PDA

View Full Version : Mall shooting in Omaha, Nebraska

Vintagegal
12-05-2007, 06:30 PM
This kind of stuff doesn't happen in this city. It's beyond crazy.

Nine people died today at one of our local malls in Omaha. This is absolutely NUTS! The gunman was a 19-year old man. He was facing criminal charges on something that seemed relatively minor. He went crazy, took a high-powered rifle and went to the mall to shoot people.

Please pray for our city. This has become extremely disturbing here in Omaha. Especially in the last year. When we moved here, this stuff didn't happen. All of a sudden, we're getting random shootings. Please pray for the victims' families.

One man was at the mall, holding his newborn baby. His wife had been separated from him. They were there to shop for outfits for their Christmas pictures to be taken tomorrow. One of the JC Penney employees got him and the baby to hide them. He was trying, desperately, to call his wife, but she wouldn't answer her phone. I don't know if his wife is one of the victims.

Please, please, please pray for our city. Thank you.

***UPDATE***** Apparently, the 19-year old kid had just gotten fired from his job yesterday. He was living with his friend's family. He called the house to say that he had been fired. The mom told him to come home so they could talk to him and calm him down. Apparently, he already left a suicide note at the house and was on his way to the mall to shoot people.

midnitecreations
12-05-2007, 06:34 PM
OMG, it's terrible. The senseless destruction of lives. I don't know how anyone recovers from this kind of nightmare, but I pray that the people that were there somehow manage to move on. My heart and prayers go out to the ones that were directly affected.

My3Ds
12-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Glad to hear from you. But, so sad for the families involved. This is so very sad.

Brenda
12-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Ethel,

You and your family are the first ones I thought of when I heard of this terrible tragedy. I Thank God you and your family are safe and will continue to pray for you. I will pray for the victims families also. Did you ever find out anything more about the young Mother? I pray she is safe.

Brenda

Vintagegal
12-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Did you ever find out anything more about the young Mother? I pray she is safe.

Hi everyone! Thank you for remembering us. No. We haven't heard about the mother just yet. The police are still notifying families of the victims. The shooting happened just four hours ago. I think families are still trying to reconnect.

I've called my brother and asked him to call my mom and dad. I actually came home early today because my son was sick. Normally, we're at work and school. Still, we sometimes go to this mall after work. We were just there last week! This is crazy. I am so upset about this. I seriously was just there shopping for Christmas presents!!!!!

iloveflipflops
12-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Thank god you and your family are ok Ethel. This is just too close to home!!!

hutchink
12-05-2007, 07:10 PM
OMG I will pray for everyone involved with this shooting! It is so sad...I was just reading about it in our local paper...and thought OMG Ethel lives there! This is so sad!

logcabincreations
12-05-2007, 08:50 PM
So sad. Glad you and Pam and your families are safe. Saying lots of prayers.

Tantalize
12-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Oh wow. Ethel, this is such a tragedy. Im so glad that you were safe and not apart of this! I will be keeping the city close in my thoughts.

cindi
12-05-2007, 09:21 PM
I just cannot comprehend what drives people to do these things!
I'm so sorry for all the families involved aND for the whole community, because, in some way it will affect everyone.
I'm very happy that ypu & yur family are safe Ethel.
My prayers are going up to all who lost loved ones today.
:(

dreis1
12-05-2007, 09:51 PM
I am glad to see you post. Prayers for your city. Last week, we had a 20 yr old go to a gas station and pull a gun and shoot a lady that was pumping gas, then went and shot himself. God help us all. Glinda

ellie
12-06-2007, 12:02 AM
This is just awful. What is it that makes people so angry like this. I am so sad for everyone. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

threefriends91
12-06-2007, 02:39 AM
l'm so sorry, l will pray for all the people.... l do thank God your family is safe. Its so very sad and very scray... Those poor families.. Hugs to you and Pat, and l will pray.

Kreative Dryve
12-06-2007, 09:59 AM
I was watching this on CNN last night before going to sleep, so scary.

I hope all the victims recover and my prayers go out to the victims families, the city.

Ethel, you are in my thoughts.

~MJ

p.s. Has anyone heard from Pam/smileycollector??

Jarie
12-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Ethel so glad you and your family are safe. Prayers go out to all the families. dmbFANZ's (Daun) aunt was one of the victims. Daun is on the PCMB. Her aunt's name was Janet Jorgensen. Daun lives in Texas and is headed to Omaha. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.

Janet

Vintagegal
12-07-2007, 07:18 AM
OMG! Janet, are you serious?!?!?! I have goosebumps right now. OMG! OMG!

logcabincreations
12-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Ethel so glad you and your family are safe. Prayers go out to all the families. dmbFANZ's (Daun) aunt was one of the victims. Daun is on the PCMB. Her aunt's name was Janet Jorgensen. Daun lives in Texas and is headed to Omaha. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.

Janet

So sad. Prayers have been going up from me. I wish all people who have problems would get the help they need instead of thinking that shooting people and themselves is the solution....it is so senseless.

ChristyR
12-07-2007, 03:29 PM
that is too sad, i am glad Ethel that you and your family are safe and I am praying for all the victims and there families. No matter how bad things are they are never THAT BAD that you want to take your life and the lives of others. geesh, come on people

Brenda
12-09-2007, 09:28 AM
One of the girls (Daun) on the PCMB Aunt was one of the ones killed. She was the one they keep referring to as "the Oldest victim". She was only in her mid-sixties and had several grandchildren. Just thought ya'll would want to know.

Sorry, Just noticed Jarie's post.