PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this is grounds for divorce?

suzi_f
12-08-2007, 11:27 PM
DH & I watch "A Christmas Story" last night. DH HATED it. Said I can never complain about a movie being stupid again 'cause it was the worst movie he's ever seen. I always thought it was a good movie. Can't believe he didn't like it. He's trying to convince me the Trading Places is a christmas movie AND much better than A Chrsistmas Story. The boy needs HELP!!

Christie
12-09-2007, 12:30 AM
LOL!! Divorce court here you come! I like A Christmas Story. My fav one is Christmas Vacation. LOVE IT!!! I make sure I watch at least once during the holidays.

logcabincreations
12-09-2007, 12:42 AM
Just making sure.....is this the movie where the young boy sticks his tongue to a frozen pole and says the F word and his mom puts a bar of soap in his mouth? Not one of my favorite movies...but it's alright....in a warped kind of way. My all time fave Christmas movie is White Christmas with Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen.

hbpuppy
12-09-2007, 12:56 AM
I'm with Jan. White Christmas is the best. But, I have about 10 or 20 other best Christmas movies. I love the cartoon Grinch movie, Scrooged with Bill Murry, my new favorite The Holiday, It's a Wonderful Life (but only on Christmas or Christmas eve), Muppet Christmas Movie, The Family Man, The Family Stone (get out your Kleenex), and Serendipity.

Jovi
12-09-2007, 01:05 AM
LOL... I think The Christmas Story is cute, we watch it every year around this time and my kiddos love it. My favorite Christmas movie is Christmas Vacation, I embarrassed to admit, but I've already watched CV a few times this month...

I've never heard of Trading Places... better call your divorce lawyer! ;)

My3Ds
12-09-2007, 04:45 AM
A Christmas Story is one of my fave movies. Tell him i'm going to send the Bumpus' dogs over to get him.

iloveflipflops
12-09-2007, 06:21 AM
What do men know?! Did you forget this Suzi Q? I love the Christmas Story and can't believe it was on last night. Darn, I missed it. I wonder if it will be on again!? Love it!!!

suzi_f
12-09-2007, 06:47 AM
You didn't miss it Sherri, I bought it the day after C'mas along with C'mas Vacation. I'm sorry guys but I really, REALLY don't like White Christmas. I tried to watch it again twice this year and it bored me to tears. Y'all need to see Holiday Inn. MUCH, MUCH better c'mas/white c'mas movie. That's where the song really came from. LOVE IT!!

HeatherJ
12-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Suzi, so I guess you need to take back the "leg lamp" you bought him for Christmas???
We LOVE that movie and qoute it all year long!

ellie
12-09-2007, 10:29 AM
The man has no taste! I think that movie is the best! My dil and I love it but dh and sons "tolerate" it. They have no taste.

teabear
12-09-2007, 10:37 AM
LOL....you know you can buy that lamp. What a funny gag gift to get him for under the tree :)

suzi_f
12-09-2007, 10:40 AM
I sure wish now I would have stuck the dvd into his carry-on. Then, while he's stuck at the airport, he could watch it again & again.

maxiesmom
12-09-2007, 01:51 PM
I'll confess, I have never seen this movie either, don't have much desire too, but I know tons of people love it. Maybe I would too. Also never seen White Christmas! I love the animated Christmas specials most. The original Miracle on 34th is the ruler in our house, I also love Scrooged and got The Holiday as soon as it came out on dvd!

Canadian, eh
12-09-2007, 02:36 PM
I can't stand that movie, and my husband likes it. We're still together.

HeatherJ
12-09-2007, 04:19 PM
You can get all sorts of gifts from the movie... might want to add to his Christmas list!! ;)

http://www.redriderleglamps.com/