have blown it after work. Just that 3.30 hunger is really getting me. I need ideas for something to get me over my "need' for cheese and crackers when i get home.
I ate a healthy stirfry with lots of veges for dinner. I don't think i am really doing the points like you, but just having you here to report in to is keeping me on track (mostly).
I am trying to just drink water after dinner. I have banned snacks from the computer room

emmcee
11-06-2007, 08:12 AM
So far so good, Sarah & Sherri.You girls are doing great.

I'm trying not to eat after 6 p.m. and I do fairly well till about 9 and then I'm wanting something crunch to snack on, mainly potato chips. As soon as it gets a little cooler during the days, I'm going to start walking on my lunch hours again. I can get in 2 miles at lunch but I don't want to be a stinky person in the p.m. so I do try to wait for the temp to get about 50 or 60.

Nancy
11-06-2007, 08:31 AM
I got through yesterday, but didn't drink enough water and realized how I have gotten out of that habit. Was drinking soda and yesterday realized how I craved it. This is going to have be one day at a time until it really sinks in. I will try to go to Curves at least 4 times a week, I find that helps me become more limber and I dont feel so stiff. Good wishes to the rest of you. - Nancy

Darleneh710
11-06-2007, 10:46 AM
I must confess..I didnt do so well yesterday. I did work on in the morning, but it kinda went downhill after breakfast..but the good thing is that today is a NEW day..and I got up early at 5:30am and worked out for 15 minutes and then I had breakfast at work..hoping to eat less ha ha
Keep up the great work Sherri and everyone!

iloveflipflops
11-06-2007, 11:01 AM
That is a great attitude Darlene. Just because you fail one day does not mean you can give up. Its a new day, pick yourself up and start over. Great attitude!!

cindi
11-06-2007, 11:17 AM
today I'm a bit woried. It's nasty wind driven rain & I don't want to walk to the store..that leaves some less than great food choices for the day!
I will need to be creative, and have to execise inside today..so that will mnean weight lifting, and pilates. yesterday I walked for 1/2 hour. I'm going to ned to plan meals 2 days out if I expect to do welll with this..I can see that now

Spartymom
11-06-2007, 11:30 AM
I work out at Curves today, and just had lunch. My turkey sandwitch on ww bread. YUM. But then I just ate a butterfinger! I needed some chocolate. Take the halloween candy away.

Darleneh710
11-06-2007, 12:17 PM
today I'm a bit woried. It's nasty wind driven rain & I don't want to walk to the store..that leaves some less than great food choices for the day!
I will need to be creative, and have to execise inside today..so that will mnean weight lifting, and pilates. yesterday I walked for 1/2 hour. I'm going to ned to plan meals 2 days out if I expect to do welll with this..I can see that now

I hear ya, Cindi..I am thinking I am going to have to plan out meals as well. Because I am so hungry! I got some fruit downstairs (in cafe at work) and it didnt fill me up..I dont go to lunch until 12:45...and I am so hungry..but I am trying to lol.. I did bring a smartones meal today..so hopefully that will fill me up!

threefriends91
11-06-2007, 12:51 PM
l did join in yesterday, l walked for one hour and l drink about 5 LARGE cups of water LOL, l had a tuna sandwich for lunch and made some home made soup that will help for a few days. my hb asked me if we had any sweets in the house l told him no way and that on Friday nights we could have a soda and pizza. l used to drink soda all the time and when l stopped l started to see a difference with in the first month.
Planing your meals ahead of time really helped me. okay day 2 and only 20 more pounds to go. it is much easyer with joining in with you ladies.

