PDA

View Full Version : Moved the guinea pig down to the basement and I slept longer this morning ...

iloveflipflops
12-11-2007, 05:16 AM
that is until 4:30 when I heard Tudi whining and DH was snoring ... so I got up and let her out. Here i sit. I have to wake up Em at 5:30 anyway.

But 4:30 sure beats 2:30!!! I just have to remember the guinea pig is down there!! LOL

How long do guinea pigs live anyway? Max is 6. Is this a record? LOL

My3Ds
12-11-2007, 07:47 AM
I think it is a record. I was up yesterday at 4:00 and thought I should call you to see if you were awake. Actually, I think you had been on just an hour before me. Put Tudi and DH in the basement with the pig and you'll sleep great.

GrammaStamper
12-11-2007, 07:50 AM
that is until 4:30 when I heard Tudi whining and DH was snoring ... so I got up and let her out. Here i sit. I have to wake up Em at 5:30 anyway.

But 4:30 sure beats 2:30!!! I just have to remember the guinea pig is down there!! LOL

How long do guinea pigs live anyway? Max is 6. Is this a record? LOL

When did you get a guinea pig and why does it keep you awake? I must have missed that post.

It would keep me awake just knowing that a rodent was in my house. Is it the same for you, Sherri?

workin4stamps
12-11-2007, 10:07 AM
What does a guinea pig do to wake you up??? Does it stay in a cage? I have never had one, so I don't know about these things! Please enlighten me!

Traci

hutchink
12-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Glad to hear that you move that critter downstairs and you got a few more hours of sleep!

cecescraps
12-11-2007, 11:19 AM
I think they live forever! JK But, we had one that lived in the basement, sometimes I forgot for a day or two that it was there and it really didn't seem to mind. Found him a good home before we moved from WI. Oh, maybe one of the teachers at school would like it for a class pet??? Merritt had a teacher that had two and kids thought it was "neat" to take it home for wkends and holidays. Nobody is at school at night so, perfect solution! :)

iloveflipflops
12-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Emily got Max, the guinea pig when she was in 4th or 5th grade. She is now in 10th grade. He stays in a cage but he can squeel REALLY loud when he wants something and I mean really loud. He usually sleeps in the laundry room which is right outside of our bedroom and I can close the door and still hear him squeeling...