PDA

View Full Version : I just want to share a little about our leaves

emmcee
11-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Our leaves are still very pretty, even though it is kind of late in the season. Last night we had rain, and the rain removed the dust from the leaves. This morning driving to work (I live at the foot of a small mountain) the leaves on the trees are still so vibrant. Noticeable enough that Laura called me to remark on the leaves. So we still have color around here. Thanks be to God for the rain and only His paintbrushes & color palettes can make these trees look so gold & red & orange. I wish they would stay like this until Thanksgiving.

Have a good day y'all.:)

Christie
11-15-2007, 08:45 AM
I don't want to sound like a sap but........... I love to hear when people can take time to look at how pretty the world around us is. I don't think enough people take time to stop and look at the sunset, look at the flowers blooming, or the leaves changing colors. We have so many beautiful things in this world and i just wish people would notice them more!! Ok, enough of me being a sap! I envy those who have beautiful changing leaves. We have mainly evergreens here, so no changing colors.

My3Ds
11-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Our leaves are just hitting the peak - brilliant oranges and reds. Right now it is starting to rain and is almost black out. Expecting a lot of wind too. I hope the leaves hang in there for a few more days.

teabear
11-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Oh, it sounds so lovely. Our fall color is at it's peak right now, too. Pinks in the dogwood leaves and golden yellows in our live oak trees. The pines stay their pretty dark green.

iloveflipflops
11-15-2007, 01:52 PM
The leaves are so pretty right now here too. I was beginning to wonder if we had sklpped the pretty colors and were going straight to winter but the last 2 days have been breathtaking. I took my camera with me when i went to DD and the stamp store and I pulled over 3 times to take a photo. DH says i am crazy but in FL we didn't have this so I love fall leaves :).

emmcee
11-15-2007, 02:26 PM
I love the fall leaves, and had to go home at lunch and the wind has knocked some off the trees, but they are still gorgeous. Your pics are nice.

MidwestStamper
11-15-2007, 04:49 PM
I just commented under Sherri's Fall pictures about how most of the leaves are off of the trees around me-- BUT we did have an incredible month of October! I kind of felt that it was God's gift to me for my 50th Birthday in October!

We had so many days with the crisp blue skies and wonderful colors--I was walking around like a fool, mouth open, in wonder and joy over those fall colors!