Darleneh710
11-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Can I just say? That I am starving...now mind you..I just had lunch a little over 2 hours ago and I am still hungry..yikes! I am a huge Diet Pepsi drinker but thinking of switching to water since I believe that will cure the hunger or so I hope it will..plus drinking the soda today is making me more hungry I think... I have been good. I have snacks in my bag as I always bring them with me, but I havent even attempted to go in there for them...I might have something on my next break..but we'll see...anyone else hungry? lol

iloveflipflops
11-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Yes I am hungry and its only 3:20. I just got back from a walk with 1 of the dogs. I can't take both as they drag me and I am about dead by the time we get back. I am trying to cram down some water to fill me up. I want a candy bar!! LOL

cindi
11-06-2007, 04:03 PM
and I think I'm going through sugar withdrawals..I'm dreaming of anything sweet!
mt waldorf salad filled me up & is staying with me,..so I would recomend this as a good meal!
ok..I can & will beat the sugar craving!

cecescraps
11-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Not such a good day for me! Merritt had 3 friends spend the nite last nite and they wanted Krispy Kreme for breakfast. Therefore, I have had 2 KK donuts today. But, the only other thing I've eaten is 1/2 a turkey sandwich on wheat bread. Man, the donuts and the Halloween candy have to go!!!

Cathi

Nancy
11-06-2007, 05:13 PM
I had soup for lunch, supper will be baked fish and potato and some carrots. I probably will eat them raw, it seems as if the food has to be crunchy to help to satisfy me. It is only 3:12 and supper isnt till 6. Guess I better go drink water. - Nancy

iloveflipflops
11-06-2007, 07:37 PM
My huge downfall is donuts. STEP AWAY FROM THE DONUTS!!!! I love donuts, any kind of donuts. Doesn't matter what kind. LOL

I had a nice dinner and I think it was low points. I went and got japenese for everyone and I got no rice with mine. Rice can really add up the points. I think 1 cup of fried rice is like 8 points and they easily give ya 2 cups. So i said no rice and asked for grilled zucchini and onions instead. I had carrots, grilled shrimp and broccoli. It was really good too and the best part is I am full right now!!! Its 7:30 so no more food for me even though I have a few more points left I think I can eat.

Oprah swears no eating after 7 pm for her so i need to do that too.

iloveflipflops
11-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Oh and I forgot to tell you all I walked 45 minutes with Tudi this afternoon.

WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cindi
11-06-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm thinking of you as our fearless leader!
woo -hoo for the long walk!
I lifted weights today and did my belly tightening/back strengthing pilates
I ahve no idea if that qualifies as enough exercise for extra points.

iloveflipflops
11-06-2007, 09:35 PM
That sounds great to me Cindi. Keep it up!!

It is now 9:30 and all of a sudden I feel like I am STARVING. But I will not eat. I am just gonna go to bed so I do not eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iloveflipflops
11-07-2007, 06:19 AM
I woke up, decided to get on the scale and I am down 2 whole lbs. I suppose that's better than gaining right??????

Just had my english muffin and pineapple juice and ready to start the day!

Good luck all you skinny jean wanna-be's :).

Paula Carden
11-07-2007, 06:34 AM
Yea, you are doing good!! Wow 2 days, 2 pounds!!

loobylou
11-07-2007, 06:39 AM
I am not weighing myself until the end of the week. (good willpower, don't you think) that way if I have a blowout one day i don't get depressed.
i did well after work. I ate a couple of pieces of left over sushi, which has got to be better for me than cheese and biscuits. Also I had homemade sushi for lunch and an orange. I feel good.

threefriends91
11-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Well l didn't do as good last night, when my hb came home from work he brought me flowers great can't get fat on these (BUT) He also brought home some rockey road ice-cream. l did tell my self not to eat any after all l had this great home made soup. but after t told him about my concerns with the breast test he went and got us a bowl of this ice-cream and l gave in.But l did drink water with it. Great going Sherri, 2 pds in 2 days wow thats great. okay l'm back with you today l'll just walk longer LOL

allinkdup
11-07-2007, 09:36 AM
great with the 2 lbs!

I can gain 2 lbs just looking at something but can't seem to do that the other way around, lol

Darleneh710
11-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Sherri that is wonderful! Two pounds! Wow! You should be so pleased..honestly..I think you are doing great. Me on the otherhand no so good...I didnt get to walk this morning like I wanted to..I went to bed a little bit late and have realized I need to get to bed by 9 or 9:30pm...House was on and it looked so good and I wanted to watch it but I think I fell asleep during it was so tired! Oh well...gonna have to start taping my 9 o'clock and 10 o'clock shows during the week! Hoping to better today..:)

cindi
11-07-2007, 10:50 AM
I have a weird shcedule todayI won't get lunch until close to 2, so I'm having a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast..hoping it will hold me. then I have a funeral at 3:00 you know what that means eating after..at least thats what we do here in Maine gather and eat. I will try my best to just pick at some fruit or veggies.
Then tonight is my weekly girls night out at the pub,,danger!!!!
Somebody please, sew my lips shut!!!

