PDA

View Full Version : For those other Christmas Story fanatics out there (me included)

iloveflipflops
12-09-2007, 10:17 AM
I see that the tv show will run for 24 hours STRAIGHT on Christmas Eve. I think its on TBS channel ... I can't wait!! Meanwhile, DH said we can just buy the movie real cheap now and then I can watch it whenever I want. We'll see if he can find it.

My3Ds
12-09-2007, 10:21 AM
TBS has been doing this for several years now (at least 10) dh and I watch it late on Christmas Eve once the kids go to bed. (I'm usually wrapping gifts). I LOVE the movie. Did you know there's another movie about this same family. It's called In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash.

hbpuppy
12-09-2007, 10:21 AM
I agree with DH. Commercial-free is the way to go. We have it on VHS and need to track down a DVD.

shuggy
12-09-2007, 12:05 PM
i think i'm one of the few that hates this movie. i mean it was funny the first time, but after so many times, it's just annoying!

emmcee
12-09-2007, 01:06 PM
I probably won't watch it all of Christmas Eve, but I know I'll catch it a few times. It's part of Christmas.

Nancy
12-09-2007, 01:58 PM
isnt this the one where he puts his tongue on the post and there is a leg lamp. Or what am I thinking of. Anyway, they made this film in Cleveland OH and the house where it was filmed is open for tourism, my daughter went there this past summer and she said it was like watching the movie all over again. - Nancy