PDA

View Full Version : Sending Holiday Cards to Shackies

Sherry
12-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Okay, it is physically impossible for me to be able to send out 300 holiday cards to all of our Shackies so how on earth do I pick and choose who gets a card? I don't want to offend anyone or for people to think that if they don't get a card that I dislike them. I am making no more than 50 cards. How are you guys handling this?

loobylou
12-01-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm putting names in a hat, and drawing out however many I think i can send

OK I'm not really doing it this way- but I am only sending out a handful of actual cards, I will send my best wishes on the messageboard to everyone else

ccstampin12
12-01-2007, 08:25 PM
I am sending to the girls I have either swapped with (and I'll probably miss a bunch), or have actually met in person!
I cannot send to all either....
Probably I'll send to 20 or so.
What about an e-card to the whole bunch?
Or don't send to everyone....I'm sure everyone isn't lurking by their mailbox for a card from all of us! LOL
Joanie

limeyscrapper
12-01-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm an equal opportunity shackie - I'm not sending any.
I'll just come on the site and wish you all a Merry Christmas when the time comes!

loobylou
12-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Sherry, why don't you send everyone of us an E-card? I'm sure you could work out how to let us address it to more than one member at a time-( like we can on a pm). Presently you can only put 1 name in

tojoco
12-01-2007, 08:39 PM
I think that we should all be adult about the whole situation. Obviously, we cannot send a card to everyone on this site. If we don't get a card from someone, it doesn't mean that they are not liked or that the sender didn't want to send them a card. It's just physically impossible to do. I plan on sending cards to people that I have contact with whether it be met in person, talked to in the chat room or conversed with on the MB. If I don't recognize a name in the member list and I've never spoken to that person, she has got to understand that she will most likely not get a card from me.

Sherry, I know that it is different for you being owner of the website; and as much as I would love to receive one of your beautiful cards, I would understand if you didn't send cards out to any of the Shackies and just posted your thoughts on the MB to everyone.

iloveflipflops
12-01-2007, 08:43 PM
I am totally doing what Joanne is doing .... or should I say I did do that :).

mom_on_line
12-01-2007, 09:27 PM
There is no way a person can (ok, maybe you can if you start in January) send cards to everyone. I'd do a general howdy-do Merry Christmas on the board!

I have enough trouble making cards for those that expect one!

scraphappy908
12-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Sherry,
I don't think that anyone could possibly expect you to send a card to every member on this board. Besides, you end up running into another issue. Not everyone celebrates Christmas. It may be Kwanzaa or Hanukkah and some people don't celebrate at all. Now it becomes a matter of being politically correct. What a headache! Why can't things be simple! I certainly won't be offended if I didn't recieve cards from my Shack friends.

dreis1
12-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Sherry, I think a message on the MB should be sufficient. As much as I would like to make and send cards to everyone, I cannot afford the postage to do so. 300 members, thats $120.00 in just postage. Glinda

JBgreendawn
12-01-2007, 10:06 PM
I keep erasing what i type as i think of things to tell you...
hee hee,

none of us can mail to everyone, a happy post on the boards will have to work as good enough. :)
postage is horrible.
( esp. on handmade cards )

ellie
12-01-2007, 10:37 PM
I am pretty much doing what Joanne and Sherri are doing. If I miss someone...I still love you!

logcabincreations
12-01-2007, 11:08 PM
I think it is an individual personal thing about who to send cards to here at the Shack....mostly the ones I will send to are the ones I've gotten to know well through swaps and chatting and feel that I've developed a friendship with, but in no way do I or will I expect anything in return. So, if you do get a card from me, don't feel like you have to send one back. We all have so many varying levels of things going on in our lives.....and some are overwhelmed......some folks are ill......some have jobs that require a lot of their time.....some have children very involved in activities.....some have new babies.....some are back to school pursuing a degree......some do a lot of volunteering for clubs or other organizations....and the list goes on and on. I say, do what you feel you can comfortably do without feeling stressed, but don't feel like you have to do something because someone else does. We all care about one another here at the Shack, and that's what makes this place special.

