PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelor finale

IMBlessed5
11-21-2007, 02:18 PM
I only caught a couple episodes this season, and I'm not generally a fan of this show, but reading online about how it ended was kinda interesting. So I watched the "After the final rose" show last night where the last two girls come back and meet the Bachelor for the first time since they finished taping.

Well, in case you missed it - generally the bachelor will propose to one of the final two girls, and send the other one home. BUT, this season the bachelor (Brad) sent BOTH girls home! There was so much tension, unanswered questions, awkwardness, etc last night. Did anyone watch?

What do you think about this? Does it make you mad at Brad? Or do you feel sorry for him that he struggled so much trying to force himself to fall in love?

logcabincreations
11-21-2007, 02:33 PM
I watched it Vicky, and I was crying along with the second girl who really fell in love with Brad (her name was Deeonna or something like that.) Brad should have said "6 weeks isn't long enough to really get to know someone...or.....we need more time and I'm willing to continue the relationship" instead of saying a bunch of nonsense. I was a little p.o.'d at him. He was talking out of both sides of his mouth.....very fidgety.

cindi
11-21-2007, 03:02 PM
for any man thats had how many? baeutiful girls willing to so whatever he wants!
oh poor guy!
I feel sorry for the girls that actually start to care for him.
good thing I don't watch it, huh? lol
:)

Darleneh710
11-21-2007, 03:36 PM
I used to watch this in the beginning when it first came out years ago, but I couldn't understand how all these girls fall all over about this guy they dont even know. I honestly thought it would be cool to go and do it, but not get so involved in all of it..there was a girl a couple seasons ago that was so emotional over it and I really dont understand how you get so jealous over someone you just met...that's just me lol..but it is good entertainment..

IMBlessed5
11-21-2007, 03:42 PM
On last night's show, I cried during the tribute to Jenni's grandma who had passed away since the taping ended. They had showed her quite a bit on the episode where Brad went to meet Jenni's family. But the tribute was so sad!

I'll be honest, I can't decide whether to be mad at Brad or feel sorry for him. I really do think he needs counseling which he admitted to last night and said he's ready to start working on his "issues". My whole problem is how in the world did he get the role of "Bachelor" in the first place! But I also agree with DeAnna's idea about the fact he could have said "I can't propose but lets continue and see where this goes". He SAYS that wouldn't have been fair to her if he couldn't make any promises, but I don't fall for that. I think there a lot more going on with him that was never brought out.

Darleneh710
11-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Wow..hearing all this drama makes me wish I had watched it!

logcabincreations
11-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Yes I agree he needs counseling. I wonder though if this whole season wasn't a hoax by the show and they chose him knowing he wouldn't pick either girl at the end??? I wonder how much he was paid? He shouldn't have led them on the way he did. While I did feel some sympathy for him last night, I felt more for the girls.

IMBlessed5
11-21-2007, 06:44 PM
I completely agree with you! More sympathy for the girls but still some for Brad. And I actually thought the same thing - wonder if this whole thing was staged for the drama? I noticed how he walked away for a few seconds before telling DeAnna that he had to tell her goodbye. Wondered if that's not really what he wanted to tell her but maybe had to if it was all set up ahead of time? And he was struggling for that reason? Just crazy speculation, and if it's true - it's too cruel to gamble with people's feelings like that! But then that's the nature of reality TV, LOL!

maxiesmom
11-21-2007, 09:36 PM
I used to watch this in the beginning when it first came out years ago, but I couldn't understand how all these girls fall all over about this guy they dont even know. I honestly thought it would be cool to go and do it, but not get so involved in all of it..there was a girl a couple seasons ago that was so emotional over it and I really dont understand how you get so jealous over someone you just met...that's just me lol..but it is good entertainment..

I never watch this, but on the morning radio show I listen to they talk about it every week so I almost feel like I do. I agree with you Darlene, I always wonder how do these girls feel like they have so much of an emotional investment in this or that they are SO in love with these guys that they have known for a few weeks in most of the cases. Even the finalists, hello, you've known him less than 2 months?
What's up with that? And don't they realize that out of all the girls he's only gonna pick ONE! And they are sure it's gonna be them? I don't get it either!