PDA

View Full Version : The Nursing Dept. Head said..........

Kreative Dryve
12-05-2007, 11:05 PM
"sorry I am late".

Yep that''s right, she was 15 minutes late for our meeting this morning.
It's kind of making me think, that my problem is no big deal to her.
I am sitting in the office with her, and my advisor and they both made me
feel that I could have gone another route, than turning in the culprits.

When I asked her what the consequences were for them, she said that the school has different protocols for this, because they are actually not "nursing students". They have to go off the schools protocols, not the nursing school protocols, which means they have an appeal process on the final decision.
I should have gone with my instinct, and just let it go.
There is another reason they are so lax, when it comes to these students, but I will not go into it.

Here is my feeling on the whole thing, I know it sounds amazing, but this is actually a great program for those that work their butts off like me. I havemeet and worked with many of their graduates while working for the ambulance, and they are top of their class.
I am going to take this school like storm, and knock all their socks off!!!
If these two are in the same class as me, god forbid, I will not make it easy for them again!!

Life goes on, and I will too! Thanks Ladies! You all are great!

~MJ

logcabincreations
12-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Well MJ, at least you have a positive outlook through this whole thing; although, there should be some kind of punishment for these cheaters! Doesn't sound exactly fair to me. That computer program needs to be changed for sure so that no one can copy your answers.

ccstampin12
12-06-2007, 08:20 AM
I guess it's like other situations in life....maybe it's not what they know, but WHO they know????
Hmmm. Just guessing here.
You just keep on keeping on, and do a wonderful job. Sounds like you'll be excellent at your chosen field!
HUGS
Joanie

Kreative Dryve
12-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks Ladies!
This whole thing has brought such negative thoughts and feelings into my life, and I hate feeling like I have a negative aura around me.

I can say I forgive them, and I have come to decision.........
I am putting my last learning module on-line in the same forum. If they want to cheat again, it's there fault and there is nothing I am going to change about the way I do my work.

~MJ

logcabincreations
12-06-2007, 09:47 AM
But MJ, are they getting graded for their work? I think you should try to figure out some way to copy/protect your module. I don't know much about computers, but there should be some way to put a ghost copyright over it, and then I have seen on some websites where you cannot copy/paste.....instead you get a red circle with a bar thru it showing you that copy/paste is prohibited.

Kreative Dryve
12-06-2007, 10:02 AM
But MJ, are they getting graded for their work? I think you should try to figure out some way to copy/protect your module. I don't know much about computers, but there should be some way to put a ghost copyright over it, and then I have seen on some websites where you cannot copy/paste.....instead you get a red circle with a bar thru it showing you that copy/paste is prohibited.

Changing the way I do my work is letting them also know I was the one who turned them in, I am kind of fearful for my safety right now. I am going to post on the site, so they don't think it was me. ~MJ

logcabincreations
12-06-2007, 10:08 AM
I understand. You are close to finishing and getting out of school...right? Be careful. I'm putting you in my prayer journal.

Kreative Dryve
12-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Thanks! I still have 2 years to go, but like I said before I am going to work my butt off, and let them know I mean business. ~MJ

p.s. I will be out for 3 weeks for Christmas, can't wait

logcabincreations
12-06-2007, 10:27 AM
well hopefully you won't have to spend the rest of your 2 years with this mother and daughter....I'm praying they get the boot. Also, maybe you can wait until the very last minute to post your module???

threefriends91
12-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Your feelings on this whole thing is outstanding. l do feel that something should have been done, their should have be some kind of consequences for them. But l do feel you did everything you could and even through nothing was done, you can at least say you tried. l agree your safety needs to come first, and your over all out look is great. l congratulat you on your mind set of letting go of the negative thoughts and feelings, and just moving on at kicking their butts. You are the better person for this.
Because it upsets me that this s??? is going on, l'm going to pray about this and let go and let God deal with it. Thanks for the update.

Kreative Dryve
12-06-2007, 12:25 PM
I just posted my essay answers, and they have not done so yet. Let's see what happens. I wouldn't be surprized if it happens again.

I spoke to my instructor, and she wasn't impressed with her meeting with dept head either. She flat out-right wanted to fail them, the advisor is letting them have the option of dropping the class, and then taking it again in the spring. It will be with the same instructor, and now that she is on to them, what will they do next.

This whole thing has consumed my life for a week, and now I need to let it go.
I am proud that I did the right thing, and I turned them in, I cannot control what anybody else does with the whole thing. It's on their conscience not mine.

This is the last time I will mention it. Thanks ladies for your kind caring words.

~MJ