PDA

View Full Version : LOL at my new HUMONGOUS Adhesive Gun! :)

smileycollector
11-29-2007, 09:19 PM
I ordered an early Christmas gift for myself - the Scotch ATG 714 (http://www.framingsupplies.com/3M/TapeDispenserGuns.htm). It came today and I'm LOL at the SIZE of this thing! :) I had heard it was BIG, but this baby is HUMONGOUS!!! It was easy enough to load and I've been taping scratch paper together to try it out. I'll keep you posted on whether or not it was worth the $$!

workin4stamps
11-29-2007, 09:21 PM
It is DEFINITELY worth the money! You will love it!

Traci

iloveflipflops
11-29-2007, 09:27 PM
If its the same thing that Traci has, hers is HUGE!!! I remember laughing at it when I saw it in Greensboro. I still haven't ventured there. I want to try out the sewing machine first then maybe I can venture to that big gun :).

cindi
11-29-2007, 09:31 PM
do you need a permit for that baby??
he he
let us know how you like it.
:)

midnitecreations
11-29-2007, 09:33 PM
I saw someone using it recently. I know you need a permit for that thing! lol. She did love it though.

ccstampin12
11-29-2007, 10:11 PM
I heard they each have their own zip code!!!
LOL
Joanie

directmailscrapper
11-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Uh oh, I got mine the other day but Santa put it in the closet. Since I already got to play with the new Score-Pal, I didn't dare ask if I could play with the tape gun! Did yours arrive wrapped in a zillion layers of bubble wrap?

maxiesmom
11-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Oh I hear you! Unlike you, I had a heck of a time loading mine. I didn't see that I needed to depress the trigger and ended up breaking off the 'starter' piece of tape and wasted a bunch trying to get it right. I still haven't used it yet(bad girl)

Paula Carden
11-29-2007, 11:04 PM
It's huge do you need a permit for that big thing?

stampcrazyjulie
11-29-2007, 11:30 PM
LOL! :) Yeah! Congrats! I bouhgt the yellow 700 a few days ago & I love it! It does take some getting used to that's for sure! I am already 1/4 into my 36 yards!

Are you going to alter yours? I have heard about some of the Gals doing it!

JBgreendawn
11-29-2007, 11:32 PM
:)
it took me a while to get the hang of mine, but so far so good.

I also did not read the directions and didnt see that pull the trigger part, so that was part of my hang up with it i guess, after i got over that and learned to pull the trigger it goes much better for me, the good part is when im busy making a mess i can now find the glue in the scrap piles that tend to breed when i make things...

threefriends91
11-30-2007, 04:51 AM
Thanks for the heads up, l asked for one for Christmas, l heard they were great, but didn't know they were so big. Yes please tell us what you think.

Erin K
11-30-2007, 08:06 AM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine. I honestly think you all should get one!

Sherri I can't believe you haven't converted yet! It's WONDERFUL. I know, I saw Traci's at Greensboro too and though she was nuts with that thing, but I love mine.

I got the cute 714 one too. I can't live without it.

My3Ds
11-30-2007, 08:19 AM
It is HUGE. I bet it's worth it though.

toao
11-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Does it work well on even small pieces of paper? For instance, how about on the back of a punched star or snowflake or something? I've been looking for a new adhesive. Does it hold well?

Mary

TiikkiStars
11-30-2007, 09:56 AM
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE mine!!!!! I got mine last February and haven't looked back since.

It holds great! When you apply it to one sheet, you can usually rub it off if you applied it where you don't want to. But, once you put the pieces of paper together, it is really difficult to pull them apart, and nearly impossible to do it without ruining at least one piece of paper. So, yes, it holds well.

The tape is 1/4" wide, so the smallest you can use it for would probably be a 1/4" square. For really small pieces, I've started using the new Sakura pen adhesive. You can use as little as a pen dot of glue, or more if you want and so far, I like it!

Again, love, love, love, love my ATG!!!

:> Karen

JBgreendawn
11-30-2007, 10:18 AM
when i want to adhere a flat tiny thing i usually drop the flat thing into my X 150 Xyron thingy...
so, I have not tried it with little things, but I'm using the 714 1/4 inch gold colored adhesive ( its clear just the wrapper is gold) and yep just like Karen said, if you stick two papers together you better be sure you got it straight the first time... there is no fixing that one... it holds better then any of those runner type glues i have made for scrapbooking...

workin4stamps
11-30-2007, 10:25 AM
They hold VERY well.. Much better than mono adhesive or anything else. I, however, am usually able to tear something apart without ruining it completely. I have moved stuff before. I only use a couple of strips on whatever I am adhering though. It does tend to rip a little of the paper, but as long as I'm going back in basically the same spot, it doesn't matter. I just put some new tape on it before I glue it back down.

It's one of my best papercrafting investments!!!!

:-)
Traci

stampcrazyjulie
11-30-2007, 10:42 AM
I have the 700 which holds the 1/2 gold tape. I have used it on the back of buttons & other small embellies, I just have to hold it & then run the tape over it. Because my tape is bigger then the 1/4, I do have to scratch some of my tape off of the small stuff, but it is no problem! Very easy & I love mine too!!

toao
11-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks for answering my questions. I would really like to invest in one of these. It sounds great and just what I've been looking for. Is it awkward to use in any way?

Mary

Inkisallover
11-30-2007, 02:19 PM
I absolutely love mine, too! And yes it was all wrapped up in bubble wrap.

TiikkiStars
11-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Oh yea, and I use mine on ribbon all the time and it holds really well!! I was surprised, but so much easier than other adhesives for ribbon, I've found.

Again, just love mine! I'd say my favorite stamp/scrap/craft find of 2007!
:> Karen