PDA

View Full Version : Update on 'Bella and hello

inkinupstamps
11-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Just stopping in to say hi and for those who've asked about 'Bella I wanted to give you an update on her.

'Bella will have surgery next Tuesday on her leg for repairs to her knee and I have spent so much time researching. It is invasive and requires some chistling into the tibia bone below the patella to realign things in her leg. She has what is called a luxating patella. Her vet said that while the xrays will point them in the right decision during surgery and direction as to how to "chisel", he won't know until he gets inside how damaged and how much work to realign it will be. She will not be able to bear weight on her leg post surgery for a few days and then for the next 6 weeks very, very minimal pressure. She's a big dog (130 lbs) and that weight feels like a ton if you try to move her. I don't imagine she's going to feel much like moving about too much at first but Gabe will be worried and too playful so he'll be a handful to keep busy and occupied and leave her alone to rest.

We've been reading and studying so MUCH vet med lately. I've learned a lot and about Newfoundlands and their physiology in general.

So if you have time, next Tuesday say a little prayer for skilled surgeon hands. She'll have to have her other leg done too at some point but the right is much worse than the left right now and we can only do one at a time, besides recovery with two out of commission hind legs would be very difficult for her.

Just wanted to say hello and check out the gallery for what you creative ladies have been up to.

tojoco
11-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Oh, Jennifer, that poor Bella. Is she limping a lot because of this? You know we'll be thinking about her and praying that all will be well through and after the surgery. I know that it will be tough on you too so my thoughts will also be with you. Let us know if you need to talk or write. We'll all be here for a little boost until Bella is back to her ole self.

cindi
11-15-2007, 07:58 PM
so nice to see you post.
I'm sorry Bella is having leg troubles..poor girl!
I will certainly say a prayer for her!
keep us posted, please
hugs, Cindi

mahodgman
11-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Poor baby, thanks for the update!

GrammaStamper
11-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Jennifer, I'm so sorry to hear about Bella's troubles. I feel for her and will definitely be thinking of you all next Tuesday. I must have missed the original post about this 'cause it came as a total surprise to me just now. Hugs to you and Bella.

Christie
11-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Oh poor Bella. I hate it when our pets are in pain and have to have surgery. It's hard because you can't explain to them that it's helping them. I will keep her in my thoughts. Give her a big kiss and hug from me!

maxiesmom
11-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Oh Jennifer, I am so sorry to hear Miss Bella is going to have surgery. Lots of super size hugs and prayers going out for her.

Trapedinga
11-16-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm so sorry Bella is in such pain. I'll be thinking of her next Tuesday. If nothing else ship her down here to recooperate whith my DH, they would make a fine couple.LOL. Good luck to her and in keeping Gabe from tormenting her to much.
Georgia May sends big wags to them both.
Donna

patg
11-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Poor Bella and poor you! That doesn't sound like fun at all! Hugs to you and to Bella. Well here's to speedy recovery! Pat

ccstampin12
11-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Oh, Jennifer!
So sorry to hear of this. I will be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way on Tuesday and after during the recuperation times.
HUGS
Joanie

Sherry
11-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Oh Jennifer.

I will definitely be saying a little prayer for Bella and will be hoping for a speedy recovery. You'll have to give her extra love and kisses during her convalescence period.

You'll have to be sure to update us!

iloveflipflops
11-20-2007, 08:45 AM
Is today the day Jennifer? Big hugs coming your way!! Let us know how Bella does.