Darleneh710
11-07-2007, 11:04 AM
I have a weird shcedule todayI won't get lunch until close to 2, so I'm having a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast..hoping it will hold me. then I have a funeral at 3:00 you know what that means eating after..at least thats what we do here in Maine gather and eat. I will try my best to just pick at some fruit or veggies.
Then tonight is my weekly girls night out at the pub,,danger!!!!
Somebody please, sew my lips shut!!!

Hi Cindi...you know what is funny...and I didnt even think of this until you mentioned it, but when I was dieting before I would eat apple and cinnamon oatmeal as I could have two packets and it filled me up and it was low in points or calories whatever I was doing at the time. So, thanks for the reminder! I'll have to go buy some:)

cindi
11-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Hi Cindi...you know what is funny...and I didnt even think of this until you mentioned it, but when I was dieting before I would eat apple and cinnamon oatmeal as I could have two packets and it filled me up and it was low in points or calories whatever I was doing at the time. So, thanks for the reminder! I'll have to go buy some:)

what the point value of a packet of Cinnamon oatmeal is??
Is there one brand lower in points than others?

iloveflipflops
11-07-2007, 01:42 PM
I think any flavored oatmeal packet is 3 points. That always fills me up :)

cecescraps
11-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Great job Sherri! 2 pds. in 2 days sounds totally fantastic to me!!Can you believe I have no idea what I weighed on Monday. Hello, I haven't even weighed so, how am I suppose to know if I've lost any weight. Duh! I've had a much better day today since the KK donuts are gone. :)

kimmyqtgirl
11-07-2007, 05:18 PM
GOOD JOB 2 lbs, is GREAT!!!! I decided to try it on my own, got any good recipes? Yesterday I made a ww taco soup recipe. YUMMY and EASY.

iloveflipflops
11-08-2007, 06:25 AM
I just had my 3 point oatmeal and my 1/2 cup of pineapple juice. 4 points so far for the day ...

Have a great day!! We're getting skinnier by the minute!! :spinny:

loobylou
11-08-2007, 06:53 AM
I am doing really well with the no snacks by my computer rule. Now if I could just live in this room I'd be doing well!
I ate lollies today, but I'm doing pretty well with everything else.

irishchristine
11-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Well I have to say you hve made me more aware of my points this week. Thank you!!

For breakfast I have one envelope of instant oatmeal (plain) and add splenda brownsugar to it. 2 pts. All my points are saved for my coffee cream! I have to ahve coffee cream!!

Nancy
11-08-2007, 08:58 AM
I am getting ready to leave for Curves, my DH calls it Huff and Puff and tells people that when he talks about it. Then I'lI come home and have Oatmeal, It is that afternoon time, I have a hard time, ate popcorn yesterday afternoon. One day at a time, then I have to hand out the Neighborhood newspaper, so that will be a walk. Then I'll wait for the screen door man to come and put in a retractable screen on my front door. I am off - Nancy

iloveflipflops
11-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Good for you Nancy for going to Curves. That's great!! I hope to walk later today when it warms up some. It was 25 degrees this morning and that is just too cold for this FL gal!! Nicholas has soccer tonight for an hour so I am thinking maybe I can walk the track where he goes instead of sitting on my butt while he practices. Just gotta bundle up!!

threefriends91
11-08-2007, 09:33 AM
l have had a better day , l had 1/2 cup of oatmeal and l started drinking my coffee black, l'm hopeing l can walk for 1/2 hour today. back on track.

iloveflipflops
11-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Good for you!!! 3 cheers for you!!!

cindi
11-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Yesterday was going to be hard & I made it through.
Today I'm walking for 1/2 hour and crafting which means tones of trips from the upstairs out to the garage and back..I'm in my wood room today. so that will be extra exercise.
I have not stepped on the scales, but I feel good.

