PDA

View Full Version : Sandra Lee on Food Network

Vintagegal
12-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Why is she always doing something related to alcohol?

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice this also?

Girl's always talking about alcohol. I'm watching an all-star show on Food Network, and guess what her contribution was? She opened a bottle of champagne and poured it into the pan. Hmmmm....... methinks she must really love to drink her alcohol.

cindi
12-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Why is she always doing something related to alcohol?

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice this also?

Girl's always talking about alcohol. I'm watching an all-star show on Food Network, and guess what her contribution was? She opened a bottle of champagne and poured it into the pan. Hmmmm....... methinks she must really love to drink her alcohol.

she makes a whole food plan every show including a table scape and a cocktail.
I guess she si just a well rounded girl..now why is she so skinny..I hate her for that! lol
:)

Vintagegal
12-18-2007, 07:33 PM
I don't know Cindi..........she really likes her cocktails.......:P

jazzypurple853
12-18-2007, 07:42 PM
I noticed that also. All her programs have some sort of cocktail involved.

GrammaStamper
12-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Maybe she needs to be hammered to enjoy her own cooking! JMO, I haven't even seen any of her shows. Me, I need to have a drink before I start preparing meals. LOL!

mjbonoan
12-19-2007, 12:44 AM
I noticed also, I can watch Food Network all day!!! My favorite is Paula!!!

Vintagegal
12-19-2007, 06:01 AM
My favorite is Paula!!!

Me too! Then, after Paula, I really like Ina Garten (the Barefoot Contessa) and Tyler Florence. My son and DH like Alton Brown.

irishchristine
12-19-2007, 06:52 AM
I enjoy her show. I love that she has a speical drink with each meal!LOL

maxiesmom
12-19-2007, 07:37 AM
I think that's just her 'thing'. I really like Paula, but sometimes on her party show she really seems to get carried away and when she starts laughing it sounds like she's cackling! Creeps me out a little!

We love Alton's Feasting on Asphalt and Guys Diner's, drive ins & dives is cool too. Makes me want to travel just so we can eat in those places!

Spartymom
12-19-2007, 07:53 AM
I love Sandra Lee and how she always has cocktail time at the end of her show! She's been going thru some rough times (divorce) lately and has gained pounds. She said this in an interview. She has a new book about her life coming out too.

ChristyR
12-19-2007, 03:39 PM
yes i notice her cocktail time as well, it is kinda funny to me when i think about it. I love watching Paula, i just love her southern cooking it is much more my style. :)

TiikkiStars
12-20-2007, 01:41 AM
I really don't care for her cooking, but actually like her different ideas for fun cocktails. She also almost always points out the virgin version for kids (although, why kids need to drink mocktails is beyond me). Butter to mayonaise??!!! Holy Camole!!!

I used to be a huge Rachael Ray fan and still like her a lot, but don't watch her that much now. I like Ellie Krieger, Tyler Florence (who adds a gallon of olive oil, salt and freshly cracked pepper to everything), and while I haven't seen her show yet, am looking forward to one of these days, catching an episode of the Food Network star, Amy?, new show. Oh yea, I've also enjoyed some (not all) of Guy Fieri's recipes (particularly some of his marinades)....he's a local boy for me. In general, on a lazy day, the food network can be on for quite awhile around here. The really funny thing is? I don't cook!!!! At least not on a regular basis! lol I also collect cookbooks....drives my husband nuts!

:> Karen