PDA

View Full Version : Birthday thanks and a Confession...

keltie
11-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Wow ! some people are so organized. I have received two birthday cards. Thanks to Sherri for the sweet card > It is so colorful. Love that cow. love it and it made me smile.
Thanks Stacy. Love the red and brown together. How did you do the flowers on the front? love the texture they give to the card.Thanks for thinking about me and I love the card.

Questions Questions Questions!
Have you heard of the birthday fairy? I haven't and I was wondering what powers they might have. If I don't do as they say , what happens . You see I received a big envelope filled with goodies, really nice goodies, Stamps, brads letters, Rub-ons and more. I know whose address is on the outside, but maybe she is just the middle woman .There is an envelope inside that says DO not open until Dec. 6. The birthday Fairy will know if you open it sooner. Well #1 How can I wait that long ?#2 How will they know and what happens?
It is killing me to not open it and just wait to see whose name might be inside. It is sitting here by my computer. What should i do??

Christie
11-29-2007, 02:13 PM
LOL! Poor Heather. I say you better wait becuase it might explode it if you open it sooner!

Boy mine will be late, I'm sorry. I just now looked at the calader for next month and being it takes a couple weeks to get stuff to you. You'll just have your birthday extended.

iloveflipflops
11-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Open it ... I couldn't wait that long. LOL

directmailscrapper
11-29-2007, 05:36 PM
You better wait. Who knows what will happen! Maybe none of the adhesives will stick -- or the ink will rub off! Who wants to take any chances????

keltie
11-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Sherri I think I like your idea, but it is a mystery.Sherry have you been to Halifax lately?ARE you letting people use your address? Hmmmm

patg
11-29-2007, 06:28 PM
Well I guess you'll have to wait Heather! I'm not sure if I can wait that long. Oh the suspense! Pat

loobylou
11-29-2007, 06:57 PM
I think whatever is inside must be so cute that you won't be able to resist using it and the fairy keeps a close eye on the gallery. Just open it, but don't post in the gallery till after your birthday. *wink*

keltie
11-30-2007, 06:54 AM
I have been wondering all night. Is it my SS? Is the person whose return address is clearly printed? Is it someone from where it was mailed? Is it a mystery person? Anyone want to share a little clue?

Paula Carden
11-30-2007, 07:01 AM
No clues from me, but I think I agree with Sherry-OPEN it. I could not wait that long either!

Far North
11-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Oh no Heather, if you open it Santa will know...Do you real-ly want to chance that?

keltie
11-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Does Santa know the birthday fairy?

JBgreendawn
11-30-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm sure that Santa Does Know the birthday fairy...

guess you really gotta wait,
:)

Nancy
11-30-2007, 10:17 AM
oPEN OPEN OPEN if you wish 3 times it will open by itself. (just pick at it and then my goodness it is open.+!!! - Not much help am I. - Nancy

Erin K
11-30-2007, 10:52 AM
You'd better wait.

I've gotten stuff from fairies too and never found out who it was. I think it's a very sneaky fairy.

A fairy that sneaky I'd not mess with... Better just wait, it's only a few days.

Far North
11-30-2007, 05:51 PM
"A southwest good witch" send me a halloween card and I it had no postmark, no sig, and no hints and all...but I am keeping that envie at my desk watching for that signature to reappear! LOL! It is great hen shackies create a little fun!

BUT NO PEEKing Heather!

Deborah
12-05-2007, 12:56 AM
Oooohhh maaaannn. :swoon:

Confession time.

You can all have a cackle at my expense.

Heather figured it out.

See, I'm her secret sister...well, I WAS her secret sister, but I lost my security clearance.

I worked so hard to keep it secret!

I posted the first envelope from just outside Ottawa, no return address, so I figured I was safe with THAT one.

For the second envelope, I even used Sherry's return address, chuckling to myself "hee hee hee she'll never know!"

So how did she know?

DUUUHHH!

Because I posted a card I'd createdf for her ON MY BLOG, believing she wasn't a blog-hopper, happily believing I was safe. :cute:

I wasn't.

She looked.

Now she knows.

I even sprinkled fairy dust in the envelope before I sent it, for extra insurance, and MAN that stuff is EXPENSIVE!

Don't buy it.

Doesn't work. :huh:

Signed: a "not-so-secret-sister-who-no-longer-believes-in-fairies" :wacko:

Deborah
12-05-2007, 12:57 AM
OH!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my great sister...at least I gave her CHUCKLES!

Deborah.

threefriends91
12-05-2007, 01:23 AM
Oh Heather, you better wait. you never know who is watching. Go shopping.... make cards... phone a friend to help you wait. LOL.

keltie
12-05-2007, 03:07 AM
I did open your card one day early , my birthday really is Dec,6 but since the shack calendar says the 5th , I opened it on the 5th. Read title change to hear the whole story or 2 posts up , is Deborah's side of the story.

keltie
12-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Have a look and see HeeHee

9 Hours Ago
Assistant Administator

View Deborah's Gallery

Oooohhh maaaannn.

Confession time.

You can all have a cackle at my expense.

Heather figured it out.

See, I'm her secret sister...well, I WAS her secret sister, but I lost my security clearance.

I worked so hard to keep it secret!

I posted the first envelope from just outside Ottawa, no return address, so I figured I was safe with THAT one.

For the second envelope, I even used Sherry's return address, chuckling to myself "hee hee hee she'll never know!"

So how did she know?

DUUUHHH!

Because I posted a card I'd createdf for her ON MY BLOG, believing she wasn't a blog-hopper, happily believing I was safe.

I wasn't.

She looked.

Now she knows.

I even sprinkled fairy dust in the envelope before I sent it, for extra insurance, and MAN that stuff is EXPENSIVE!

Don't buy it.

Doesn't work.

Signed: a "not-so-secret-sister-who-no-longer-believes-in-fairies"

I've had such fun with this. Heather

JBgreendawn
12-05-2007, 05:17 PM
i dont remember doing brown and red flowers so i cant tell you what i did?
I probably have the card on my blog though, and if you can find it that way maybe under floral or birthday? it could tell you?

Haha thats too funny about the fairy!