PDA

View Full Version : Not even noon and I'm beat!

Swanie78
12-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Yesterday I procrastinated everything but going grocery shopping. Let me just say, Costco is EVIL! :cute: Went in wanting to spend about $100, thought I had about $200 in my cart, the bill came to $275 :eek: And the only thing fun I got was some logs to have cozy fires while my dad is here...lol

So this morning I've been doing nothing but cleaning and laundry. So far Ive done all my clothes (about a months worth thanks to all the car drama in the last 2 weeks), two sets of linens, and a ton of blankets. I'm just waiting for the blankets to dry before I go down and get everything. All the up and down the stairs and back and forth and folding and putting away has me exhausted! LOL
I still have to clean the kitchen, find room for all the mass quantities I bought yesterday, straighten up my stamp room so I can inflate the air mattress (Ill sleep in there, my dad will get my room), run to the store and pick up a few things Costco didnt have, get some litter and change the box, vacuum the whole house.
My dad's flight lands at 10:30pm tonight so I have to get all this done before 9 so I can get down there, get security clearance, and meet him at the gate. We'll get to enjoy the few hours we are awake after we get home and then I work for the next two nights :(

The good thing is that my apartment will be the cleanest its been since I started school in the spring...LOL!

What have you done today? What do you still have to do?

My3Ds
12-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Geez, I'm going to go take a nap now - you've exhausted me. :)

inkypingers
12-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Kelly,
Wow, that is a full day! I just think it is so sweet that your dad is coming and staying with you like that and you two will celebrate the holidays together.
That is really special. Hope you can relax and enjoy his visit when you finish your
2 day stretch.
Inky hugs,
Jennifer

Swanie78
12-18-2007, 05:36 PM
It'll be fun to have him here, its just all the work! And I dont know why I kill myself, he doesnt really care as long as he isnt tripping over stuff and he's legally blind so he can't see the small details. But for some reason I feel like a bad hostess if things arent clean and smelling good ;)
This will be the first year he's here for Christmas. He usually comes at Thanksgiving, but because I was in school he waited for the next holiday. He'll be here over New Year's too and I'm off both those days, so it'll be fun. I dont know if we'll go out but we're both night owls so we can at least stay up and watch things on tv :)
Nobody else worked their tails off today?
The kitchen is done, most of the food is put away. The laundry is put away and the bed remade. I just blew up the air mattress (note to self: buy an electric air pump! my arms feel like Hulk Hogans now...lol) and now Im resting my back before I climb into the mess that is my stamp room.