BeckyButtshaw
11-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Having my oatmeal now-going well so far this week.

kimmyqtgirl
11-08-2007, 12:55 PM
NOT SO GOOD HERE :( I had half of a small blizzard today! But man did it taste good! Oh well I guess I am doing better I didn't have a whole medium like I normally would. My DH decided we needed Ice Cream today. I am regretting it though with this cold weather.... Guess I should get my butt on the eliptical today!

iloveflipflops
11-08-2007, 01:02 PM
I had a pumpkin pie blizzard last week before I started on WW. I had been waiting for it ALL YEAR and I finally got one and you know what? It wasn't that great!! I don't know if the girl was new and didn't mix it right or she mixed it too much or what but I didn't LOVE it. Very strange for me! I love pumpkin pie anything!!! Good for you for only having 1/2. I ate my whole small and that was when i didn't even love it. WHY?

kimmyqtgirl
11-08-2007, 01:05 PM
You ate it because you usually LOVE them! Isn't that aweful? I had to laugh because the ice cream store on the corner has a sign that says "nutritional advisory : The items on our menu are delicious which means they contain fat and calories. Please enjoy in moderation. ~thank you". Makes me laugh everytime I go in there.

iloveflipflops
11-08-2007, 01:06 PM
That's hilarious Kim!!!

iloveflipflops
11-09-2007, 05:49 AM
WOO HOO ...

How's everyone today? I feel better (except for my allergy induced fat lip) but my cravings are definitely getting less. NO MORE CANDY. woo hoo

loobylou
11-09-2007, 06:19 AM
no lollies for me today either, but I did have a piece of date and pecan loaf.
Boy am I starting to see where my downfall is- I like to nibble on something when I have a cup of coffee. When people used to ask me "what are you doing wrong?", I really couldn't pinpoint it. Writing everything down has been a great way to look at my eating habits. I feel very positive about the way I am eating. i had vegetable couscous for dinner- with yellow squash, red pepper, red onion mushrooms and zucchini. It was delicious

irishchristine
11-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Well have you checked out the scale yet? I did this morning and I am only down 1.5 pounds so far. Keep up the good work!!

Nancy
11-09-2007, 09:08 AM
I won't weigh myself until Monday. The weekend how can I skip it, Schedules are different. Otherwise I am doing OK. - Nancy Hungry but O K>

threefriends91
11-09-2007, 09:42 AM
l did great yesterday. l think all my worrying over my test helped abit, but now l have no more tests and stress free l'll have to be carefull.. So now l'm going to make cards and more cards LOL.. Oh ya l want to try walking for an hour today.

cindi
11-09-2007, 10:21 AM
yesterday afternoon I felt drained of energy, so I may need to add a veggie snack..but what I really wanted was cheese & crackers..so I had nothing. thats bad..I won't stick to it if I don't behave!
Today I hope is better.

cecescraps
11-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Hangin in by a thread! Still haven't weighed myself but, I'm hoping to see a differemce in my clothes by Thanksgiving! Going to St. Louis for a soccer tournament today thru Sun. and you know how that goes... lots of snacks, eating out every meal. I'm taking healthy snacks, water and I'll try to be good. It's those darn Moms w/ the wine and drinks that will get me though. LOL

Cathi

kimmyqtgirl
11-09-2007, 12:42 PM
I think I need a do over! HA HA HA! I love your signature Sarah. Rough day yesterday! Oh well, I am still eating less when I eat so even if it's not the best I am cutting the calories. I am figuring out my weaknesses too STRESS! and I like to nibble with my coffee also.... And I can't deal without my coffee.

iloveflipflops
11-10-2007, 11:24 AM
YEAH!!!

I am down another 1/2 lb so that makes it 2.5 lbs loss. Not bad but I would love it go down quicker.... I know, I know ... its good to lose it slow but I would just like it a little quicker.

How's everyone else doing????

Darleneh710
11-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Sherri! That is great! Good for you...for me..don't ask...lol
Great job though!

I am at work now..and for some reason it is chilly in here...maybe b/c there are only 5 or so of us here..

threefriends91
11-11-2007, 04:17 AM
l have lost 1 1/2 pds. and l feel the same way Sherri, it takes a long time but this time l'm keeping it off. l feel really good.l pray l don't blow it at Christmas, l'm hopping by then l will feel stronge enough to keep it up and just say NO to junk food.

iloveflipflops
11-11-2007, 06:09 AM
Oh I am so happy the scale is going down. I am excited MAYBE my old clothes will fit soon. I have so many clothes that I cannot wear ...

