PDA

View Full Version : Can someone push this black cloud that is hovering over me?

tesschap
11-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Ugh! I am firstly grateful that everyone is ok but here's the latest bit of excitement in the Chapman household ...

Evan took our nephew Eric to Buffalo yesterday for the Bills/Patriots game. The game time was changed from 1pm to 8pm last week as the game was the NFL game of the week. We live 6 hours (if you drive fast) from Buffalo but Evan figured he only has two work days this week andthey slept late on Sunday so he could handle work today with minimal sleep. They are both Patriots fans and most normal people would have left the game early (especially with a six hour drive ahead of them) as it was a 56-10 Patriots blowout but not Evan and Eric. They stayed until the final whistle blew! I never sleep well when he's driving back from these games so I slept on the couch and Evan called at Midnight on the dot to tell me that they had been in an accident. Everyone was fine - thankfully - and as it turns out Evan was stopped in traffic and someone rear ended him. The police came and Evan said he'd call me back once they were on the road. He finally called a little after 1 AM to say they were on the road. Evan had made the decision by then to take today off work but he ignored my suggestion to get a hotel and drive home today. They did stop at a rest area for a power nap and arrived home at 630 this morning. I still haven't been brave enough to look at my car but DH said the bumper is totally damaged. Oh - I think that I failed to mention that DH told Evan (without asking me) that he could drive my car to the game as its better on gas! I spent this morning on the phone with our insurance company and an adjuster is coming out within six hours. We have a $500 deductable which we will eventually get back as the accident was documented as being the fault of the other driver. The kicker is that the gentleman was from Canada and our insurance company is not sure how international claims are handled!

I am so tired today and have tons of work to catch up on after being away all last week - not to mention the house prep for the photo shoot and thinking about Thanksgiving dinner!

I really need a strong wind to blow through and carry this black cloud away!

Sorry to rant again today!

ccstampin12
11-19-2007, 12:13 PM
I'll HUFF!
And I'll PUFF!
And I'll BLOW it away!
You definitely need a break from all this!
HUGS
Joanie

threefriends91
11-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Oh Teresa, You sure had your hands full, my heart hurts for you. l will pray that the guy will pay for the damage. l'm glad everyone was safe. keep us up-dated on the claim.

Firecracker
11-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi Teresa, I'm blowing. I do hope the guy that hit your car will pay for the accident. This can be so frustrating. I'm sending happy thoughts your way. Hugs, Heather

logcabincreations
11-19-2007, 01:02 PM
wow...you need a vacation. Sending good thoughts, hugs and prayers your way that things will calm down.

tesschap
11-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks - you are all so wonderful. I appreciate your kind words. I am on vacation after Wednesday until December 3rd and I really need it! DH is on the second week of his two weeks off. He hunted this morning and came home to get our nephew to hunt with him this afternoon. He knows I'm just about at my boiling point so he suggested take out for dinner tonight and has offered to help me get the house ready for the photo shoot. The appraiser was already here for the car and according to his accessment he damages will be a little under $1000. I have to take the car to a local body shop this week and get their estimate, which the appraiser mentioned usually results in some undisclosed damages. Our insurance company said we will get our $500.00 deductable back but it can take 3-6 months. I know it could have been much worse but I'm tired from lack of sleep so I'm a little more emotional about it!

My3Ds
11-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Teresa - big hug coming you way. ((((((((( ))))))))

iloveflipflops
11-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Gosh when it rains it pours. First, thank god everyone is ok. But I know this doesn't make it much better. I hope you get your car all fixed soon ... and life can calm down for you to enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday.

midnitecreations
11-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Ah, Teresa, sorry you're having such a tough time this past week. I'll add all my huffing and puffing your way, and perhaps a good stiff wind will take your problems away. here's praying for the best and hoping that you'll have a terrific thanksgiving.

directmailscrapper
11-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Teresa, I always say it is a true blessing every time you have an accident where no one is hurt. After all, statistically, accidents are going to happen -- so if you have one with no injuries -- you should be off the hook! I'm sorry you are having such a sh*tty week!

GrammaStamper
11-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Teresa, so sorry you're having such a difficult time at the moment. I hope things improve soon.

As for the insurance company, if your carrier is a well know insurance company such as Allstate, State Farm, etc., your adjuster should refer your claim to the Canadian office closest to where the 'at fault' guy lives. The Canadian office will pursue it from here and there shouldn't be any problem. If there is, don't hesitate to start at the top when complaining. Go straight to the President of the company because as we all know, Sh@t flows downhill, and fast!

Kreative Dryve
11-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Goodness, I am glad everyone is okay.
I am hoping you get some sunshine soon. ~MJ

Paula Carden
11-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Thank goodness it was only the car with damage-I am sure the nephew will have good stories to tell when he returns home.
Don't worry about the house, when everyone gets there it will be a mess anyway and just be specific with the photographer about what he can take pictures of-afterall, you are a working woman, something has to go-we can't be all to everyone- that is my new motto!!

Nancy
11-19-2007, 08:15 PM
I'll huff and puff and blow it all away. Good thoughts going your way. - Nancy

teabear
11-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Please send the wind my way after it blows away the clouds.

maxiesmom
11-19-2007, 11:00 PM
Oh geez are you kidding?? What the heck in going on there? Away with you, black cloud!! Be Gone! So sorry about your car, but thankful they were all ok.
Seriously, you NEED to have a better week after just these past couple days!
hugs!

mdcash
11-20-2007, 01:02 AM
Oh Teresa, I will be sending you good vibes.........keep your chin up. I too get very emotional when I am exhausted. Find a quiet spot (okay, so that might be a closet) and take a few deep breaths.

Hang in there girl!