PDA

View Full Version : Website Make-Over

Sherry
12-19-2007, 01:43 PM
I was thinking that The Stamp Shack website might need a little make-over in terms of color. Whaddya think? What are some of your favorite color combos?

logcabincreations
12-19-2007, 01:53 PM
oh my....you are opening a can of worms....lol

The colors you have now are easy on the eyes, so I would definitely keep the colors soft -- other than that I don't have any color suggestions.

My3Ds
12-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Soft colors are good. But I agree about the colors. I like the colors at SCS, but I don't think we should look like them, just saying.

flyingflower
12-19-2007, 02:18 PM
This is the only place that uses these colors - I love that.

I WOULD love it if we had a little shack logo made into a stamp :D

hbpuppy
12-19-2007, 02:25 PM
I love the colors now. I made my blog background a green because it reminds me of being on the Shack. What if we could choose our own, like we can in the chat room?

ccstampin12
12-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Turquoise is nice...
I do love this nice celery green too, though.
Could you show us 3 color combos examples, and we vote?
Joanie

Christie
12-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Hmmm, I like pink and brown together. I like the site the way it is too!

Jovi
12-19-2007, 03:04 PM
I really like the shades of green that we have now... but, if you really want to change it...

Soft colors, maybe pink and brown
or blue and brown...
basically anything with brown!

:cute:

toao
12-19-2007, 03:10 PM
This won't help, but I'm cool with whatever you choose Sherry.

Mary

My3Ds
12-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Would a pale pink work?

tojoco
12-19-2007, 04:57 PM
I've always loved purple and green. How about keeping the green we have but change the orange to a light purplish color -- maybe a violet or a light amethyst.

inkinupstamps
12-19-2007, 05:22 PM
I've always loved purple and green. How about keeping the green we have but change the orange to a light purplish color -- maybe a violet or a light amethyst.

I share Joanne's fondness for purple and green. I like Joanne's suggestion a lot!:nod:

IMBlessed5
12-19-2007, 06:29 PM
I like pink/brown and also turquoise/brown.

I really like the suggestion of you coming up with 3 different options and we vote for option 1, 2, 3, or none. :D

stampinmom3
12-19-2007, 06:41 PM
I like pink/brown and turq/brown if we had to choose something different that what we have now. I do agree though, these colors are very soothing to the eyes.

Darleneh710
12-19-2007, 06:49 PM
I like pink/brown suggestion..I think I saw another site with those colors and it looked so pretty....I think pale pink would look nice or pale blue, but the purple/green sounds cool too..sorry I am no help lol

JBgreendawn
12-19-2007, 06:53 PM
I am no help Sherry, i like these shades of green.
but, maybe you could change the borders or something ( like paint-striping a car?) and do it seasonally? like something for winter and then maybe a pale pink for spring? or a soft blue for summer? and something rusty or brown for fall?

just a thought.

ctinyjoy
12-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Possibly you could do a trial period of the color schemes, to see how they look once they are on the site. Leave each on for a few days and then vote at the end to see which appealed the most.

loobylou
12-19-2007, 07:35 PM
I am no help Sherry, i like these shades of green.
but, maybe you could change the borders or something ( like paint-striping a car?) and do it seasonally? like something for winter and then maybe a pale pink for spring? or a soft blue for summer? and something rusty or brown for fall?

just a thought.

I like Stacy's "paint striping idea".
Not sure about changing it for every season though. Do we need to consider "branding" here? You know, how we recognise products by their colour schemes ETC? I would like to see us keep the pale green as a constant, and maybe just change the darker colours (If we really need a change)

Becky P
12-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Hmmmm I am in the middle. I like the brown/turq and pink/brown and green/purp ideas. Honey...if it was black and red...with big ole flashing lights on it I would still visit. As I cant live without my shack fix.

ellie
12-19-2007, 09:17 PM
If I had to choose, I like the blue/brown or sage/lt. purple.

Paula Carden
12-19-2007, 09:31 PM
You are the boss, I will be happy with whatever you want!

Suzanne
12-19-2007, 09:40 PM
oohh. Soft Blue & Chocolate Brown. I just bought the most scrumptious bedding set in these 2 colors.

countrycowgirl
12-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Purple.... with uh purple...LOL!

maxiesmom
12-19-2007, 10:24 PM
I vote for staying the same, I love our colors!

mdcash
12-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Hmmm, I like pink/brown, lt blue/brown, turq/brown, purple/green....decisions, decisions.

MidwestStamper
12-19-2007, 10:44 PM
I visit several sites, and this green that we already have here is very soothing for the eyes--and the black print is a good contrast.

Far North
12-20-2007, 01:39 AM
Yes, I agree that I too like the green lots and like it being a constant. The green is easy to read and a calming enviorment. Changing the home page feature story graphics is enough for me. But if change is necessary I hope it is a subtle change of the orange to purple or stripes would be fine.

TiikkiStars
12-20-2007, 01:46 AM
Ha!! Ya know, my eyes have always registered the colors here as yellows???!!! Now that I look more closely, I'm seeing the greens, but really, on both my laptop and the family desktop, I see yellow. lol

With that said, I like these colors. Whoever said it is right, its easy on the eyes. And as someone else said, its unique and it doesn't look like other sites, which is nice. Also, I kinda like Stacy's idea of keeping the colors the same and maybe just putting some seasonally identifiying colors at the edges.

:> Karen

mjbonoan
12-20-2007, 02:11 AM
Awesome ideas and color choices... I'm personally not a green person, how about adding a contrasting color, if we keep the green, that is!!! I'll be happy with any color you choose!!!

threefriends91
12-20-2007, 02:23 AM
Sherry, l do love these colours you use now.and it is easy on my eye's. l wouldn't change a thing, you did a great job with these colours.. it feels and looks great. Are you getting tired of these colours.
If you do feel that you need to change these colours please!!! make it something that is as easy on the eyes.

iloveflipflops
12-20-2007, 05:46 AM
I'm going out on a limb here but how about bright pink with lime green polka dots?!?! BIG POLKA DOTS?!?!?! HA HA Just kidding of course.

I will like whatever you pick Sherry. Even no color is fine by me. As long as I have my Shack :).

scrapsoon
12-20-2007, 07:30 AM
Hello,
I like this collourcombo too.
It's indeed easy on the eyes.
And it's also standing for The Stampshack by now by me.
Other clubs where i'm a member from change to often from collour or whatever.
My eyes can't handle that,sometimes i even can't read the words.

But when you go for soft collours i don't mind wich one you choose.
And the stamplogo wow i'll be first to buy.

Jailbirdstamper
12-22-2007, 01:47 PM
soft browns, tans, cream would be lovely!

shuggy
12-22-2007, 04:24 PM
i agree with sherri...as long as the shacks still here, it doesn't matter what color it is!!!