Yeah for me!!

How's everyone else doing? Week 1 is almost over!!!

iloveflipflops
11-11-2007, 06:11 AM
Good for you Cathy!! You are doing SUPER!!!!

loobylou
11-11-2007, 06:50 AM
still haven't weighed myself! I tried to last night but my battery is flat on the scales.
My clothes feel a bit looser. I tend to lose centimetres before I lose kilos so I may just do my measurements this week too, when I weigh myself. (Don't worry I won't be publishing them, but I may tell you how many cm I lose off my waist and hips)

ccstampin12
11-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Way to go!
Still working on it here!
LOL
Joanie

workin4stamps
11-11-2007, 10:25 AM
woo hoo!!! That is GREAT!!!!

Traci

Nancy
11-11-2007, 10:33 AM
I am done 2 lbs. and starving. When I can zip one pair of jeans and the legs are longer - I'll feel better. Now to try the second week. - Nancy

iloveflipflops
11-11-2007, 10:58 AM
That's great Nancy that you are down 2 lbs but not so great that you are starving!! Can you eat more fiber? That fills you up more.... are you doing WW too or just cutting back? My jeans fit the same and I can't wait till mine are loose :)

teabear
11-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Yipee for all of you! I'm joining in tomorrow morning in a serious way. This week was really not at all a good eating week. I watched that Dr. Oz on Oprah last night and it was very inspiring.

Nancy
11-11-2007, 01:22 PM
I am not going to WW but this one pair of jeans I like and I know I feel better when I see that the legs are longer. That doesnt mean I quit watching what I eat, I MUST continue. Your right about fiber, I will have to concentrate on that. Are potato chips fiber?? Just kidding. - Nancy

tojoco
11-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Joanne is very very jealous. Congrats to all who lost!

cindi
11-11-2007, 05:57 PM
and I*f I meet Heather (Keltie) tonight at the Texas Road house..it's not going to be good!
I've been a good girl all week, but tonight may do me in!!!
I won't give up though..I will jump right back on,,if I fall off

irishchristine
11-11-2007, 06:04 PM
I am down two! keep up the great work!!

iloveflipflops
11-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Woo hoo Christine!! That's great!!

iloveflipflops
11-12-2007, 06:05 AM
Ok girls ...we have week 1 under our belts (as they say). The hardest 1st week is always the hardest for me!!! :arghh:

How's everyone doing? I feel much better and I am less hungry.

I am down 4 lbs. total. Can't complain about that!! Now I just gotta keep it up!!!

Here's to another successful week!!!! If you haven't already joined in, its not too late. I am a great cheerleader and I will cheer you on. Cute cards, rah rah rah here and there.... what more can one ask for? LOL :biglaugh:

Nadine
11-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Way to go on the 4 pounds Sherri! That's awesome! It does get easier as you go on too. I don't even have to think about it anymore really.

threefriends91
11-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Wow Sherri! thats great 4 pounds l had only gone down 1 1/2 pounds, but l feel good and hope this week will be better. Well it's time for my walk and it's raining out here but l can not stop now Christmas is close and l want to wear something new, l promised myself l would buy a new outfit if l lose 8 pounds.

cindi
11-12-2007, 10:34 AM
for me..I was very nervous all I could think was what if I gained?? how shamed I would be to admit that!:eek:
but my scales were friendly and I'm down 2 pounds!!!!
I lose weight very slowly...I swear I have no matabolism..so I'm very happy with myself!!!

