PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Woes!

tojoco
11-26-2006, 08:48 PM
How was everyone's weekend? I hope it was a lot better than mine. All I did was work, work and work some more. My house is a disaster, my refrigerator is completely empty, I have at least 6 loads of wash to do and a basket full of ironing, my bills aren't paid, my Christmas cards needs to be created and my out-of-state gifts need to be wrapped and shipped.

Calgon please take me away. Ok enough whining for me. Hope everyone had a fun weekend.:nod: :nod:

cindi
11-26-2006, 08:56 PM
I have an excellent cheese! LOL Just kidding:wub:
Maybe I should come down and give you a pedicure and a facial to relax you!!
my hats off to you for surviving retail this weekend!:notworthy:
I hope you get some rest & get caught up.
:)

iloveflipflops
11-26-2006, 09:10 PM
Its 9 pm and i am just so glad ALMOST everyone is gone besides MIL. She leaves tomorrow at 9 am. Don't get me wrong, its been great having her here but I am tired. I haven't been on here all day.

My only flop for the weekend was my stuffing was too dry and since i don't eat it, oh well. My DS and I made rice krispy treats this morning and how we goofed those up, i have no idea. They were as hard as rocks after they cooled off. They went right into the trash. How can ANYONE mess up rice krispy treats!? YEP, ME!!! ha ha Oh well.

GrammaStamper
11-26-2006, 09:30 PM
Joanne, so glad you survived the weekend. It sounded like retail in the USA was riotous. Take a break tomorrow, if you can, and just breathe!

Sherri, blame the rice krispy treats on DS. He's young and will get over it! LOL! I once made strawberry shortcakes using Bisquick and when dropped on the floor, the floor cracked. LOL! Mind you, I was a newly wed and didn't even know when a kettle was boiling without looking in the spout for bubbles. Trust me, that's dangerous!

inkinupstamps
11-26-2006, 10:56 PM
After the weekend you've had, I don't think even Calgon could take you away. Hope you can rest a bit tomorrow. How 'bout instead of grocery shopping you just call out for pizza!

Take care, stay home and craft! That is my Rx for your recovery! :cute:

jdpisces
11-26-2006, 11:09 PM
Oh Joanne! I hope you get to rest a little this week. Retail is a tough job this time of year. I never really got why malls were opened so late. I mean if people can't get to the mall before 9, I think there are other problems involved. :D

Take it easy tomorrow, if you can.

Julie

teabear
11-27-2006, 03:50 AM
I went out to do a bit of shopping and I took an extra minute to tell each person who helped me thank you and I hope they had a great holiday season :) Just trying to spread a bit of cheer to all that had to work this long weekend. I'm sure by today the rope is getting frayed and the knot you are hanging on to is coming loose. Hang in there, and rest when you can.