PDA

View Full Version : Markers are great -- but markers WITH pencils are better!

directmailscrapper
11-13-2007, 07:14 PM
I really enjoyed coloring the cornecopia I used to make a Thanksgiving card for my Mom. First I colored the image with markers (yes, I used Copics AND Prismacolor markers) -- I love the intense color. Then I used my Prismacolor pencils and added depth and shading. I decided to make another one. After I used the markers, I was compared the two and decided to share. Here are both images -- one with the depth and shading, one without. Subtle, but I think it makes a huge difference! And by combining the markers with the pencils, it doesn't take as long to get the stronger colors.

What do you think?

jazzypurple853
11-13-2007, 07:47 PM
That is really pretty. I love the colors!

hutchink
11-13-2007, 07:51 PM
I could not agree more with you Nancy! That is what I do most of the time!

Paula Carden
11-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Both are great- The markers are intense which I like.
I have never used copic- I have only a few colors in Prisma pens, have the pencils which I enjoy.
This is one terrific card you made-your mom will love it- You could frame it is so great!!

GSMom385
11-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I just took the plunge into the prisma and copic marker world. I have tons of zip pens, but I totally love the copic the best just hate the price. the prisma seems to be sort of the best of both world, cheaper, yet intense color, however I wish they had that brush tip, I find it so much easier to work with.

Christie
11-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Oh I defintaley think that it makes a big difference. It really looks great with both of them combined.

ellie
11-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Very pretty Nancy! It's funny, I color with pencils first and then do the markers...maybe I should try it the other way around!

scrappinnuts
11-13-2007, 11:10 PM
I love your examples... I have the primas...pencils and pens...no copics..yet... but I truly can see a huge difference in the intense colors...love the card...great job.

Paula Carden
11-14-2007, 06:50 AM
I just looked at the Copic Website-they are expensive- Where do you buy them-Michaels, AC Moore- 5.95 each and can't even begin to talk about 200-400.00+ for a set. I did notice that they are refillable and you can change the nibs too. So really it is an investment for life if you want. Probably not such a bad deal considering Tombow's are nearly 3.00 and will run out of ink after a while.
Okay if I am at store where they sell them I may have to try a couple of my fav colors.

ccstampin12
11-14-2007, 07:52 AM
WOW!
That is a big difference. They are both nice, but the one you used on the card really pops!
Joanie

threefriends91
11-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Wow Nancy, what a difference, l love the Prismacolor pencils there is a big difference. You did a great job on these pic. l am only beginning to get stock for my craft cards, so thanks for the info, you saved me lots of money. Now l know what to ask my hb for Christmas, he asked me to give him a list l'll add these on it LOL

teabear
11-14-2007, 10:20 AM
You are the queen of coloring, Nancy. I love the before and after pics. It really makes a huge difference with the pencils.

Deborah
11-22-2007, 10:47 PM
They're both just lovely Nancy. I'm the odd gal out though.:eek: I like the softer one better. :cute: I enjoy ALL your colouring though!

Nancy
11-23-2007, 10:13 AM
That is a great job of coloring. - nancy