PDA

View Full Version : So listen to this????

ChristyR
11-15-2007, 01:58 PM
I got a Michaels coupon for 50% off from ERIN (thank you so much) and I am all ready to go and buy the Cuttlebug on Saturday from Joanns and they tell me that since Cuttlebug is made by Cricut the coupon states NO Cricut Merchandise. :( I am soo bummed I know you gals have used the coupons before on this machine so I don't understand why not now. I mean I am not planning on going in there buying the $200 cricut machine I only want the little bug for $89. :( hmmm hear me pout :(

I know AC Moore has there bugs on sale this week for 40% off so if all else fails I can go and get theres but i really wanted to use my GC to Joanns

Thanks for "listening" to me vent :)

Christie
11-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Maybe you should try it and see. Can't hurt anything.

IMBlessed5
11-15-2007, 02:16 PM
A lot of people have run in to that problem. What you have to do is "educate" them! Cuttlebug and Cricuit are both made by ProvoCraft. They are two different products made by the same company - ProvoCraft! No where on their coupons does it say "ProvoCraft excluded". I did that and was able to use a coupon for mine! :D

ChristyR
11-15-2007, 02:25 PM
sweet Vicki I didn't know that, I was going to just go in there and attempt it any Christie but now that I am EDUCATED Vickie I will just have to go and EDUCATE THEM ;) Maybe I should copy your script. :) hehehe

i feel much better now :) thanks I was so frustrated after speaking with them on the phone since i KNOW all of you had used your coupon.

thanks again I am sooo going to go in there and ACT like I know what I am talking about :)

Patty
11-15-2007, 02:31 PM
You go girl!!! The squeaky wheel gets the grease!!

Christie
11-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Hey that's a smart plan!!! Try the coupon first then if they say no then educate them!!! Let us know how it turns out.

ChristyR
11-15-2007, 02:35 PM
I sure will, I am soo excited and IMPATIENT :) but to save a few extra bucks i guess i can 2 more days. :)

Erin K
11-15-2007, 03:10 PM
I know a lot of people are using it. I sure hope they let you. If not that's pooop!

If not you should try very hard to wait until it goes on sale at Joannes 40% off and get it with your GC. I mean if you can stand to wait...

My3Ds
11-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Vicki you are very smart. Good luck Christie. I got mine at M's with a 40% coupon since I don't have a J's here.

flyingflower
11-15-2007, 04:05 PM
you go girl!

patg
11-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Go for it Christy! I'm rooting for you! Pat

scrappinnuts
11-15-2007, 05:01 PM
I just used a Joann's Coupon at Michaels to buy the Cuddlebug...because Joann's had them for 89 and Michaels 79...and Joann's refused to do a price comparision...they missed out on the sale...

maxiesmom
11-15-2007, 05:28 PM
I just used a Joann's Coupon at Michaels to buy the Cuddlebug...because Joann's had them for 89 and Michaels 79...and Joann's refused to do a price comparision...they missed out on the sale...

Same here, although I didn't try to get a price break, Michaels' is closer to my house! I used a J's coupon at Mike's and had no problem. You are NOT purchasing a Cricut NOR any of it's accessories, the Bug is a totally different product. Like Vickie said, just cause ProvoCraft made it doesn't make it the same thing! I am deputizing you with a dose of my assertiveness, ok so it's really bitchiness but who's gonna quibble about it! :laugh:

stampinmom3
11-15-2007, 05:50 PM
I did use my coupon at A.C. Moore. But that was earlier in the year and mine said no cricut specifically, so that is how I got to use it. Good Luck.

mahodgman
11-15-2007, 08:32 PM
I totally used a coupon on my Cuttlebug at Js! Stand your ground girl!

ChristyR
11-15-2007, 09:20 PM
I sure will stand up to them about this, it is ridiculous if they fight me on it. I am kinda excited about going there on saturday I feel like I am going to battle. I am sooo going to "EDUCATE" them :) hehehehe Thanks girls :)

IMBlessed5
11-15-2007, 11:30 PM
KEWL! Let us know how it goes, I know you will! Sometimes you just gotta give a little educational smack in the forehead! ;)

directmailscrapper
11-15-2007, 11:34 PM
Maybe a different clerk will be all you need. I'd go to the Provocraft website and print out a page that shows them as different products. Good luck! You need to save $$ to buy more stamps!

Far North
11-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Yes, knowing some the "other" products made by Provo craft can also be helpful. If the clerk continues disagree with you just ask to talk to a supervisor and educate them too if needed.

Erin K
11-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Make sure you talk to a manager if a clerk says no.

once at YOUR Joannes (cuz it's mine too) a manager told me that we can use two coupons in one transaction if it's one from J's and one from a competitor. I told her I thought that depended on who rang you up, she said it should NOT and if anyone gives a hard time to get the manager. So I think they know they have some coupon freak working there.

tesschap
11-16-2007, 05:41 AM
This is how I bought my CB and the cashier never questioned me.

Good luck.

ChristyR
11-16-2007, 04:02 PM
thanks ladies I am going in the morning and I am not going to say anything unless they try to stop me... LET THEM TRY .... I am going to be so well educated when I go in there.. BRING IT ON :)

mydogstinks2
11-16-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm sorry but I used my coupon on it no problem. It is NOT a cricut product! In no way can it be used with the cricut machine. It is made by the same company but they also make a TON of stuff!