PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer-Can we send your son a card?

Far North
11-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Inkinupstamps~Just wondering if your son has an address in Iraq that you can share? Could we send him a Christmas card? It would nice to let him know that others appreciate his work and other thoughts are with all of them.

If anyone else has an active military family member overseas please let us know.
...Jan

Nancy
11-06-2007, 08:38 AM
that is a great idea and I am in. My son has returned and is now in Virginia until further notice. - Nancy

inkinupstamps
11-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Your thoughtfulness is touching and greatly appreciated! I think Matt and his colleagues would thoroughly enjoy receiving cards (Matt shares his cards). Nancy and Jan I'll email you his address.

Thank you for making his Christmas a bit brighter. This is the second holiday season he has gone through over there without family and friends to share it with.

Thanks again! :)

directmailscrapper
11-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Me too, me too! And any of his buddies?

threefriends91
11-06-2007, 09:02 AM
l would like to send something over aswell please email me too please.

Far North
11-06-2007, 09:38 AM
I searched the internet for mailing info and found this for mailing from the US...

The first suggested deadline of Nov. 13 is for packages going by parcel post to deployed troops and those living on overseas installations, according to the U.S. Postal Service. Parcel post may be the slowest option, but it’s the cheapest, too.

•If you miss the parcel post deadline priority mail: Dec. 4

• If you want to consider a package a the US Postal Service’s free Military Kit is suggested— eight boxes of three different sizes popular for mailing to military personnel, along with mailing labels, tape and U.S. Customs forms. Kits can be obtained by calling toll-free to (800) 610-8734. Choose option 1, and when a live agent responds, ask for Care Kit 4.

ellie
11-06-2007, 09:43 AM
I would like to send one too!

inkinupstamps
11-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Ladies, you ALL are so thoughtful. I'll send you his address.

In Matthew's case he moves around frequently and is not located with the rest of his unit. The address I'm sending is his unit address and they take mail to him every so often. His living arrangements are very tight so a card is greatly appreciated but he only has space for his bunk and gear.

Jan's information is accurate and a great resourse for mailing parcels to troops. I'm just suggesting that a card would brighten Matt's holiday and actually all he has room for at this time.

I'll PM his address to you all.

Thanks so much again for thinking of my son with a Christmas card (the funnier the better too. :) )

hutchink
11-06-2007, 10:12 AM
I would like to send him a card too!

toao
11-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Me too, me too! I just want to cry over the sacrifice our soldiers and families make for our freedom. God bless them all. (and their familes as well)

Mary

emmcee
11-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Put me on the list for Matt's address please. Thanks a bunch.

Firecracker
11-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Hi Jennifer,

I would like to send Matt a card too. Please send me the address.

Thanks,
Heather

inkinupstamps
11-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Again, thank you to each of you for your thoughtfulness. I've sent each of you a PM or email with Matt's address.

This is such a tribute to your kindness and thoughtfulness and support for our soldiers.

Thank you! :)

iloveflipflops
11-06-2007, 04:43 PM
How did I miss this earlier post? May I have it too please? With a cherry on top???

scrapsoon
11-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Hello,
If it's possible i want to send also a christmascard.
Or any other card to your son or some one else over there.

cecescraps
11-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Jennifer I missed the earlier post I would love to send Matt a card.

Cathi

maxiesmom
11-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Add me to it as well!

midnitecreations
11-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Jennifer, could I have that address too. During my first 17 years of marriage, my DH was deployed quite a bit, and I can attest first hand how much mail from home means to them. I pray that he will stay safe and return home soon.

cindi
11-07-2007, 11:25 AM
I'd like to send out a card, too.
:)