PDA

View Full Version : Happy news/sad news

Deborah
12-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Well, I'll have another card published in the February issue of a card making magazine...happy news.

The magazine will stop publishing with that issue...sad news.

This is the second time I'll have a card in a soon-to-be-defunct magazine. Hope I'm not sending bad karma with my cards. Sigh.

I've been asked not to publicize the name of the magazine, they'll issue their "last issue" statement in that Feb issue.

BUT...it's a popular magazine which changed its name and some of its focus during this past year.

My advice...don't give magazine subscription gifts this Christmas. :no2:

countrycowgirl
12-21-2007, 07:57 PM
...... gessh! I am not sure why the card magazines have such a difficult time... I guess we need to buy more to keep them going!

hbpuppy
12-21-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm glad that you are getting published again. maybe the last copy will be a collectors item.

loobylou
12-22-2007, 04:38 AM
hey Deb
Just got my latest Australian Stamping and papercraft and can't see you in it. Do you have any more pending publication? I'll keep my eyes peeled

HeatherJ
12-22-2007, 10:21 AM
I am sure it is not YOU!!!! If they had started publishing your cards sooner, they may have had a stronger fan base ;) All kidding aside, it is a shame some of our favourites are not making it financially. I sure buy my share! But congrats on the publication, Deborah.

Deborah
12-22-2007, 12:14 PM
hey Deb
Just got my latest Australian Stamping and papercraft and can't see you in it. Do you have any more pending publication? I'll keep my eyes peeled

You're funny.

Yep, there are two more cards due to be published in...some upcoming issue...who knows? I think that'll be about it though. Postage for sending well packaged cards to Oz is...ummm...high, so I think I'll stick with North American mags. It was such FUN to be published there though! I finally recived my complimentary copy of Vol 13 # 3...they sure did nice photography!

cindi
12-22-2007, 11:03 PM
no wonder they want your cards, they are awesome!
WOW, I can't believe that there are card mags not making it!!..I mean I buy a ton, and I'm sure lots of others do too! The overhead must be bad for them not to make it!
oh well, congrats again!
:)