PDA

View Full Version : Need a gift idea PDQ!

tojoco
12-19-2007, 07:46 AM
My DS is going to a Christmas party TONIGHT and needs to bring a $10-20 gift. It's certainly not like Corey to procrastinate -- yeah right! He asked me if I would go out today and pick something up. I kiddingly said how about an Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas CD and surprisingly he said, "sure," but I'm not even sure if there really is one.

Does anyone have any great ideas for me? The kids are all around 17 or 18 years old. And no I'm not making anything at this late date! LOL:eek:

Christie
12-19-2007, 07:47 AM
What about a gift card to the movies or to Best Buy

Spartymom
12-19-2007, 07:51 AM
A gift card to movies, best buy are really the best idea for this age.

tesschap
12-19-2007, 08:05 AM
A gift card for gas or the movies or to buy that Chipmunk cd?

iloveflipflops
12-19-2007, 08:25 AM
i was going to say gift card to movies or Starbucks. Don't they all love Starbucks at that age?

ellie
12-19-2007, 08:28 AM
That would work for my kids!

directmailscrapper
12-19-2007, 09:02 AM
I go with the Gift Card idea -- you can wrap it up in a CD case (or Best Buy has gift cards that come in a CD case) or in a bigger box.

My3Ds
12-19-2007, 09:07 AM
I had an Alvin & The Chipmunks album when I was little, so I'm sure there's a cd. That sounds like fun.

threefriends91
12-19-2007, 09:17 AM
It's a hard call at this age, when it's not your kids. But l do agree a gift card from Best Buy wrapped in a CD case would be cute.

cecescraps
12-19-2007, 10:23 AM
I agree w/ the GC idea. You can always get the Visa one and then, they can use it anywhere that accepts Visa. Oh, and I'm probably the only person that just found this out but, CVS sells GC's to everywhere now. You don't even have to go to a certain store to get the GC- they have everything from Victoria's Secret to Lowe's! One stop shopping 2 mins. from my house- who knew??

tojoco
12-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the ideas, girls. I guess I just wanted to be a little different. I'm going to run to Target to see if there is an Alvin CD and if not, I'll go with the gift certificate. Thanks again.

Christie
12-19-2007, 10:39 AM
I agree w/ the GC idea. You can always get the Visa one and then, they can use it anywhere that accepts Visa. Oh, and I'm probably the only person that just found this out but, CVS sells GC's to everywhere now. You don't even have to go to a certain store to get the GC- they have everything from Victoria's Secret to Lowe's! One stop shopping 2 mins. from my house- who knew??

Did you know that wal-mart sells gift cards to resturants and other places too. I saw that there over the weekend. Thought it was a good idea!