Why don't we have a party and everyone come and wish each other a Merry Christmas or Happy Hannukah or other festive greeting???? We could start a holiday thread or even do the e-card thing if we want or have the time to.

teabear
12-02-2007, 01:08 AM
Honestly, this year I'll be lucky just to get cards out to all my family members. Fortunately a very kind friend here sent me some cards that I'll be sending out to family. I just don't have the time with my mom being ill this year.

threefriends91
12-02-2007, 03:30 AM
Sherry, as l posted l was all stressed out about this, and the ladies were great at helping me deal with this. a lot of us are stressed out, don't have time, and can't afford this. and as someone was so kind to remind me its not my birthday. l know how much work you do through out the year and that is good enough for me. l'm going to wish everyone a happy new year on the MB. And l will be most happy to read these special Christmas notes from all our friends here.

maxiesmom
12-02-2007, 08:43 AM
On a slightly related note- DH asked me when are we sending out our cards yesterday. I told him I have only just finished 15 cards! I have another 40 close to being done, but have the nephew/niece Christmas project day stuff I am needing to work on NOW. I told him it's only Dec. 1, relax!

Vintagegal
12-02-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm doing what Joanne's doing. Either I know you or I don't. It's not physically possible for me to send out a bizzillion cards. Doesn't mean I don't like you. Same thing with my life outside of the Stamp Shack. I have a TON of acquaintances, but not everyone will receive a card from me.

hutchink
12-02-2007, 10:21 AM
I have to agree with majority here...it is not possible for me to send everyone a card! I will do some and wish everyone Happy Holidays on the MB!

mcourtney
12-02-2007, 01:04 PM
I'll probably make one card, take a picture, and post it here for everyone to enjoy.

lakeslady
12-02-2007, 03:34 PM
I rather like Marys idea, and that is to make and design one card and post it on the boards in a special thread. This card then becomes your own personal greeting to all Stamp Shack members.
That way everyone is included, no feelings are hurt ( in case you accidently forget an individual) and we all save on postage charges, besides helping the ecofriendly "footprint".
A big plus of course is seening even more great designs LOL

midnitecreations
12-02-2007, 07:18 PM
I have great intentions in January. I even purchase stamps on e-bay or pick up bargains in the stores because they're on sale. February, i'm still trying out layouts, March, there's birthdays and springs here. April, well, easter and planing bulbs. May - October, just not cold enough or just not in Christmas mood. November, well you guessed it, decorating for and getting ready for Thanksgiving. That brings me back to December, a whole year later! And, I'm still not started on those cards.

Erin K
12-02-2007, 07:38 PM
I won't be sending to everyone either. I just don't have time or money.

It's fine Sherry! :) Don't send one to me, I know you are sweet and you make cute cards and that you hope I have a nice Christmas. So that's one less.

I assume no one will be offended if they don't get a card from me. I think everyone knows that not everyone can have one.

I think though for next year (already started this year) instead of sending to my closest friends I'm going to send to people I haven't heard from in a while or ever. You know switch it up. :)

Spartymom
12-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Sherry, no one should get offended at all. I say do what you plan to do and then post a message at the Shack for well christmas wishes.

flyingflower
12-03-2007, 08:45 AM
I didn't send any last year to friends - too much going on w/ dh sick - and I got the family ones out at the last minute. I've been working on some stamped images to send, but not having them done yet I'm not sure whether I actually finish them on time.

I like the idea of a Gallery section for all of us to post one card to the rest of the group - we could make it as elaborate as we want and not have to worry about the postal system chewing up our wonderful embelishments :D

emmcee
12-03-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm with the majority too. I sure can't afford postage either and I'm lucky to get a few out to y'all, and a few to my family and friends.

dreis1
12-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Another thought I had Sherry, If you want to send people you consider your friend, a card as an individual and not as the owner of this site, you should have the freedom to do so. You do have the right to make that choice. I am sure those who would receive cards will not get on here and thank you publicly, as that might make someone mad. While I do appreciate cards I have received, I certainly am not going to get mad if I don't get a card from someone. I personally send very few cards in the mail, (postage is to expensive for this retired lady). I make cards and hand to people that I see. Glinda

Sherry
12-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Thank you all very much for your opinions!! I really like the idea of sending out 'virtual' greeting cards and, although I was aware that we had the feature, the thought never crossed my mind. Thanks for the reminder Sarah!