PDA

View Full Version : I need a cute way to wrap a jar of jelly

Christie
12-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Do any of you have a cute way to wrap up a jar of jelly for christmas. I made a ton a couple months ago and wanted to give some away for christmas. I don't like using gift bags but that's the only thing I can come up with.

Jovi
12-11-2007, 02:26 PM
I just happen to see this really wonderful Carmel Jar last night on Kurtis' blog, maybe you can do something like this instead of actually wrapping your jar of jelly.

http://www.stampinkub.com/blog/?p=252

;)

ellie
12-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Christie,
I once owned a gift-basket business and this is something that looks cute and isn't expensive. Take some clear cellophane (or printed) and cut a square large enough so that when the jar is placed in the middle you can gather the corners and edges up above the jar. Tie it off with a piece of curling ribbon. Then take that star garland or a pretty wired ribbon and tie a nice bow. It always looks festive. PS: you can get the cello in the craft store near the gift wrap stuff.

ccstampin12
12-11-2007, 02:38 PM
If your cover is in 2 parts, you can cut a fabric circle larger than the diameter of the cover. Put the fabric between the 2 cover parts.
Tie a ribbon around the screw-on part of the cover.
OR...
If you are using a one-piece cover, cut a fabric circle larger than the cover and put over the cover, holding in place with a ribbon. You can Decorate with diecuts or other greenery, or maybe a bow.
These look really cute when done!
Take pix of finished jars!
Joanie

Nancy
12-11-2007, 02:54 PM
I made Sherri's cocoa and put themin pt jars and cut circles of material and put some pillow battin under it, so it looks puffy and tied a ribbon around it with the directions This look really nice. = Nancy

dreis1
12-11-2007, 03:17 PM
We did the gifts in a jar, cookies, noodle soup, different ones at church for a fund raiser. We cut the fabric tops, then tied raffia around the neck and attached the tag for the directions. They look very nice. You can give me a jar or home-made jelly and wont even have to decorate it. Yum. Glinda

Christie
12-12-2007, 07:14 AM
Thanks ladies! These are all great ideas, now I have to pick one!!

Paula Carden
12-12-2007, 08:21 AM
The way Ellie described is what I have always done either with Cellophane of tissue papers. Our Dollar Tree had big rolls of Christmas cellophane just last week. We used to wrap gift baskets for our senior citizens that are home bound or alone that our County does each year! We used curling ribbon and pipe cleaners to twist the tops.
Very festitive and not expensive to wrap.

emmcee
12-12-2007, 09:35 AM
I saw this neat idea on the news this a.m. for wrapping a bottle of wine but the same concept could be used for jelly. Anyway, take the sleeve of an old shirt, close off the bottom someway (I missed that part), put the bottle inside the sleeve with the button end at the top of the bottle, tie a ribbon around it, and there you go. Have the button end up some so that the ribbon doesn't hide the buttons.

keltie
12-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Christie , I saw these on SCS this AM. I thought I could use white bags and glue on the colored paper . You could also use white lunch bags and turn the top down to make the collar on the elves ' shirts. These would be pennies each. I know you said no gift bags , just thought I'd pass it along anyway. Heather
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/744013?si=santa%20and%20elf%20bags

Christie
12-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Christie , I saw these on SCS this AM. I thought I could use white bags and glue on the colored paper . You could also use white lunch bags and turn the top down to make the collar on the elves ' shirts. These would be pennies each. I know you said no gift bags , just thought I'd pass it along anyway. Heather
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/744013?si=santa%20and%20elf%20bags

Those are super duper cute!! Hmmm, I might have to use this on one of them at least!!! Thanks Heather.

keltie
12-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Hope you can use it for your jars. yours turned out really cute.