PDA

View Full Version : Is there a mailbox on this message board?

iloveflipflops
10-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Just wondering if we can get private messages on this mb?

I don't see a button anywhere :)

Sherri

inkinupstamps
10-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Hi Sherri,

Yes there is a private messages box. Look near the top of the page where yours probably says "Welcome, Iloveflipflops." Beneath the welcome line is a line that says when you last visited the stamp shack. Below that is and underlined Private Messages: and then how many you have unread and a total.

If you click on the words Private Messages: it will bring up your PMs and you can send and receive from there.

HTH:)

iloveflipflops
10-16-2006, 05:17 PM
the welcome, iloveflipflops.

How do i get one? LOL

inkinupstamps
10-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Hmmmm....it wouldn't go through again. This is what the message said, "iloveflipflops has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

This sounds like a job for Sherry. The only thing I can think of is in your profile you've selected not to receive PMs.

iloveflipflops
10-16-2006, 05:27 PM
I don't see anything.

HELP!

Sherry
10-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi Sherri,

In order to receive PMs and emails you must set up notifications in your User CP.

Click User CP from the navigation menu
Click on "edit options"
Scroll down to the "Messaging and Notifications" section
Make sure the following are ticked:

Receive Email from Administrators
Receive Email from Other Members
Enable Private Messaging
Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages
Show New Private Message Notification Pop-Up

Cheers,
Sherry

iloveflipflops
10-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Enable Private Messaging

I do not see these 3 messages on mine .... where are they? Sorry to be a pain but I can't see it.

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-16-2006, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=iloveflipflops;1127]Enable Private Messaging

QUOTE]

I don't think it's just you. I just went into my User CP and "edit options" section. I see the first two things Sherry listed, but not the three things listed above.

Jane

Sherry
10-16-2006, 08:01 PM
The first two appear near the top of the Messaging and Notification list, the other three near the bottom under the heading of "Private Messaging".

iloveflipflops
10-17-2006, 11:11 AM
Could it be just for moderators?

Sorry to be a pain :)

Alli
10-17-2006, 12:49 PM
I don't see a pm section either, I just have the first two as well! :confused:

Alli
10-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Hi Sherry,
I got your test message and I have received a couple of others from you, but I could not reply, there was no reply button and I don't seem to have anywhere to go to send a pm. Sorry, I am probably being particularly dense but I have looked everywhere! :confused:

Alli
10-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Sherry also I checked out your how to send a pm, I don't have pm in the top left corner, I don't have pm as a drop down option when I click on someone's name and I can't send pms from someone's profile. I can email. Just FYI, thought it might help to solve problem.