PDA

View Full Version : My recipe for Potato Soup

workin4stamps
11-11-2007, 11:12 AM
I made this for dinner last night. It is actually my mother in law's recipe. I copied it from her! It's not really a "recipe"...I just throw stuff in! It's really good, and it makes a BIG pot. We will eat off of it for days.

Pour 1 Bag of frozen Hash Brown Potatoes (the little cubed kind...I used 32 oz bag) into a large pot. Barely cover with water. Don't put in too much as you can always add more. Add in a chicken boullion cube. Sprinkle in some parsley flakes, dried onion flakes, and salt and pepper. Boil until potatoes are tender. I start smashing up the potatoes at this point so the water gets thick. I like to add little dumplings to my potato soup, so I mix 1 or 2 eggs in a bowl with some flour (and a little salt and pepper) until it's a dough. Then I drop by little bits into the water. Let cook just a few minutes. Then I throw in a bunch of cheese. My husband usually follows behind me and throws in MORE cheese. Then I add some ham chunks. I let it cook for a few minutes and taste it. I usually have to add a bunch of salt and pepper. If the soup is too thick, you can add some water. If it's too thin, I add some flour that I mixed with water into it to thicken it up. Just a tablespoon or so at a time.

That's it!! It's a great soup!! And so easy. Not Weight Watchers friendly though. Love to make this in the fall/winter. It's comfort food!!

:-)
Traci

Nancy
11-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Have to try this - Nancy

mydogstinks2
11-11-2007, 12:38 PM
sounds yummy! I have never made it with the frozen potatoes. I always peel and cut up my potatoes. Next time I'm trying this way.

ChristyR
11-11-2007, 02:54 PM
sounds yummy to me i will have to try this out TFS :)

Robinkay
11-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Wow Traci that sounds good. I will have to make that this week. YUM! I love potatoes! I love cheese too! Great combo!