PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only slacker???

mydogstinks2
12-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Christmas is in 3 days!!

my turkey is frozen SOLID!

the gifts are not even finished yet

the ones that are finished are not wrapped

I still have to shop for DH and my Mom

I have baked nothing that I usually do, no cookies, no fudge, nothing!

I'm thinkin I'm the grinch this year. Christmas must not come no way no how.
Or at least wait a couple more days for me! LOL

shuggy
12-22-2007, 04:35 PM
nope. i'm right there with you!! i have to wrap all my christmas presents and get some last minute finishing touches!!!

iloveflipflops
12-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Take a deep breath Chris in ... out ... in ... out !!!!!

There now do you feel better!??!?!??!?!? Just trying to help :)

Christie
12-22-2007, 04:42 PM
You better get that turkey pulled out! I pulled mine out yesterday.

stampinmom3
12-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Dh and I just finished out shopping for the kids last night. That ALL needs wrapped. Ugh. I was so far ahead too. LOL

suzi_f
12-22-2007, 05:06 PM
I think I'm actually done! We bought the last of the presents last night, I wrapped them this morning & then we went to Target this afternoon (YIKES!!!) and bought stocking stuffers. I'm not happy w/what I have for dh but, it's done now! All my cookies are baked unless I talk myself into some more cutout cookies since they are disappearing WAY TOO FAST. What's that on my fingers? Sanding sugar??? Ooops, I guess the kids aren't eating ALL of them!

IMBlessed5
12-22-2007, 05:14 PM
The only thing I had left to do was send some Christmas cards. I'm SO not a "send-a-card" person, even though I love to make them. LOL BUT, I did get them in the mail today! DH was like "um, they're gonna be late!" I just said "better late than never!" But I already thought of one I forgot. I think they'll be getting a "happy new year" card instead, then I don't look so bad! ;)

teabear
12-22-2007, 06:02 PM
You are definitely not alone. I'm giving hubby cold hard cash to put toward the printing press he wants. Gift cards for others. More wrapping to do. No cookies baked, except for the cookie exchange and I gave those to my dad. I did shop for Kyle, but everyone else is getting just a little bit. That's just the best I can do this year. I'm not even stressed about it either. I can't wait for this year to be over.

keltie
12-22-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm the real slacker, Others just use my name. Heather "Slack"

mjbonoan
12-22-2007, 06:43 PM
Are you kidding... I haven't even put up my tree, made a single card, or wrapped any presents! Too much work and not enough play... November and December were very busy months at work so I've been totally pooped by the time I get home. However, I'm officially on vacations... maybe I can get something done before Christmas!

Swanie78
12-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Sorta in the same boat, except for the gifts. Mine have been bought and wrapped for a couple of weeks. Had that done before I got the tree up...lol
I just got back from the store and bought stuff to make cake balls (never made them but they sound good!) and Ill be doing that tomorrow.
I also bought stuff to make stuffed shells. And my ham is out of the freezer and in the fridge as of this morning :) We always went to my (Italian) aunts house for Christmas so ham and stuffed shells are the norm. Since this is my dad's first christmas here I didnt want him to feel left out...lol Although Im sure my shells wont touch my aunts!