PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have the Cuttlebug?

teabear
11-27-2006, 01:40 PM
I saw this at Michael's over the weekend. I love the tag & ribbon slide dies and the card size embossing folders. I don't have any kind of die cut system and I think this is one I could really use for card making. Any thoughts?

directmailscrapper
11-27-2006, 02:13 PM
And I loved the dies that were available! But the clerk kept telling me she didn't know why any one would buy one when they could buy the Cricut instead. She wasn't trying to pressure me -- we were just chatting -- but she was soooooo sold on the Cricut! And I know I've seen the Cricut on sale somewhere -- where you received a free Cuttlebug machine with your purchase.

I have neither. I've not been interested in getting a Cricut -- but I must admit I'm starting to get interested.... I have Quickutz.

Nancy

lost luggage
11-27-2006, 02:34 PM
I am not sure either....

Joann's was running the 90$ rebate when you buy BOTH systems. I just watched the online video. The alphabet sets are the same price as the system itself. lol Some of the things they cut out in the video didn't look crisp and clean like I like them... I think for the limited amount of cutting I do, I would prefer a punch or two before I fork out the big bucks.

I don't have any of these parts or systems..I think the appeal of the Cuttlebug is that it allegedly works with all dyes?

iupindiana
11-27-2006, 03:04 PM
i bought several dies and embossing plates after i bought one and tried it with my sizzix. it worked really great and the embossing is outstanding. i don't think i will buy the cuddlebug set since i have so many sizzix dies. JoAnn

teabear
11-27-2006, 06:01 PM
I'm really not interested in spending big bucks for the cricut....I know I wouldn't use it enough, since I don't scrapbook. Also wondering what would happen if it broke and yada yada. I'm thinking Santa might bring me one if I'm really good :)

Alli
11-28-2006, 12:32 PM
I am such a die cutter ho, lol! I have just had the Cricut for my birthday, I have a Sizzix, Sidekick and Quickutz and I now have to have the Cuttlebug, lol! I can't justify the expense now, as it is SU Sell-a-Bration, but I bet I will have it before the Summer!
If I do, I will probably sell my Sizzix and Quickutz! :grin: