PDA

View Full Version : Florida Girls . . .

tojoco
11-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Have any of you watched the space shuttle touch down at the Kennedy Space Center at noon today?

I was sitting at my craft table working on some coaster calendars when I heard a loud noise around 11:50 thinking there was some type of explosion when I came to hear from the Noon news that the loud noise was actually a sonic boom from the space shuttle flying over Memphis. Wow, sure wish I was outside to see it -- amazing!

sentiments pat
11-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Have not heard the sonic boom. Usually, it's very loud here (we're 60 miles from the Cape). Could have been too noisy at lunch . . .

Pat

ctinyjoy
11-07-2007, 05:47 PM
We heard it at City Hall. It came right over us about 12:50pm. The windows rattled and shook. We are about 45 minutes from the Cape on the north side. It was still too high for us to see with the naked eye, so we turned on the TV for the landing.

cindi
11-07-2007, 11:06 PM
df's dad lives on Merritt Island and has seen the shuttle land before..I love the thought of seeing it!
I live in Maine & we are one of the few places that is a back up site for the shuttle to land if it can't land in Florida..our run way is very very long..I wonder if it will ever land here.
:)

ChristyR
11-08-2007, 12:37 PM
I heard the sonic boom, it was awesome I don't think i have ever heard that before. I first heard the boom and thought with all this wind we have been having that it was a tree limb falling on my roof or a transfromer blowing up in the area. I went outside and my neighbor told me that was what it was. I then turned on the tv and seen it landing. It was very cool i wish i could have seen it in the air, but hearing it was awesome as well. :)