PDA

View Full Version : Little Idea: Do you have scraps galore.......

Kreative Dryve
11-20-2007, 07:12 PM
I am forever trying to organize my scraps. I used to just throw all of the little pieces in a large ice cream bucket, but that just made the situation worse. So the other day I took all the scraps, and put them into individual baggies cordinated by color (e.g. blues, pinks, yellows...). I know this sounds simple, but by-golly it works for me. Just thought I might share this little tid-bit, and maybe help the rest of you.
~MJ

Fief14
11-20-2007, 07:15 PM
This might be simple enough & might just work for me! What size baggies did you use?

ccstampin12
11-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Hmmmmm.
I'm liking this~
Joanie

cindi
11-20-2007, 07:24 PM
mine are in a big basket, and what a pain to look through all of them just see that I don't have any of the color I need!
lol
:)

directmailscrapper
11-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Ok, I get the part where they go INTO the baggies. The part I don't get is when they come OUT of the baggies???

logcabincreations
11-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Ok, I get the part where they go INTO the baggies. The part I don't get is when they come OUT of the baggies???
too funny....lol. I guess now they will be begging to come out of the bags saying "pick me, pick me". At least they will look more organized. Great idea!

Kreative Dryve
11-20-2007, 07:56 PM
I use sandwich size baggies, and then I put them back into the bucket. I am amazed how many scraps I have used now, since now they are colors cordinated, I need a little white piece for a tag, she-bang there it is!!
~MJ

stampinmom3
11-20-2007, 08:31 PM
What a good idea. I was just thinking that my scrap basket is about to blow up if I don't do something soon.

teabear
11-20-2007, 10:38 PM
That's how I sort my scraps and it's wonderful. I use quart size ziplocs and I use them so much. I keep the ziplocs in an old gym locker basket. I sort my ribbons this way too in gallon ziplocs. I'm ashamed to say that I think I need 2 gallon size ziplocs. I'm a ribbon hog.

ellie
11-20-2007, 10:48 PM
I keep mine in 7X9 envelopes. I have used that system for years and it works for me. I think I will try the baggies though...they will probably hold up better than the envelopes.

Inkisallover
11-20-2007, 11:40 PM
Great idea! Mine are thrown into a box.

scraphappy908
11-21-2007, 08:06 AM
I've been doing the same thing for some time now. I also put patterned paper scraps in with the solid (by color of course). When I see there is a large accumulation of a certain color, I challenge myself to make some cards using that color. It's amazing what comes from these little scraps! Try it.
Amy

Christie
11-21-2007, 08:29 AM
I need something, mine are taking over everything, i've gotten to where i don't even keep most of them anymore. I'll have to try this out and see if it will work for me.

threefriends91
11-21-2007, 12:22 PM
This is a great idea, it's been a big pain for me going through my mess bucket, and takes so much time to find the right colour. Thanks, l think l'll use the quart size because l have lots, okay another job LOL