PDA

View Full Version : Bella

inkinupstamps
11-20-2007, 09:00 AM
We just returned from taking 'Bella to the hospital where her surgery for Luxating Patella will commence at 10 a.m. Surgery is anticipated to take about 2 hours. Of course I'm crying my eyes out and worry about my big girl but the prognosis is that this should take care of her knee problems and she'll be able to walk and play with Gabe once she's healed.

Has anyone else encountered this type of surgery and knee problem with their giant breed dogs?

I just felt the need to come to y'all and ask for good and positive thoughts for my 'Bella. Yep, we really do love and worry about our big dogs as though they are our children. I shouldn't be crying because I know her doctor is good and skilled but all the same, I'm scared for her and for her long recovery ahead.

Of course we had a first major snowfall this morning so Paul and I are working on having clear areas (non slippery) so when she can go out it will be as safe as we can possibly make it. We are also building a ramp so she won't need to use the three steps on the deck. Gabe is THRILLED with seeing his first snowfall. He's been running and playing in it.

Anyway, sorry for the wordy post. I just needed to talk with people who understand how much love we feel for our pups.

threefriends91
11-20-2007, 09:07 AM
Oh Jennifer, l know how hard it is to worry over our pets, they are part of our family, l will be praying all will be well. My sister's dog had the same kind of Surgery and she said it was the best thing she could have done and her dog it doing so much better, running and playing like a kid. here's hugs and prayers to you.

teabear
11-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Of course you are worried about your girl. She is such a sweet dog. I hope it all goes smoothly and she is playing in the snow with Gabe soon. Hugs.

Jovi
11-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Jennifer we completely understand that your worried about Bella, she's your baby. I feel the same way about our fur baby. I'm sure everything will go smoothly and Bella will be playing in the snow with Gabe before winter's over.

Keep up posted, sending hugs.

JBgreendawn
11-20-2007, 10:32 AM
{{{ HUGS }}}
I am thinking of you all and will be checking in later after work for an update. I will ask my mom about this, i think i told you her dog is the same breed...

GrammaStamper
11-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Jennifer, here's a big hug for you and one for 'Bella too when she comes home. You'll both be in my thoughts throughout the next few days.

emmcee
11-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Sending positive thoughts to you, Paul, Bella & Gabe for Bella's healing surgery.

Your first snowfall! How lucky you are. It's supposed to be about 70 here today. But we're supposed to have rain & kind of cold for Thanksgiving, yeah!
I know I'm some kind of weirdo, however,.....the turkey smells better cooking when it's cold outside, that's my justification! LOL!

Building a ramp for Bella to use, how sweet and kind Paul is to think of something like that. :)

iloveflipflops
11-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Big hugs to you Jennifer. Poor Bella. I am sure she will be good as new once she is healed. You will definitely have your hands full during the recovery though.

logcabincreations
11-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Bless your heart! Praying Bella comes through the surgery fine.

Christie
11-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Jennifer I know excatly how you feel about your doggie babies, I feel the same away about mine. I know this is hard for you but just think how much better she is going to feel when she's all healed up! I remember when I had to take my dog in for surgery, I was so scared and I cried the entire day. In the end it all came out perfect! I know there aren't many words to comfort you but just have faith in the vet and I'm sure it's all going to go just fine! Keep us updated.