PDA

View Full Version : I have a date

Swanie78
12-20-2007, 02:13 AM
for April!!! LOL
An ex-boyfriend from my childhood found me on Myspace and contacted me last week. We messaged thru Myspace a couple of times and last night I gave him my phone number.
This morning he called me! :wideeyed:
We were cracking up and laughing about childhood stuff. We met and "dated" the first time in 5th grade...lol Then for a few months in Jr. High. Our senior year I asked him to Prom but he already had a date.
So anyway, between the laughs he was apologizing for different things that he felt bad about all these years. Isn't that sweet :) I don't remember most of the stuff he was talking about it, but I thought it was nice....lol
Anyway, it's been fun catching up with him and he said when I came to IL in the spring he'd take me out on a date :cute:

hbpuppy
12-20-2007, 02:26 AM
Woo hoo. Sounds like a lot of fun.

iloveflipflops
12-20-2007, 05:44 AM
April!? Too bad you have to wait that long. LOL Sounds like fun though.

stampinmom3
12-20-2007, 05:48 AM
Cool! Keep in touch and you'll be madly in love by then, married soon and moving closer to us East Coast Girls. Hee Hee

Nancy
12-20-2007, 07:23 AM
Wow, sometimes the school friends turn out to be the best.- Nancy

Christie
12-20-2007, 07:41 AM
That's cool! You know my SIL went to school with this guy 20 years ago. About a year ago he needed someone to come up with some music for a commercial he was making for his buisness. He remembered that she plays the fiddle and called her up. Well since the last time they spoke she married had two kids and got a divorce. They are now living togheter. How funny is that!!! So you never know what might happen on your date in the spring. you two might really hit it off and be the best thing!! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

inkypingers
12-20-2007, 09:02 AM
how romantical!
Good luck...
so happy this happened in your life, such a neat story!
Inky hugs,
Jennifer

GrammaStamper
12-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Catching up with old friends is always a great thing. Keep looking forward to April, it'll be here soon than you think.

threefriends91
12-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Oh this is sooo exicting!!! April l wonder if you can both wait that long LOL

logcabincreations
12-20-2007, 10:50 AM
So Kelly....does he still have hair???

Tantalize
12-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Oh Kelly!!!! How exciting. You know I wish you the best.

directmailscrapper
12-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Awwww. Sounds like someone should make a Christmas movie out of this! What fun! Glad you reconnected! Keep us posted -- we old married ladies like to live vicariously through you younger gals!

Nancy

irishchristine
12-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Good for you! I just had my reunion and it was fun running into everyone!! I hope you date goes well!!

Canadian, eh
12-20-2007, 03:29 PM
This is so exciting. I'm anxious to hear about your date.

Swanie78
12-20-2007, 11:35 PM
So Kelly....does he still have hair???
LOL Yeah, he still has all of his hair. I'll share a picture tomorrow when I get home from work. He's actually still really cute :)
He sent me some pictures last night of when we were young and went to camp with our whole class. I emailed back commenting on them and he called me again a few minutes later.
He keeps telling me Im addicting...LOL! That he hates talking on the phone, but he hates when he has to hang up with me.
I'm not going to get overly excited about anything. Although, his end goal is to live in CA (but in So. CA) so it'd fit into my plans :laugh:
Want a laugh?????
He's a ghost hunter...rofl! And I was laughing at him today which he thought was funny. He's going to take me ghost hunting when Im there to see if he can scare the crap out of me :P Not likely, but itll be fun!

IMBlessed5
12-21-2007, 12:56 AM
This is such a neat story! Like someone else said, we ol' married folk have to live vicariously through stories like this.

Where is he in IL? I know - chances are slim that he'd be in my area, just thought I'd ask. ;)

Swanie78
12-21-2007, 01:00 AM
This is such a neat story! Like someone else said, we ol' married folk have to live vicariously through stories like this.

Where is he in IL? I know - chances are slim that he'd be in my area, just thought I'd ask. ;)
We were raised in Elgin/South Elgin but he currently lives in Genoa (near DeKalb/Sycamore). NW suburbs :)

ellie
12-21-2007, 01:01 AM
That is very cool. It's funny how those things happen...you could end up being Mrs. Ghosthunter!

Swanie78
12-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Heres a couple of pictures I said I would post. :)

Swanie78
12-21-2007, 02:48 PM
That is very cool. It's funny how those things happen...you could end up being Mrs. Ghosthunter!
LMAO!
I dont see ghosthunting in my future ;)

inkypingers
12-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Whoo-eee Kelly...now that is a nice looking man.
He really takes a nice pic...meee-owwww!
Heehee
Inky hugs,
Jennifer

Tantalize
12-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Nice catch, lady! ;)

hutchink
12-21-2007, 06:13 PM
wowzers...he is HOT! Have a wonderful time :)

Kreative Dryve
12-22-2007, 12:10 PM
That sounds like fun!
I have my HS reunion in 2008, and I am excited to see all my ol' friends.
No BF though, and since I am happily married that might be a blessing.
~Marie