PDA

View Full Version : If I could make a request for those serving our country

Vintagegal
11-22-2007, 03:00 PM
My brother, who some of you know is in the US Navy, is spending Thanksgiving in the Middle East or East Africa. I don't even know exactly where because of the nature of his job. He's not coming back to the US until days just before Christmas (and even that is 'iffy'.)

If I could ask a special prayer request for him and for all solders who are separated this Thanksgiving from loved ones. I pray that they are not in harm's way; that they are able to find even just a few moments of rest and enjoy the company of those who are serving alongside them.

I would appreciate this from the bottom of my heart.

hbpuppy
11-22-2007, 03:24 PM
God bless your brother and all those who are separated from their families as they serve our country. Thanks for the reminder Ethel.

threefriends91
11-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Ethel, it is an honour to add your brother to my list and for those solders who are away from home. l will also pray that he will be home for Christmas with you and your family. lt must be so hard on all of you, and my heart hurts for you and the many familys that are a part because of this *** war. Hugs to you keep praying l know prayer works.

Far North
11-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Of course Ethel! Jennifer's son Mathew is in Iraq. Do we have any other Shackie family members to remember?

jazzypurple853
11-22-2007, 05:19 PM
bless those serving our country

midnitecreations
11-22-2007, 05:23 PM
My DH is retired Navy. I've spent many a holidays seperated from him. My heart and prayers go out to your brother, your family and to those serving our nation. I know from experience how tough it is for those serving and the familie they leave behind. My prayers wing their way for them all.

jenn
11-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Do we have any other Shackie family members to remember?

My Husband is deployed to Iraq right now.
We miss him lots today! :(

cindi
11-22-2007, 06:48 PM
I pray for our soldiers daily and their familes everyday..it's a huge sacrifiece they make for us! I'll be sure to pray for ypur brother too..how are you and your family holding up?? I know it's hard for you, too
big hugs
Cindi