PDA

View Full Version : Big weather change in MI

Spartymom
11-29-2006, 01:52 PM
Well it's in the 60's but right now it's thundering/lightening and a little bit of hail. Some weather people are saying that we will get a foot of snow, if the cold front from the south gets this far. Interesting.
Kim

tojoco
11-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Hi Kim, it's a very very warm day here today again too BUT they say the weather will drastically change overnight. They are expecting temps to plummet from the 70s to the 20s AND are predicting a snow and ice storm. I'll believe it when I see it.:nah: There will probably be no school tomorrow and Friday because western Tennessee shuts down on the threat of bad weather. There are already lines of people at the stores wanting to buy basic supplies.:wideeyed: :nod:

suzi_f
11-29-2006, 02:26 PM
They are predicting it to hit us in StL too. I'll believe it when I see it. Unfortunately, when I see it, I'll already be at work & have to watch it pile up & wait for lunch to be over before I can leave!

Christie
11-29-2006, 02:27 PM
It's 81 here in TX. It's starting to get windy and cloudy. We are suppose to be getting your storm tomorrow afternoon. I think they said the temps will fall into the 40's tomorrow! :grin: That's COLD for Texas! I can't wait. Then it will be in the 50's for the weekend!

iloveflipflops
11-29-2006, 02:35 PM
Its about 74 here today but I think cold weather is heading our way too but not till Saturday which is fine by me ...

suzi_f
11-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Its about 74 here today but I think cold weather is heading our way too but not till Saturday which is fine by me ...

Which is fine: the cold weather or the fact that it won't be there until Sat?:wub:

mydogstinks2
11-29-2006, 05:14 PM
I know we are getting ready for the snow! This will be my first time driving in snow in about 15 years! I'jm a little scared of it:confused: . DH has this weekend off and he said if it's really bad he'll drive me to work.

scrappinnuts
11-29-2006, 05:23 PM
We are having the cold weather today..California cold that is...Our high today was 39..our low last night 7...we get weather like this in this Part of Ca..but it did come on very fast...last week it was in the low 70's...also very windy here...stay warm...

suzi_f
11-29-2006, 05:31 PM
We are having the cold weather today..California cold that is...Our high today was 39..our low last night 7...we get weather like this in this Part of Ca..but it did come on very fast...last week it was in the low 70's...also very windy here...stay warm...

YIKES!! 7 degrees centigrade?? That's cold!!! Where in CA are you?

scrappinnuts
11-29-2006, 05:37 PM
In the High Desert...about 2 hours south of Las Vegas..gets very cold here for Ca... in the winter...People think because we live in the Desert..it is hot all year long...but we get more cold than hot...I love the cold..especially when I can be inside by the fire...crafting of course...

suzi_f
11-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Do you get snow?? When I was a kid, we went to the Grand Canyon & it snowed on us. My bro threw a snowball into the Grand Canyon. What is your average high temp?

scrappinnuts
11-29-2006, 05:53 PM
We do get snow...But only a few times a year...because it is so dry here..our Hi in the winter in 40's during the day...and night 20's or teen's...summer..average is about 90 daytime..but it is very dry..so the hot never feels that hot...and we always get a nice breeze in the afternoon...just different than you here about So. California...Nice most of the time..always sunny...

shuggy
11-29-2006, 05:59 PM
we had a big strom yesterday, dumped a few inches of snow. then the clouds moved out. so today it is blue sky and beautiful, but FREEZING!!!! it's aroun 21 right now with the feels like 9 degrees cause of the wind chill. i hate the cold!! supposed to get down to 13 (feels like 5 predicted) tonight. YIKES!!! gonna be cold in the morning!:nah: