PDA

View Full Version : DreamKuts - love it or hate it?

1of2shoes
11-18-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm thinking of getting a Zutter Dreamkuts (http://binditall.com/). I'm tired of cutting my 8.5x11 paper on the papercutter. They sell for around $90 new.

Please answer the poll and post your comments below.

P.S. If you have one for sale, let me know. ;)

Paula Carden
11-19-2007, 05:45 AM
It is at the top of Xmas list this year. I was wondering the same thing- it seems that it would give you better cuts. I really have a fetish about my paper being even-no matter which of the cutters I have used-it is still hard to get nice straight cuts.

directmailscrapper
11-19-2007, 10:52 AM
I am not familiar with this cutter at all -- which is surprising because if you looked in my crafting room -- you would be convinced that I OWN every cutter ever made! I would love to learn from your experience, Debbie and Paula! :-) After all, I have a birthday coming up (in about 9 months...)

GrammaStamper
11-19-2007, 10:57 AM
I think Chris / stinkydog2 has one which she bought at MOA. I think, not sure. Hopefully she will have something to say about it later today.

cindi
11-19-2007, 05:55 PM
have never tried one....but
I love your hair!!!
LOL
thanks for adding that one on there
:)

Paula Carden
11-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Debbie-it looks as if your hair is about to catch up with the "no" in this poll-by the way I like your hair too.

GrammaStamper
11-19-2007, 08:40 PM
I watched the video on Dreamkutz and now it's on my list of MUST HAVES! Thanks, Debbie.

workin4stamps
11-19-2007, 09:47 PM
I saw a demo on this product at MOA....plus Chris gave me her own little demo too. For me, I just couldn't see it being that useful.It It only cuts your paper like in half or in thirds or something like that. So you can't be specific and say..."I want a piece of paper cut 2"x8"---I don't think it does that. It has so many predetermined sizes you can cut a piece of paper....but you can't pick just ANY size.

At least that was my understanding of it.... someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

So for what it costs, I just couldn't see it being worth it. I don't want to spend that much money on something that I would basically use to just cut paper in half.

Hopefully Chris will pop in here and tell us how she likes hers!

:-)
Traci

1of2shoes
11-19-2007, 11:27 PM
My friend has one of these thingamajiggers and she showed me that yes, it essentially cuts paper in half. There are other ways to cut 12x12 paper into various sizes by adjusting where you put the paper in, but I'm ok with that. I know $90 is expensive for a paper cutter, but I am buying this for ME for my birthday. I'll keep you posted on this thang.

Chris, any comments from you? Tell me about your DK.

threefriends91
11-19-2007, 11:49 PM
l have never heard of this Debbie, But l don't think it would be best for me, as l have not gotten into binding yet. However one never knows what's down the road. So with that said thanks for sharing