Nancy
11-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Tomorrow morning I get my initial weigh in from Curves and we will see what it shows. I really didnt start watching my food until last week.- Nancy

allinkdup
11-12-2007, 11:32 AM
I go to WW in the am and have been pretty pleased with my eating "behavior" this week. Only one day I caved in and I bought a candy bar that I thought I wanted. After I ate it, eiwwwgh! Not as yummy as I thought it used to taste like, LOL!

teabear
11-12-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm joining you today.

iloveflipflops
11-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah Cindi. That is awesome!! 2 lbs is 2 lbs!!!! Tami, great to see you on board with us.

cecescraps
11-12-2007, 03:14 PM
4 Pds! That rocks Sherri! And, Cindi, 2 pounds is awesome too! I never weighed last week so, I'm not sure what I've lost but, I'll report in next week. :) OH, and a big WELCOME to you Tami!
Keep up the hard work everyone! We are going to be so gorgeous at those Christmas functions! :)

Patty
11-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Good Job EVERYONE!!! But---are you telling me that stamping isn't enough exercise???

Firecracker
11-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Good Job Sherri and Cindi. I weigh in tomorrow. I can't wait to get on the scale. Welcome, Tami. Hugs, Heather

iloveflipflops
11-13-2007, 07:13 AM
WOO HOO ... My scale is still going DOWN ....

Its going to be the low 70's today so I hope to get out and walk a few miles....

Good luck everyone. Its a brand new day.

Move to lose .... move to lose ...

loobylou
11-13-2007, 07:31 AM
we had 103F yesterday and high 90's today- too hot to walk anywhere. had a swim in my pool, but I have to admit i didn't swim laps.
My clothes are feeling more comfortable. i have a wedding on saturday that I'd like to be able to wear something nice to so i have a goal to achieve. I am living on salad and fruit and I feel good.

threefriends91
11-13-2007, 08:21 AM
We have a cold rainy day, so l'm staying in but it's only salads for me and l'm starting to feel sooo much better. l will be makeing cards lot's of cards today. hay Sherri do we lose pounds making cards LOL ya in my dreams eh. well have a good day everyone.

Nancy
11-13-2007, 10:21 AM
I didnt weigh in today, the instructor was so busy, so I'll do it tomorrow, but I am still paying attention to what I eat.- Nancy

cindi
11-13-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm trying to weigh myself once a week..but I think I may do twice...I like to see what the scale says so I Know if what I'm doing is working.

iloveflipflops
11-13-2007, 02:08 PM
That's why I weigh as much as I do. I wanna see results NOW:)

directmailscrapper
11-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Congratulations, Sherri! Sounds like you are on your way to becoming a mere shadow of your former self! Too bad we'll start "seeing less of you" on the Shack! LOL!

iloveflipflops
11-14-2007, 06:27 AM
I went to the grocery yesterday to buy the pumpkin ice cream by Edy's and they did not have it so I came home with eggnog icecream. It was very yummy and i only had 1/4 cup which was 1.5 points so that was worth it. It was so good but then I love eggnog as much as I do pumpkin anything :).

How's everyone else doing? I was the same on the scale this morning and i never did get out and walk yesterday but today is a new day and I am going to FORCE myself to get out there as its going to be 76 degrees. I can put back on my shorts and get some sun at the same time :)

Paula Carden
11-14-2007, 06:46 AM
Sherry that is ok- 1.5 points- you are doing good- you are right today is a new day!!
Aren't we thankful for another new day? I certainly am.

threefriends91
11-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Well it's cold and we have had lot's of rain, l didn't go out yesterday l stayed in and made cards. but l'm going to push myself out today. l did good yesterday with my eating but our water was out so l had to drink juice. So over all l guess l didn't do all that great. but todays a new day and l really want a new outfit for Christmas so l will walk in the rain. Hay Sherri, send some of that sun over here eh.

BeckyButtshaw
11-14-2007, 05:27 PM
I saw that ice cream in the store and I too love pumpkin! I got the slow churned kind that is a little lower in points, I think 2 points for 1/2 cup. I haven't tried it yet-but I can't wait! yumo

cindi
11-14-2007, 06:48 PM
I made beef stew last night..I love beef stew..but I had a small bowl and crunched some snap peas with it. how bad us beef stew>?? I used tonds of veggies in it.

iloveflipflops
11-14-2007, 08:46 PM
According to my WW book, beef stew is 5 points per 1 cup. So did you happen to measure how much you ate??? I love beef stew too but i need a good recipe for it...

BeckyButtshaw
11-14-2007, 10:14 PM
ok- the pumpkin ice cream is soo yummy!!

cindi
11-14-2007, 10:58 PM
ok- the pumpkin ice cream is soo yummy!!

