PDA

View Full Version : DH cannot stand Tudi, our new 18 month old puppy

iloveflipflops
11-13-2007, 05:12 PM
and I have no idea what we're going to do. She is a really good puppy. Has an occasional accident in the house and I do mean occasional (like when I am not home and he is not watching her properly!). He hates this puppy stage. She loves to run in the house, she loves to play with Ladybug. DH hates it all.

I am just hoping he gets over it and Tudi will calm down around 3 yo like Ladybug did....

I can't get rid of my Tudi.... she is such a loving doggy!!

Paula Carden
11-13-2007, 05:22 PM
keep the dog, trade the husband (haha) not really. I bet she will calm down after she is 1-2 years old. I love when they run and play and are so happy all the time.

cindi
11-13-2007, 05:41 PM
dh has to go!
lol
I'm sure she will calm down when she's out of puppy hood...poor girl can't help it, she's just a babe! Hopefully dh can put up with it until then.
she's so cute..how can he not love her?
:)

stampcrazyjulie
11-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Oh, no! OK, I too think DH needs to go, I mean it's either Him or the Dog, right?! :) Nah...JK! :)

I sure hope things settle down soon so DH doesn't make you get rid of her! I had a Lab Daisy that was a wild little Girl, and everybody kept telling me that she would settle down once she got to be a few years old.....my DH finally made me find a new Home for her when she started jumping our fence & jumping into people's cars across the street at the local Church.....:(

Maybe you need to have a talk with Tudi and tell her to be extra good around Daddy! :)

mydogstinks2
11-13-2007, 06:38 PM
We have the same troubles with Little Bit she is to much puppy sometimes.

I'm sure she will out grow it and DH will be just as happy with her.

tojoco
11-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Oh no, what's up with these men? My DH claims he doesn't like Reba (we've had her for about 12 years now) but when no one is looking he is petting on her and talking doggie talk to her. I'm sure your DH will GET OVER IT!!! You can't get rid of Tudi.

iloveflipflops
11-13-2007, 08:03 PM
My feelings exactly!! M-E-N!!! (shouting loudly) lol

workin4stamps
11-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Charlie is such a whiner. He didn't like North Carolina either, remember?? But you STILL live there!!!

Tell him to put on his big girl panties and deal with it!!!!

hahaha!!!

Traci

My3Ds
11-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Gosh. I'm sorry to hear that he doesn't like Tudi. You can't get rid of her now.

Robinkay
11-13-2007, 08:47 PM
I use a crate for Hazel...
I hope no one thinks that I am cruel to my sweet Hazel BUT if I am not home or really can't keep an eye on her I put her in a crate(cage) I think now that she is older I could leave her out and I wouldnt have a problem BUT anyroad...She loves her cage. She really does, If I am cooking or doing something where I can't pay attention to her she will go in there and lay down. You can ask Chris...I have a perfect dog! :+)

I hope he get over it...she is such a sweetie!

iloveflipflops
11-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Tudi has a crate too!!! Charlie STILL hates NC so I guess I will just ignore him. HA HA

ellie
11-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Men are funny sometimes. I know Rich really could have cared less if we had a dog or not. Now he plays with her more than I do!!! Hopefully, LB will calm down and dh will adjust.

teabear
11-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Poor Tudi...she is such an adorable girl. I don't care much for the puppy stage, so I understand the frustration with the potty training issues. Love my girls(dogs), though.