PDA

View Full Version : Need some advise.

Trapedinga
11-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Tommorrow I get to sit at the hospital ALL DAY while DH has knee surgery. To keep myself occupied I thought I would work on some Christmas cards and maybe some others. Now what I need help with is this. What should I take? I know I can't emboss so that's out. I have my Prismas to do some coloring and my addresses to start addressing my envelopes and maybe my small paper cutter. What else?:confused:
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have most everything and Michael's IS just down the road and I have coupons and a $50 gift card.

cindi
11-12-2007, 04:39 PM
I try to bring card kits..every thing I need in the kit for the cards I'm making. I stamp my images ahead of time a lot..then color them later. I bring all ribbon , brdads, ect that I'll need for those cards. So when I spend the night in Lincoln o I usually take 3 or 4 kits with me. Does that help at all?
:)

Fief14
11-12-2007, 04:51 PM
What about any paper punches that you mich want to use? AND if you are going to bring your paper trimmer, better bring adhesive too, that way you can start piecing together layers etc.

teabear
11-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Stamps and return address labels to finish getting your envies ready. A bottle of water, snacks and a couple of mags for when you need a break. Best wishes for a good surgery and speedy recovery for you hubby.

tesschap
11-12-2007, 07:06 PM
I'd get all of the envies addressed first.

I'm in Atlanta for the week for work. I stamped three different images about 20 times each and brought my markers to color them on the plane and during down time in my hotel room. I didn't want to bring too much and if I can get them colored this week I'll be so far ahead of the game. I can assemble, cut, etc., when I get back home.

Good luck to your hubby.

Trapedinga
11-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Thanks all, all the ideas are great. I've stamped some images and embossed others so I can at least get them colored. I really like the card kit idea,but as usual I've waited until the last minute to get started. Worked the last 8 days to get these next couple off. Plus other major drama going on that I won't bore you with.
Teresa, if you're in Atlanta you're only 2 hours away. To bad we couldn't connect. Bad timing.:(
Thanks for the well wishes for hubby, he's such a big baby. Has to stay a couple of days and then comes home to drive me crazy. Thank goodness for work, at least I can get away. Or I could ship him over to his mother's.LOL
I'll check in from time to time and let ya'll know how he's doing.

tesschap
11-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Oh darn. I've been here since 3pm and am bored! Most trainings are jam packed with dinners, homework, etc. but I learned this afternoon that this training is 8:30 - 5pm and we're on our own in the evening. I need to see if I can find any stamp shops near the hotel. Maybe I'll get to take a mini shopping trip one of these nights!

Good luck with DH. I know what a terrible patient mine always is :)