I ate 1 1/2 cups vey slow and enjoyed evey bite!! So..I can have this comfort food it seems..as lon g as I'm careful the rest of the day! YIPPY!

iloveflipflops
11-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Day 12 - ok, its Day 12. How's everyone doing? I am doing good. I was up to -5.5 but now back to -4.5 thanks to the donut from DD yesterday. LOL

I had a good work out this morning ... had frost all over my van so I just spent 10 minutes scraping it off. We got our garage floors painted and we have to stay off of them for about 4-5 days so my poor van has to sit out in the cold :(.

allinkdup
11-16-2007, 10:04 AM
I have gone down 5.8 this week. I don't do the points though, I do the core plan. I just don't have the time or energy to measure & calculate everything and core is so much easier to do with a family of 5.

iloveflipflops
11-16-2007, 11:00 AM
WOW!! 5.8 lbs is GREAT!!!

I need to do what you are doing! :)

iloveflipflops
11-19-2007, 06:50 AM
Day 15 - Starting Week 3 ...

Who is hanging in there with me? For us in the US, it will be a tough week since we have Thanksgiving on Thursday so let's be really really good until then :). Then we can cheat for a day.

What do you say?

jazzypurple853
11-19-2007, 06:55 AM
Hanging in there. I have a pumpkin recipe to share from the ww site.

Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Bars
desserts

POINTS® Value: 3
Servings: 18
Preparation Time: 18 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
Serve these rich, creamy bars with a hot cup of mulled cider for a perfect holiday treat. Bake and refrigerate for up to three days before serving.

Ingredients
1 sprays cooking spray
9 whole reduced-fat cinnamon graham crackers
3 Tbsp butter
16 oz fat-free cream cheese
1 cup sugar
2 cup fat-free sour cream
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
3 large egg(s)
1 cup canned pumpkin
Instructions
Preheat oven to 325ºF. Coat a 9 X 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray or line bottom of pan with parchment paper. Alternatively, you can use a 9 X 13-inch nonstick pan.

Grind graham crackers until fine in a food processor or place crackers in a resealable plastic bag and crush with rolling pin. Place crumbs in a small bowl.

Melt butter on stove top or in microwave and pour over graham cracker crumbs. Mix with a fork until completely moistened.

Press crumbs evenly into bottom of prepared pan and place in refrigerator while preparing pumpkin filling.

Place cream cheese in bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar and mix until incorporated.

Mix in 1 cup of sour cream until just combined and then add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Add remaining sour cream and mix until just combined.

Slowly beat in each egg one at a time until incorporated, and then mix in pumpkin. (Note: For best results, all ingredients should be at room temperature and mixed as little as possible, until each ingredient is just combined.)

Pour pumpkin mixture into prepared pan, spread evenly throughout and smooth top.

Bake until set at edges, about 30 minutes. (Note: The very center will be a little loose.) Cool completely and refrigerate overnight before cutting into 18 pieces and serving.

enjoy

Nancy
11-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Home from the camping trip, Now if I dont eat all day. I only lost a lb the week before and probably put it back on. And this week is another feast. I only want to lose 10 lbs. for now then if I am stationary at that, maybe I'll go for more.

Keep up the good work because as you get OLDER the lbs. are harder to take off, believe me. - Nancy

cindi
11-19-2007, 10:47 AM
I lost 1 pund this week..I'm telling you I lose soo slow!
I'm down a whopping 4 pounds! I wish it were more, but it's better than nothing.
I'm going to be very good all week & blow it on Thurs..but I will get right back on the wagon come Friday..there no "point" in kidding myself I'll be good on Thursday, so I'm just planning on it!
lol

pesc
11-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Congratulations Cindi! :)
I,m still in there too... I'm down 2 other pounds... in total since I've started (it was before this thread) I have lost 12 pounds in total... I'm starting to look goofie in my clothing youppi!!! :) Only 26 pounds left to loose... I have almost a tird of my objectif done that's great :) I may have to change my outfit for Christmass... it will be to big for me but I don't mind going to do some more shopping for clothes. I was stable for 2 weeks and just kept being a good girl and it did pay! YÉ! :)